Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Thanks. Works like a charm.
    does this set it up at ad hoc or infastructure? Would an ipod be able to connect through wifi and surf?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    does this set it up at ad hoc or infastructure? Would an ipod be able to connect through wifi and surf?
    infrastructure
    yes
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    do you know about the ipod thing? i tried with another cell phone and it wouldnt connect
    Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    do you know about the ipod thing? i tried with another cell phone and it wouldnt connect
    Don't know who "you" is, but I assume me. I have three ipod's, none are "touch"/wifi so I can't comment. Not sure what an "ipod thing" is.

However, if the Touch is like any other wifi client (which I imagine it is), it should connect just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Don't know who "you" is, but I assume me. I have three ipod's, none are "touch"/wifi so I can't comment. Not sure what an "ipod thing" is.

However, if the Touch is like any other wifi client (which I imagine it is), it should connect just fine.
    sorry yes i was refering to you. when i said ipod thing i was refering to my previous post that also had that question that hadnt been answered yet. So i was hoping you would know. I tried with another cell phone and it wouldnt connect. Just kept saying connecting. Sorry for the rudeness
    update: yes it does work, an ipod touch will surf the web through wifi on PRE. thanks
    question does this MBS work with vista? I think i have everything installed right. Pre says connected with laptop but cant get connection to the internet.. i installed freetetherd_0.0.3 armv7 & MHS 1.0.3 all & Jasons Patch auto enable ip forwarding.

did I miss a file?

Im using Webos Qi 3.01 The newest one
    Made a mistake on the feeds and installed all 3
    Gstreamer service
    Save and restore service
    freetetherD Network routing
    instead of just thefreetetherD
    But i removed them all and re did it.

I see i forgot to install freetether 0.0.1all. I Did that now im connected but at a crazy low speed. Like slower than dial up. Can anyone help me out with this. i enabled ip forwarding & NAT in the freetether app. Are these settings correct. It literally took me 3 minutes just to load up the google search page. Also I get null for ip address. i have been reading other post looking for answer i just seem to find alot of others with the problem but havent found a solution yet.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 02/06/2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by push2shock View Post
    I have this issue every time. This works for me:

On a Vista Computer

1. Open "Network and Sharing Center"

2. On the left click "manage network connections"

3. Right Click on the hot spot connection (whatever it is named)

4. Select "diagnose"

5. After it works a second, select "Reset Network adapter, wireless network connection"

After it does this, wait 20-50 seconds, try to pull a website, usually comes right on. May have to do it twice, but it always works for me. Hope that helps.

i just checked back in on my post and found that i have had similar success as you...
    i would say most of the time i end up connected relatively quickly but sometimes it's a wait...i installed an ubuntu partition so i'm going to try and tether on that side...??? not to sure what i'm doing in most of this patching and what not's, but F if it isn't good times!

thanks for the reply...

d
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuycott View Post
    i would say most of the time i end up connected relatively quickly but sometimes it's a wait...i installed an ubuntu partition so i'm going to try and tether on that side...??? not to sure what i'm doing in most of this patching and what not's, but F if it isn't good times!
    Having another computer with a different OS, or at least a different OS on the same computer, is a very valuable troubleshooting tool. And you won't get any argument from me about installing Linux
  11. Evansgw
    This is awesome. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    aaahhhh....Ubuntu wont find my pre via mytether....still trying, i won't give in!!!! haha

EDIT: so i went back to vista for the time being, tethering is going well...like right now!

generally i'm around dsl speeds via WiFi, it seems that getting the USB to take hold is not as easy on my machine for whatever reason...my ubuntu partition is not feeling the love yet...soon i hope
    Last edited by dsuycott; 02/07/2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: more info:
    Thanks renck you saved my superbowl sunday
    do we have to run freetether everytime we use mobile hotspot on our sprint pre's?
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    do we have to run freetether everytime we use mobile hotspot on our sprint pre's?
    No. You only have to run it and turn on IP forwarding once per uptime. It is "sticky" until the phone is reset/rebooted.
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    No. You only have to run it and turn on IP forwarding once per uptime. It is "sticky" until the phone is reset/rebooted.
    thanks, I appreciate it.

this is through my pre and mobile hotspot from the gulf coast of bama pretty damn good i think
    How does this compare to the mytether app? I've got the mytether app, but I don't like having to break my camera in order to use it.

Also can I set up freetether with mytether still being installed? Or will there be some sort of conflict there?
    Quote Originally Posted by wgregory88 View Post
    How does this compare to the mytether app? I've got the mytether app, but I don't like having to break my camera in order to use it.

Also can I set up freetether with mytether still being installed? Or will there be some sort of conflict there?
    Similar
    New beta doesn't
    Supposedly, yes
    Supposedly, no (as long as the camera patch is not applied)
    Hello all - Yes I am a newbie and yes I did read EVERY post in this thread. I was able to get MHS to work but only on bluetooth, I am posting from MHS over BT now. My problem is I am not able to get the wifi to surf. My mac connects to MHS fine and I do have an IP in freetether but no internet access beyond that. I can switch to BT and everything works just fine. I would love to have wifi access though so my other devices can connect...any suggestions? I am out of ideas.

Oh yeah, I do know that MHS has nothing to do with connecting via BT and that its freeteather actually handling that connection, but it doesnt work w/o MHS installed so I attribute MHS over BT.

Here are my speed results over BT, not bad but limited to just my laptop kinda sucks.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
    Last edited by stkupprnc; 02/08/2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Forgot