Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I suggest using:
    - com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all
    - us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7
    - auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch

As you'll no longer have to manually toggle IP Forward setting
    Great, thanks. No need for freeTether to be on the phone any longer so I can remove it?

To update these, do I need to remove them first with QI or just install them on top of the old files?
    Quote Originally Posted by nutflush920 View Post
    Great, thanks. No need for freeTether to be on the phone any longer so I can remove it?

To update these, do I need to remove them first with QI or just install them on top of the old files?
    Everything but the patch can be installed on top of old. Patch must be removed the reinstalled. And yes, the freeTether webOS app can be removed if you use the patch (though you'll still need freeTetherD)

And please keep in mind, all this "Mobile Hotspot on non-Verizon" stuff is at your own risk
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    FYI A version 1.0.6 of Mobile Hotspot has appeared in Preware from the Palm feed. Of course if you try to install it you get an error but if someone knew of another way to install it...
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    FYI A version 1.0.6 of Mobile Hotspot has appeared in Preware from the Palm feed. Of course if you try to install it you get an error but if someone knew of another way to install it...
    worth noting that I'm on the Sprint US App Catalog and that app is not listed. No wonder installing it via preware causes issues, lol.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Palm is more likely to take the files down as, quite simply, it's their property and is being illegally posted here.
    Are you sure that it wasn't the "Can you sue me now?" guys, since MHS is an exclusive sales feature of Verizon's Pre Plus for the time being?????
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    worth noting that I'm on the Sprint US App Catalog and that app is not listed. No wonder installing it via preware causes issues, lol.

Yeah the error states that i'm not with the correct carrier ie. verizon.
    I have a Sprint Sierra Wireless USB 598 card. But I have to say MHS is way faster! Love it thanks Jason!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Everything but the patch can be installed on top of old. Patch must be removed the reinstalled. And yes, the freeTether webOS app can be removed if you use the patch (though you'll still need freeTetherD)

And please keep in mind, all this "Mobile Hotspot on non-Verizon" stuff is at your own risk
    Great thanks again. So, what will have to be uninstalled before the 1.4 update? Will these patches show up in Preware for easy uninstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by nutflush920 View Post
    Great thanks again. So, what will have to be uninstalled before the 1.4 update? Will these patches show up in Preware for easy uninstall?
    Patch, like all patches, will need to be uninstalled before v1.4.

I'm not sure what you mean by easy uninstall, WebOS Quick Install Installs patches in the same way Preware does. You can uninstall WoSQI patches within Preware, the same as Preware-installed patches.

And no, it won't be added to Preware, as stated in the patch's thread, due to the controversial nature

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I also seem to have the MyTether ad-hoc network still up and running even though I don't have MyTether installed anymore. Doesn't prevent me from using MHS nor from connecting to WiFi at home though. Does seem strange that my laptop keeps seeing MyTether network even though I don't have the app installed. If you try to connect to that network though, nothing happens. Seems like it is visible but not useable.

I would appreciate if someone knows how to shut this down without having to doctor the phone.
    Just going to doctor my phone... have some other issues to contend with as well so I am up in arms. It would be nice to know tho if this happens in the future.
    Did what you said Jason, and I gotta say this is much nicer and faster too.

Does the new patch file need to be renamed with the .ipk file extension prior to installing with WebOSQI, or is it OK to install with the .patch extension?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayevans View Post
    Does the new patch file need to be renamed with the .ipk file extension prior to installing with WebOSQI, or is it OK to install with the .patch extension?
    .patch worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    where is this located? i search and can't find it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Awesome! I've install it and it works really well. I've disable it and my Pre WiFi still works. I'm saving this offline, just in case.

Thank you!
    Have not tried loading this tether setup yet. But just looked again at the Precentral App link and the article by Jason is still listed @11:35CT
    stupid question, i know.
    when installing all this, on sprint, will i be able to use the pre as a modem to myt laptoip, away from any wifi network, using only sprints network?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    stupid question, i know.
    when installing all this, on sprint, will i be able to use the pre as a modem to myt laptoip, away from any wifi network, using only sprints network?
    yes. your laptop will be using sprints network by connecting to your pre via wifi
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    stupid question, i know.
    It turns your Pre into a wifi access point. If your laptop has wifi, just tell it to connect to the Pre instead of your home wifi, and off you go. Modems are sooooooo 20th century.....
    I have watched this whole fiasco go down just got it installed before things got pulled. The problem I have is the on/off button on Mobile Hotspot does not function. The only thing I could possibly think of is the fact my phone will not pull the most recent webOS update (1.3.5.1) for me to update the OS. I installed the original (3) files and just tried the new patch for IP forwarding. Still no-go.

Can some tell me if my hypothesis is right or how I can manually pull the webOS update? Numerous times already I have ran the phones' search for updates.

Any help is appreciated

EDIT: I doctored my phone to wipe clean mytether

EDIT2: didnt have current version of webOS Doctor. off switch issue solved. now everthing connects but no movement

EDIT3: removed patch and installed FT connects and works with this. would be nice to work for me with one program
    Last edited by prebee; 01/24/2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: EDIT3: removed patch and installed FT connects and works with this. would be nice to work for me with one program
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast