Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    When i open Freetether, on the main page, i do have an ip address. only when i select usb, or bluetooth option does it say NULL as an ip. any solutions? tia
    Ah, that is different. When there is no IP when you first go into freetether, that indicates that the freetetherd service is not running (I wish it would trigger a plain-english error, that would help a lot of people). Not sure about what is happening in your particular case (since I have never USB/bluetooth tethered before; plus I haven't picked up that info following the threads).
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcled View Post
    MyTether working with Freetether installed and IP Forwarding enabled allows you to use it wifi or usb. Works great with the same speeds I had on 1.3.5-1.
    Yep, that is why I posted that information yesterday.
    so wouldn't it be best to post a link to receive the new MHS?
    I'm sure they will when is out. At the moment only mytether works as wifi router
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    remember if you dont update , the update is going to be pushed by himself after 2 or 3 weeks if not wrong!
    I accepted the update last night then doctored back so I might be ok and if not and the phone updates again I'll just doctor back
  6.    #626  
    Bummer...

Well, I am sure that whatever Palm changed, can be fixed as it is essentially the same machine. Maybe someone can figure out a way to enable the mhs service manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    now that mobile hotspot is dead how to i tether through usb. i get an ip address on the first screen but null on wifi , usb, and bluetooth.
    THATS THE $1MILLION QUESTION!! NO ONE seems to know...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    now that mobile hotspot is dead how to i tether through usb. i get an ip address on the first screen but null on wifi , usb, and bluetooth.
    I got usb tethering working by reinstalling free tether and then using webos quick install command line to enable usbnet and it works.....
    i jus finished extracting the mhs from webos doctor for verizon....and apparetly i installed it on my phone but it wont show up as an app? a lil help?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngevizu View Post
    i jus finished extracting the mhs from webos doctor for verizon....and apparetly i installed it on my phone but it wont show up as an app? a lil help?
    Are you trying to take the MHS from Verizon and putting it on a Sprint phone? VzW's version of MHS will recognize that your phone isn't on VzW and will just keep resetting itself. Believe me, I tried using the VzW MHS on a sprint phone and it was a giant pain to get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    THATS THE $1MILLION QUESTION!! NO ONE seems to know...
    Try here:

USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-problem.html
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Can MyTether do what the MHS did? If MHS for Sprint is broken for good, I might have to jump ship. But ONLY if it does have a MHS to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Can MyTether do what the MHS did? If MHS for Sprint is broken for good, I might have to jump ship. But ONLY if it does have a MHS to it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2265142
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    so Let me get this straight, this no longer works on the sprint pre
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    so Let me get this straight, this no longer works on the sprint pre
    That's correct.
    I tried getting the /usr/bin/mobilehotspotd and /etc/event.d/mobilehotspotd files from my 1.3.5.1 backup. I put them back where they should be, and respawned it using initctl and it restarted properly, but still no joy. I can see the wireless network but it's apparently somehow blocked from passing packets.

Incidentally, I tried the new MyTether for 1.4 and it did the same thing. Other people report WiFi tethering is working, But I can't make it pass packets.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I loved it when MHS worked! Hopefully the gifted people on here can get it running again!!!!

waiting patiently!!!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I can confirm that freeTether still works with 1.4 without a hitch, so that is still an option until WiFi is back up and running.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Yes. MyTether now functions as a MiFi router like MHS did.

Luckily I left it on my phone after switching to MHS.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    What do you need to have my tether work like MHS?