Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    how do i completely remove freetether and mobile hot spot?
    i used quickinstall to install the three download parts from the first page of this thread, but i couldn't use the link provided for the feed to install the freetetherd part
    so i want to go back to mytether.

so far i deleted the free tether and the mobile hot spot from my phone using the red button, and selecting each icon on the pre and clicking "delete".
    i reinstalled mytether, but now even though im connected to the pre in wifi, i can't get internet connection, so i think maybe the free tether and mobile hot spot parts arent all deleted.
    what else do i need to do to get rid of the mobile hot spot patches and stuff?

Edit: figure it out. had to go into preware on my phone and remove the freetetherd patch, then reset for all of it to be gone.
    the new mytether is without the manual patch, once they get that to work i guess it would be the same as if mobile hot spot worked for me
    Last edited by techfreak24; 02/25/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have read damn near every page within this thread and I still am struggling getting this to work.

Everything is really clear and understood about installation and which files to use. I have started from scratch resetting my device and even cleared everything via preware.

I have webOSQI installed and use that to install the files in the order give on the first page. Taking it a step further I cleared it all again and started from scratch doing it how Scratch recommended in his post in the proper order leaving out one of the files as he recommended.

The problem is this.

Everything installs with zero issue when i go to start the application it spin infinitely and never is recognized my my wireless devices (ie: laptop, pc, etc.)
    I have an IP Address that is within the first window of freetether.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated for I believe i have exhausted everything possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Z
    when you phone is hooked up to quickinstall can you see that all 3 files are installed and can you see the icon for both freetether and mobile hotspot in your launcher? just to check to see if it was still working or giving me the problem you described I tethered my laptop and it's working fine also what hotspot do you have should be 1.0.3
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    To confirm the versions they are as follows:

auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch

com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all.ipk

us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk

Again, I have started fresh now on more than 8 occasions and even have the mytether donor version and none of them seem to work. They always seems to spin infinitely and never start the session.
    don't install this: us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all.ipk on your phone, the other ipk's should be installed only. I installed all of the ipk's with the exception of that one and it worked for me
    I agree, Mytether is not an efficient program, I never could get the 2.1 version installed and the dev couldn't give me an accurate answer or resolution, thats when I ventured over to Mobile HS and have been happy ever since
    I also don't see a freetether icon in my launcher, just the mobilehotspot icon, still works though
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hmm will this be compatible with webos update?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I also don't see a freetether icon in my launcher, just the mobilehotspot icon, still works though
    you have 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    you have 1.4?
    Dude, look at the posting date...

MHS is broken as of now for 1.4
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron800 View Post
    Dude, look at the posting date...

MHS is broken as of now for 1.4
    I was tired when I post that and didn't realize the date of the post. stupid me..
    I am confirming that MHS is broken in 1.4. MHS says "Mobile HotSpot service is not running". That service used to be running as part of the OS by default. Now it looks like it is disabled or just not running by default.

Not knowing how that works, it could be that the code is still there but just not running and a way to activate it needs to be developed.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Hope is fixed soon. This was the best app hands down!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I have not tried Mytether yet, but have been monitoring the lists. Looks like they are having issues also (as expected). Ironically, several report it working if they piggyback freetether/d to enable the forwarding . Since I so rarely use tethering, I will just wait and see what happens.

Unrelated: Preware feeds are extremely slow and often failing, probably from server overloads.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    Hope is fixed soon. This was the best app hands down!!!
    Second that!
    I wonder how long until the Verizon 1.4.0 Doctor file will be available? That should have the current and correct daemon to run the mobile hotspot service...
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Stopped working for me too after the 1.4 update. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, which then allowed me to turn mobile hotspot on. However, after turning it on a message pops up stating,
    No Sharing Service
    Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help.
    This was all done on a Sprint Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pharbrian View Post
    Stopped working for me too after the 1.4 update. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, which then allowed me to turn mobile hotspot on. However, after turning it on a message pops up stating,

This was all done on a Sprint Palm Pre.
    I got the same message with Mobile Hotspot on my Pre. But I did find out that BT tethering with freeTether still works.
    MHS not working that's sad!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dustman81 View Post
    I got the same message with Mobile Hotspot on my Pre. But I did find out that BT tethering with freeTether still works.
    hhmm thats good to know. I might update now. I think BT tethering will be good for now till they get wifi tether fixed.