Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    did you unzip the MHS from the link posted here or did you get it from preware?
    I used a MHS file from somewhere in the forums here - but it wasnt a zip. Its prob the wrong one and I cant find another linked - what I used was the mobilie hot spot ipk - 1.0.03.

Sounds like I need the zipped on - but need to know where.

Thanks!
    I am having problems connecting to my PRE. My Pc connects to MHS perfectly but it does not get an IP therefore no internet connectivity. I also have freeTetherD 1.0.3 and Jason's Patch from post 38. Anything that I am missing? Thanks

Update: I get internet connectivity if I do and ipconfig /release & /renew perfectly but it doesnot get an valid Ip upon initial connection.
    Last edited by mojonba; 02/21/2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by mojonba View Post
    I am having problems connecting to my PRE. My Pc connects to MHS perfectly but it does not get an IP therefore no internet connectivity. I also have freeTetherD 1.0.3 and Jason's Patch from post 38. Anything that I am missing? Thanks

Update: I get internet connectivity if I do and ipconfig /release & /renew perfectly but it doesnot get an valid Ip upon initial connection.
    Using WebOS QI 3.01 (if you dont have it get it, its the latest version) un-install freetetherD 0.0.3 and re-install it thats it. Plus if you are using vista you may need to do the following.

1. Open "Network and Sharing Center"

2. On the left click "manage network connections"

3. Right Click on the hot spot connection (whatever it is named)

4. Select "diagnose"

5. After it works a second, select "Reset Network adapter, wireless network connection"

After it does this, wait 20-50 seconds, try to pull a website, usually comes right on. May have to do it twice, but it always works for me. Hope that helps.
    I followed the instructions and installed fretether and fretetherD and MHS and enabled both toggle in freetether before turning on MHS but when i try to connect my laptop finds the connect but I get a pop on my phone from sprint saying sharing is not allowed. What am i doing wong
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    I followed the instructions and installed fretether and fretetherD and MHS and enabled both toggle in freetether before turning on MHS but when i try to connect my laptop finds the connect but I get a pop on my phone from sprint saying sharing is not allowed. What am i doing wong
    make sure bluetooth and wifi on your pre are turned off. Alot of ppl think you need wifi on for this but you don't.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    make sure bluetooth and wifi on your pre are turned off. Alot of ppl think you need wifi on for this but you don't.
    If you don't want the popup, turn bluetooth off. For some reason, the popup is tied to that. MHS will turn wifi off on it's own before starting up. There's actually a status message during the startup process.

So, bluetooth off. And, actually, unless you are actively using it, there's no reason to have bluetooth on in the first place.
    Alright, so I've been having some troubles. I have FreetetherD, the patch, and mobile hotspot installed. I've luna-restarted and whatnot. I can connect to my Pre but I only get a local connection.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 02/22/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    All I can say to you programmers is THANK YOU! Especially you Jason. I know nothing about programming and can barely plug in my computer. I thought this was going to be a 2 day project with a million questions. It took me 10 minutes of reading, 1 min of downloading and another 5 minutes installing and its working flawlessly. (at least for now) 1.2 down and 150 up im not complaining one bit...

This is awesome.. Thanks again.....
    its not working with the 1.4 patch for me..
    wont allow you to turn it on..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
  11.    #171  
    May want to try re-installing freeTetherD after the 1.4 update.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Works after removing freetetherD and then installing
    Last edited by danstah; 02/27/2010 at 11:07 AM.
    doesnt work at all after the 1.4 patch..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Yeah, anyone able to get it running in webos 1.4? I am unable to get it to start but it was working yesterday. Says "Mobile Hotspot Service is not running."
    same here...not running after 1.4
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I deleted freetether and Mobile hotspot, then reinstalled everything back. Still no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMexSol View Post
    I deleted freetether and Mobile hotspot, then reinstalled everything back. Still no luck.
    same here didn't want to lose the mobile hotspot so I doctored back to 1.3.5.1 and it works perfectly again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    May want to try re-installing freeTetherD after the 1.4 update.
    Tried. Failed.

I lost all my apps with the 1.4 update, and took me an hour and a half and 4 phone techs to get them back.
    Just installed freeTetherD, Mobile HotSpot, and the auto-enable... patch.

Not working. Won't switch to "on" in MHS.
    And, am I supposed to be able to see freeTetherD? Or is it a back-end application like, say, Package Manager Service?

webOS Developer
    same here. Cant slide to the "on" position. Hopefully someone can fix this soon!!
    ditto... wont go to "on"
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast