Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stkupprnc View Post
    My problem is I am not able to get the wifi to surf. My mac connects to MHS fine and I do have an IP in freetether but no internet access beyond that. I can switch to BT and everything works just fine. I am out of ideas.
    I don't really have any suggestions except to try another wifi client device and see if it is just related to your particular computer. Of course, make sure to try as "open" with no encryption to eliminate that stuff.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Good suggestion. I already tried it and it unfortunately doesn't work. Thanks for the response.
    ^try turning BT off.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I totally agree about the wiki and yes post a thread and no there is no limit (i think)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Reposting since there seems to be requests every other day and this is buried at Post 230 and still seems useful since this is posted on my server and not a rapidshare or similar site

"I offered to up these on my server on post 200

The patch is included on here I believe Post 38 and the other two necessary files I loaded here
    http://www.mokaraoke.com/palm/us.rya....0.3_armv7.ipk
    http://www.mokaraoke.com/palm/com.pa..._1.0.3_all.ipk

I'm happy to help but if anyone wants to donate to my server costs feel free. When i get time I'll be installing this my self.

Edit I just realized the patch was post 38 of the patch thread Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot "
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^try turning BT off.
    I did, another valid suggestion but it still doesnt work. All good, I am able to surf so no worries...just limited to my laptop.

Thanks
    anybody got any suggestions on how to speed it up? also when i try to connect an other device i get the ip address (null). anybody kno why? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    anybody got any suggestions on how to speed it up? also when i try to connect an other device i get the ip address (null). anybody kno why? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
    Speed what up? You want to wave a magic wand and have the 3G service in your area suddenly increase in speed???
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    sorry yes i was refering to you. when i said ipod thing i was refering to my previous post that also had that question that hadnt been answered yet. So i was hoping you would know. I tried with another cell phone and it wouldnt connect. Just kept saying connecting. Sorry for the rudeness
    Not that this would ever be needed, but I was thinking along the same lines as you, and when I had the Mobile Hotspot enabled, I connected my friends Pre via WIFI with no problems. Now, why we would ever need that situation is another story....
    does this show on the other side to sprint i mean
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the guide(s). Having issued downloading Mobil HS right now, keeps saying servers are overloaded.
    well speed MHS up, we are talking about MHS arent we? the reason i ask is cause i get way faster speeds with mytether. with mytether i get 1.5mb down and .55mb up while as for MHS i get .82mb down and .22mb up. thats dang near half the speed i get on mytether! I get excellent 3g service in my area so i wondered why MHS is so slow for some and faster for others. And for someone who constantly tells others to read the posts should kno that this same situation has happened with other people(post #119,#124,#176,#205,#239,#241,#320,#347,etc.). besides sarcastic remarks just flood the thread and dont help anybody. also i want MHS so i can update my ps3, which i have since i dont have internet where i am as of yet( next month) so i figured this would be a great alternative for the time being. and it has done what i needed it for but, it is slower than im used to thats all and yes i will be looking into aonics new mytether donors only app. Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    also i want MHS so i can update my ps3, which i have since i dont have internet where i am as of yet
    If I were you I'd try downloading the update on a computer and updating the PS3 with usb instead of trying to get it to connect to your pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezalis View Post
    If I were you I'd try downloading the update on a computer and updating the PS3 with usb instead of trying to get it to connect to your pre.
    oh i already did the updates I needed, it took about 15 min. I dont think I'll be doing any gaming till next month though. Thats when I get my broadband setup. thanks again.
    I'm having issues and I'm hoping that someone can help. I've read this entire thread several times and I don't see my exact issue. I've downloaded the files and I have MI Hotspot on my phone. When I turn on the app it makes a connection with my laptop but no internet connection.

I've tried downloading freetetherd several times via WEBOSQI and it shows that it successfully downloaded but it doesn't show up on my phone in the list of apps and according to the instructions I need this app to setup my IP forwarding.

Can anyone help??
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I'm having issues and I'm hoping that someone can help. I've read this entire thread several times and I don't see my exact issue. I've downloaded the files and I have MI Hotspot on my phone. When I turn on the app it makes a connection with my laptop but no internet connection.

I've tried downloading freetetherd several times via WEBOSQI and it shows that it successfully downloaded but it doesn't show up on my phone in the list of apps and according to the instructions I need this app to setup my IP forwarding.

Can anyone help??
    You need to install freetether the app, without the "d" on it. That will allow you to see an app and manually enable forwarding. I still haven't gotten the MHS to work yet, but it should get you what you asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by stkupprnc View Post
    You need to install freetether the app, without the "d" on it. That will allow you to see an app and manually enable forwarding. I still haven't gotten the MHS to work yet, but it should get you what you asked.
    Thanks for the feedback. I will give that a shot.
    Strange??? I finally got MHS to work, but only with windows. My Mac sees MHS, connects to it and then nothing. Same configuration connected by windows and it works. Tried a windows machine and bootcamp with the same outcome. No love for mac. Anyone out there get MHS to work with a mac? If so please let me know what I have to do.

Thanks
    well speed MHS up, we are talking about MHS arent we?
    I had no idea what you were talking about, since you didn't specify. 3G speed? Download speed? Installation speed? Wifi vs. Bluetooth speed? Activation speed? Startup speed? All you said was "speed it up".

the reason i ask is cause i get way faster speeds with mytether. with mytether i get 1.5mb down and .55mb up while as for MHS i get .82mb down and .22mb up. thats dang near half the speed i get on mytether! I get excellent 3g service in my area so i wondered why MHS is so slow for some and faster for others.
    I can't say. But most people posting slower MHS speeds are not comparing to anything (and even .82Mb is not bad for many areas, so in those cases, I wouldn't be surprised or alarmed). I get the same speed with both (as do most people that have compared). I haven't seen anyone answer that kind of question before with anything that might be helpful. It does sound like there is some type of unknown problem with your setup. If you get ANY speed, then it must be installed properly, so there must be some type of conflict or setting issue. Other than something extreme, like Dr'ing the phone and installing just freetether/d/mhs as a test, I don't know what else to try. It is probably not worth the effort if you have mytether working, and because the new WebOS is coming out in just a few days (and might break one, the other, or both).

And for someone who constantly tells others to read the posts
    I wouldn't have to if 90% of the posts weren't asking the same questions that were answered over and over and over again... and when they get NO response, they just post it again and again.

besides sarcastic remarks just flood the thread and dont help anybody.
    So does asking the same questions answered over and over and over again (and note, this doesn't apply to your post- nor did I say that to you). And in many, I point them to the area of interest.
    Just buy the new version of my tether.$15. Just download a windows installer,install and you are good to go.no patches,nothing. Had an instant hotspot without rooting ,etc. I'm very pleased