Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Done on request. Due to the controversial nature of tether and using Mobile Hotspot on non-Sprint devices, I will not be submitting this patch to Preware. And if Palm requests this patch remove from this thread, I will oblige; I'm not trying to cause any trouble.

This patch will automatically toggle IP forwarding when enabling/disabling Mobile Hotspot. Saves you from having to open freeTether to enable IP Forwarding manually before loading Mobile Hotspot.

Note: requires freeTetherD (Pre link, Pixi link, emulator link)

Enjoy!

EDIT: File removed. Updated patch can be found at post #38
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/24/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My god you work fast!!!!

cheaky request anyidea how to hide the freetether icon? since i don't have to open it???
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    thank you!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
    My god you work fast!!!!

cheaky request anyidea how to hide the freetether icon? since i don't have to open it???
    if you really don't need freeTether, then just delete it. The freeTetherD linux daemon is all that's needed and that's hidden by nature.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/23/2010 at 08:13 PM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Dude that is SO awesome. Do you know if they are gonna work on getting ALL this to work on FreeTether. So that FreeTether is its standalone free Tethering program, and not have to use Palms?
    Looking at the patch, it looks like the source of this forum thread, not a patch. Or am I misssing something?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    Dude that is SO awesome. Do you know if they are gonna work on getting ALL this to work on FreeTether. So that FreeTether is its standalone free Tethering program, and not have to use Palms?
    You'd need to ask the folks at WebOS-Internals, it's their project. Though it is open source, so other open source developers are certainly welcomed to join in development

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Looking at the patch, it looks like the source of this forum thread, not a patch. Or am I misssing something?
    Not sure what you're lookinf, but it's most definitely a standard unified diff-style patch

patch didnt install for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    You'd need to ask the folks at WebOS-Internals, it's their project. Though it is open source, so other open source developers are certainly welcomed to join in development
    Pshh....I'm that last person that could help. I tried to write my own program, as far as i got was a picture and some text underneath that said, "Hello".
    Last edited by Hernie; 01/23/2010 at 08:52 PM.
    I enabled ip forwarding, tested with an opt sym R reset, and it was disabled...

does this mean patch not working?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Patch looks perfectly normal to me. Thanks Jason.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Try downloading the patch, it doesn't seem to be patch code. Looks like an html dump of this thread.
    Odd, seems to download fine for me. Anyway, here's a download mirror:

http://filebin.ca/bjfzaa/auto-enable...-hotspot.patch

Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    patch didnt install for me
    What was the error? Try the mirror above? Maybe the same issue xenophonite is facing

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I enabled ip forwarding, tested with an opt sym R reset, and it was disabled...

does this mean patch not working?
    no... ip forwarding resets on device reboot.

With this patch, what does happen, is when you're in Mobile Hotspot, and you turn the toggle to "On", the IP forwarding will be auto-enabled so Mobile Hotspot will be able to run without issue. And when you turn Mobile Hotspot off, IP forwarding will be turned off

oh hell yeah, lol coool..

so in essence there is no need fo rfreetether app?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    oh hell yeah, lol coool..

so in essence there is no need fo rfreetether app?
    you'll still need freeTetherD linux daemon, but if you have no other need from the freeTether webOS app, go ahead and delete it

OK, works if i email the patch but for some reason I can't download it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    What was the error? Try the mirror above? Maybe the same issue xenophonite is facing
    I forgot the webos qi error. tried to replicate it but it works now. THANKS
    Just confirming this works with O2 UK 1.3.5.2.

Thank You.
    Thank you it worked perfectly!
    heh, im getting the non-patch, but a readout of forum text as well... from both links.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast