Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1042
  1. #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by eesucks View Post
    I can confirm that freeTether still works with 1.4 without a hitch, so that is still an option until WiFi is back up and running.
    What you meant to say is that you can confirm that freeTether still works in 1.4 with USB. If you are like me and USB(/bluetooth) is not an option, then we have to wait (or use freetether/d+Mytether
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  2. #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    Yes. MyTether now functions as a MiFi router like MHS did
    But only if you use freetether/d along with it. MyTether (last I checked) is also broken because it doesn't set the ipforwarding. So you can use freetether/d to do it (turn on ip forwarding), THEN use Mytether 2.1 with Wifi. Perfect irony.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  3. #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    What do you need to have my tether work like MHS?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2271525

    EDIT: Ignore that, Mytether was updated and does not need freetether anymore. See postings below
    Last edited by crxssi; 03/01/2010 at 08:09 PM.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  4. #644  
    I am using the latest my tether without the free tether service and it connects great.
  5. #645  
    Hey guys let me warn you, I'm a noob to this, but I tried to follow the steps laid out in
    USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals but I can't get the "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget #2" driver to work on my machine. Within Device Manager on my XP laptop, it shows that it can not start.
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    I must admit I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the different information floating around, but I can usually work my way through things like this.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  6. #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am using the latest my tether without the free tether service and it connects great.
    Without Freetether installed at all? Was Mytether updated very recently (like, today)? I saw post after post on the Mytether list saying it doesn't work unless freetether is used. Very confusing.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  7. #647  
    The latest verison of My Tether service has been updated to work standalone.
  8. #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    The latest version of My Tether service has been updated to work standalone.
    OK, I decided to try it. The script installed Mytether 2.1.0 & TetherService 1.1.6. The service (1.1.6) is what was updated for WebOS 1.4, apparently sometime yesterday evening.

    It does, indeed, work, and with freetether/d not installed. My speed was much slower (1Mb/s & 0.28 Mb/s) than the last time I tested tethering (under Freetether/MHS) of course, that doesn't mean anything without back-to-back tests. For some reason, Mytether caused a luna restart DURING the speedtest.net when I pressed power to wake up the screen.... yet it stayed connected and usable the whole time during the luna restart!! Now THAT is freaky.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  9. #649  
    FWIW, bluetooth tethering via freetether/freetetherd seems to still work fine. I'm on linux, though. Can't help the windows folks on whatever voodoo they have to do on their machines to bring up a PAN connection. It just works here.
  10.    #650  
    CRXSSI, thanks for the review, if things dont get running again for MHS I may go back to mytether.
  11. #651  
    I read every post an stil can't get this to work.

    When I opn MHS, I can not get it to turn on, no matter in what order or how many time I restart the phone.

    I followed the instructions listed, changed the network name and nothing. I guess the only good thing am getting is that it does show an IP address.

    Any help will be geatly appreciated.
  12. #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by wabimen View Post
    I read every post an stil can't get this to work.

    When I opn MHS, I can not get it to turn on, no matter in what order or how many time I restart the phone.

    I followed the instructions listed, changed the network name and nothing. I guess the only good thing am getting is that it does show an IP address.

    Any help will be geatly appreciated.
    1.4 broke MHS v1.03 on Sprint Pres. Will it come back? Jury's still out.
  13. #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by wabimen View Post
    I read every post an stil can't get this to work.

    When I opn MHS, I can not get it to turn on, no matter in what order or how many time I restart the phone.

    I followed the instructions listed, changed the network name and nothing. I guess the only good thing am getting is that it does show an IP address.

    Any help will be geatly appreciated.
    You are not reading the threads.

    MHS does not work in 1.4 at this time. Period!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  14. #654  
    just a thought..... everytime someone figures a way to make MHS and Mytether work , the next update will break them.... untill someone figures out what they need to add to the program..... in this case the Mytether guys ( i don't know who came out with the updated one) beat the MHS guys...... but i'm pretty sure MHS will run on 1.4 it's just a matter of time...but whenever the next update comes it'll just break them again..... for sprint user's that is
  15. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #655  
    So MHS does not work for 1.4..... right now. give it a week
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  16. #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot199 View Post
    Hey guys let me warn you, I'm a noob to this, but I tried to follow the steps laid out in
    USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals but I can't get the "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget #2" driver to work on my machine. Within Device Manager on my XP laptop, it shows that it can not start.
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

    I must admit I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the different information floating around, but I can usually work my way through things like this.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    What, no love for my question? Someone have any advice for me, please?
  17. #657  
    Man i installed mytether but even though it works my preference is MHS by far
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  18. danrod8's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    Man i installed mytether but even though it works my preference is MHS by far
    Do you mind sharing why you prefer MHS? I haven't tried the latest version of MyTether and will probably just wait for MHS.
  19. #659  
    I would supposed that someone with a Verizon Pre might have the newer MHS app they could post, since they are now at WebOs 1.4?
  20. benjet's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    I would supposed that someone with a Verizon Pre might have the newer MHS app they could post, since they are now at WebOs 1.4?
    The VZW MHS app doesn't work on Sprint's Pre

    Assume Sprint 1.4 disables something "deeper"
    Last edited by benjet; 03/02/2010 at 10:06 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions