Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    cool
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    This is cool, it works great. Did anyone test to see how many connections you can get onto MHS?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    MHS has been working great on my laptop. Only problem I ran into is that it will not allow my laptop to connect to my work server via VPN. I use SonicWall Global VPN. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is? Is there a setting I could change somewhere to allow the VPN network to connect. It seems to get stuck on "acquiring IP address" although the web browser does not seem to have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    The plot thickens....

Tonight I had no apps running on the phone. I used the flashlight app to find something I dropped in the car. Then turned off that app and closed it and pushed the power button to put the Pre in standby. 20 minutes later, I pulled out the Pre and tried to turn it on, and it would not come on. This is my FIRST EVER "CRASH" (in almost 8 months of owning the phone). Pulled the battery, put it in, turned it on. It sat forever on an unanimated "PALM" logo. After 10 min, I pulled the battery again and powered it on, and got the normal animated "PALM" logo and the phone booted.

Pulled up the browser and was immediately greeting with the Sprint warning (with orange attention icon) about how my plan does not allow tethering! People, this is a COLD REBOOT. I have no patch to enable IP forwarding. I had not run freetether nor hotspot. How is that for freaky?

So I decided to try and freetether+hotspot, and it worked perfectly with no warnings, no flashing EVDO icon, and no lost connection. Left it up for 15 min and took it down.

STRANGE
    My phone has done this numerous times, even before I downloaded mobile hotspot and has been an issue since updating to the newest webOS. I just cant get my hotspot to work, have tried repairing the connection but my laptop never appears as a device on the app and never gets internet access (even tho it says its connected...) Too many variables here, I think im just gunna let this one go for a while and keep an eye on you early adopters...
    Hello to everyone i hope this helps. I have been using mytether up until this MHS came out. I love MHS i can help anyone that needs it just pm me...i also have all three files sitting on my laptop. I have friends whom work for company "A" that got me onto modifing my phones. If you dont think that sprint has the technology to track us they do......but honestly what are they going to do. The Information that they get as DATA usage is the same that they would get if we were on the WEB browser built into the phone. If they were to start tring to seperate it...they would have a hell of alot of binary code to go through for ever single customer they have. I know for a fact that i get calls from DM's that work for sprint asking me what they can do to help sales of the Palm Pre and now Pixi.
    Just installed this and it works great. Thanks for the awesome instructions! So far nothing fishy in terms of Sprint warning messages on my phone.

installed and it works on my mac im on it now. this **** is bomb, read the first post and right clicked on all three links and it gave me me a save option. then i just did as posted. now im on wifi off my phone and laptop.whoo hoooo. I love my pre.
    im downloading 4 video's now. and got that speed.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ty everyone works great except for the intial locAL only whe you first start, then if you reset your adapter works flawlessley
    Hm, so on Monday, I installed freetetherd, MHS, and the auto-enable forwarding patch. I immediately tried connecting to it via my laptop, and, according to the laptop, I connected (I don't remember whether MHS acknowledged it or not...probably did). But I didn't try to pull any data through it (i.e., no browsing).

I finally tonight (Wednesday) did connect my laptop to it, and, but this time, as soon as I got the notification on MHS that my laptop had connected, I also got the no tethering on your account message. That was before I tried any browsing. Strange...

...but then I went back to my laptop and fired up a browser (Chrome), and called up Google's search page, Precentral.net, a Precentral article, and m.precentral.net, and clicked in that last to the forums and thence to a new tab with this very thread in it. I'm typing this in via a tethered connection now...

...wonder how that tethering warning got triggered in my MHS. Any ideas? I'll probably wind up cross-posting this question into the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding thread...

In the meantime, hooray for tethering via MHS, at least this once!

EDIT: Here's the crosspost in the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding in Mobile HotSpot thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2184234

EDIT 2: Found the answer, and it worked for me (turn off bluetooth on the Pre):

A search of the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding thread (using "Sprint" as the search term) turns up the answer in post #58 (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2174553 ):
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    You may get the "sprint doesn't allow..." error popup when using MHS if you have your bluetooth enabled. I had mine on got the error turned off bluetooth turned on MHS no error.
    I turned off the Bluetooth radio, and voila, no Sprint dialog box on connection of the laptop.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/28/2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Edit 2: Found and reported the answer to my question/issue: Turn off Bluetooth
    Problem...I have everything installed...everytime I run the Mobile Hotspot app and switch it to "on", the EV icon in the top bar disappears...then I connect my PC just fine, but it says no internet access when I connect to the network...what am I doing wrong?...I have windows 7 btw...
    I've tried turning my wifi on my laptop off, then on, but that never seems to work...
    Okay nevermind...I uninstalled Jason's patch through Preware, then installed the two freetether packages through WQI, and am using the Freetether app method explained in the first post here...now it's working like a charm...

Interesting, tho...while my laptop was connected, I went ahead to see if I could connect my PS3 to the network...everything's fine up until I entered the WPA key...after which, my PS3 tried connecting, but in the process it appears to have kicked my laptop off of the network, as the Mobile Hotspot app says that my laptop disconnected...sure enough, my PS3 fails to connect and says something like "the WPA key you entered may be wrong", tho I'm positive it was right...

The strangest part is, even tho my laptop isn't showing up in the Connected Devices field of the MHS app, I'm still on the network and am surfing the web on my laptop...

I wonder if this info would be useful to someone somehow...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Problem...I have everything installed...everytime I run the Mobile Hotspot app and switch it to "on", the EV icon in the top bar disappears...then I connect my PC just fine, but it says no internet access when I connect to the network...what am I doing wrong?...I have windows 7 btw...
    I thought I would try all this out yesterday with my GSM Pre on O2 - UK.

Previously I had tried the BT tethering in 1.3.5.2 but got the message from O2 saying connection sharing was not allowed. The freeTether IP forwarding allowed BT tethering to work without messages and MHS allowed full WiFi tethering but I did find the following (also with Windows 7).

The PC claimed it had local only connection to begin with but after sitting for a couple of minutes it seemed to realise it had full internet access. I'm guessing something in the way windows 7 checks for internet access times out initially and it takes a while for a full path of packets to be established.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Where is everyone downloading the hotspot app from? I'm lost.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    you guys are all waisting your time with all these apps just install mytether and BOOM tethering you go.........by the way no more having to patch either the man has fixed the wifi problem............
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My tether can't be used as a modem for more than one laptop or PC at a time. Mobile hotspot does this extremely well. It is also easier to set up
    OK so where do i download the hotspot ipk?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    My tether can't be used as a modem for more than one laptop or PC at a time. Mobile hotspot does this extremely well. It is also easier to set up
    not true i've run Mytether wifi on 3 laptops and my PS3 , Ipod it creates a Ad-hoc network
    EDIT: Delete found my answer
    Remember the more computers you connect to a hotspot the less the speed, as for easier to set up not true only one app to uninstall thats it no patching or anything else currently running the beta mytether as i write this, and by the way why would you wanna connect more than one computer and run the risk of losing speed tethering is just for those who wanna some internet connections on the go on there laptops not to hook up a whole network of computers at home.........