Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    First I installed all three components and it works fine. Unfortunately the 1.3.5.2 Bluetooth tethering didn't work anymore. Now I found out that we from the rest of the world dont need the freetetherd and the ip-forwarding patch. It works with the "mobile hotspot" itself. Found this on the german webos-blog.de [HowTo] Den Palm Pre als W-Lan Hotspot verwenden | webOS Blog
    UPDATE: And I tested it. It really works and bluetooth as well ;-).
    Now if I can only read German I would say, "ahhh..."
    Try this:
    4 comiken205
    Thnx! I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    I installed them 1 at a time. maybe that will help.
    i installed in this order;
    us.ryanhope.....
    com.palm.app...
    auto-enable-ip........

all via QI.
    I installed them in this order. It creates a network I can connect to but the network has not connectivity. Did I install something wrong?
    Allow me to answer my own question. Did some more diggin and found this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2177969

Spader's instructions worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Right click on your Network Connection Icon > Click on "Network and Sharing Center > On the Pre's network click on "View Status" > In the Activity section click on "Diagnose" > Choose the option to reset your Network Adapter."
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMexSol View Post
    The patch works great! I've been waiting for a good tethering plan that wouldn't break anything and here it is!! I just tested the connection and dl speed was 500mb. I'm happy happy happy!!

wow... that's a little faster than I thought it would be
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Ok - I did all of the steps in order, one .ipk at a time, and everything installed flawlessly. I fired up the Mobile Hotspot app, configured the hotspot, and turned it on. I then fired up my laptop and connected to my hotspot with no issues.

...Then, a notification came up at the bottom of my screen that said "Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help."

I thought this may be due to my phone trying to do data through my Airave, so I shut off the Airave, put my phone in the window (so that it at least got 1x data), and tapped "OK" on the notification. Google came up on my laptop - slowly, but surely.

Have I been caught? Was this notification truly due to the Airave? Is this notification expected and I should just ignore it? Are the feds on their way to my house right now?
    worked for me to. on mhs on my mac now. thanks.
    My Brother Told be About MyTether, So I came here and found Out about This,and its free and better. He go be mad. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Ok - I did all of the steps in order, one .ipk at a time, and everything installed flawlessly. I fired up the Mobile Hotspot app, configured the hotspot, and turned it on. I then fired up my laptop and connected to my hotspot with no issues.

...Then, a notification came up at the bottom of my screen that said "Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help."

I thought this may be due to my phone trying to do data through my Airave, so I shut off the Airave, put my phone in the window (so that it at least got 1x data), and tapped "OK" on the notification. Google came up on my laptop - slowly, but surely.

Have I been caught? Was this notification truly due to the Airave? Is this notification expected and I should just ignore it? Are the feds on their way to my house right now?
    Hm, good question!

I don't know, but I'd like to know the answer to that, too. I ran into that same error/caution message earlier tonight on my second time connecting to MHS (but before ever actually pulling any data through it to my laptop).

I know I've heard others reporting this dialog box, but I don't remember anyone having isolated it to any causes.

This is a replacement Pre, and I've never put MyTether on it. I *have* had about 34 patches on it, but this afternoon, I removed all the patches except for this Auto-Enabling IP Forwarding in Mobile HotSpot patch via EPR to get to a clean slate for the AUPT upgrade of Preware...And then soon thereafter, I'd re-installed 25 of them (for 26 total including this auto-enabling patch).

So, the first time I'd connected my laptop to MHS, I'd connected to it, then almost immediately disconnected (without pulling any data through MHS to the laptop). That was this past Monday, while the 34 patches were in place. No warning dialog box. Tonight (Wednesday), after the patch switcheroo, with the 26 patches, connected to MHS, bam! there's the dialog box, but before I'd even opened a browser window on the laptop.

Out of curiosity, I tried browsing anyway, and it worked. I did it for about 10 minutes, then disconnected.

My laptop is a Windows XP machine.

I reported this experience in the How To Install Mobile HotSpot on Sprint PRE thread here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2183867
    My post said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hm, so on Monday, I installed freetetherd, MHS, and the auto-enable forwarding patch. I immediately tried connecting to it via my laptop, and, according to the laptop, I connected (I don't remember whether MHS acknowledged it or not...probably did). But I didn't try to pull any data through it (i.e., no browsing).

I finally tonight (Wednesday) did connect my laptop to it, and, but this time, as soon as I got the notification on MHS that my laptop had connected, I also got the no tethering on your account message. That was before I tried any browsing. Strange...

...but then I went back to my laptop and fired up a browser (Chrome), and called up Google's search page, Precentral.net, a Precentral article, and m.precentral.net, and clicked in that last to the forums and thence to a new tab with this very thread in it. I'm typing this in via a tethered connection now...

...wonder how that tethering warning got triggered in my MHS. Any ideas? I'll probably wind up cross-posting this question into the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding thread...

In the meantime, hooray for tethering via MHS, at least this once!
    I got the impression from reading above (I think... or maybe it was the How To...thread) that, maybe, just maybe, using freeTether to turn the IP forwarding on and off avoids the dialog box, but there didn't seem to be any explicit statement that it does.

None of the other 25 patches I've installed seem obviously to have anything to do with any tethering...except *possibly* the Unthrottle Download Manager patch...maybe the initial connection of a device to MHS triggers the transmission of some huge burst of data from somewhere to somewhere that then trips that dialog box?

...I'm just shootin' blind here...'Course, I'd had the pre-AUPT version of that Unthrottle Download Manager patch installed when I connected my laptop to MHS on Monday, too, so that may not be a real "difference" between Monday's and today's connection.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Answer found in this very thread. Reported below in two posts (Post #117).
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/28/2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added reference to the found answer below (post 117)
    I have sprint/patches/palm pre... using the Mobile Hotspot + freetetherD + IP forwarding Patch and am not receiving the dialog box that you all are mentioning.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hm, good question!

I don't know, but I'd like to know the answer to that, too. I ran into that same error/caution message earlier tonight on my second time connecting to MHS (but before ever actually pulling any data through it to my laptop).

I know I've heard others reporting this dialog box, but I don't remember anyone having isolated it to any causes.

Any ideas?
    So a search of this very thread (using "Sprint" as the search term) turns up the answer in post #58 (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2174553 ):
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    You may get the "sprint doesn't allow..." error popup when using MHS if you have your bluetooth enabled. I had mine on got the error turned off bluetooth turned on MHS no error.
    I turned off the Bluetooth radio, and voila, no Sprint dialog box on connection of the laptop. I'm typing this from my tethered laptop, Bluetooth off and Sprint-dialog-box-free.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I can confirm this is working also.

What I did:
    1.) I already had freetether and freetetherD installed previously, so I just left them both there.
    2.) I installed the mobile hotspot 1.03 via WebOSQuickInstall v. 2.96
    3.) I installed Jason's magic patch from earlier in this thread.
    4.) Restarted Luna.
    5.) Verified that Bluetooth was OFF, WiFi was ON, Had good signal with 3G.
    6.) Launched the Moblie Hotspot App from launcher. Set my network name and password. Toggled the switch to On.
    7.) Mobile Hotspot notified me that it would turn WiFi off, and would attempt to reconnect it when I switched Moblie Hotspot back off. I pressed OK.
    8.) Connected to my network with my iPod Touch. Opened up Google. It stalled for a minute. I refreshed a couple of times -- I did notice the "Ev" icon disappear and then re-appear. Finally, the site came through. I also loaded yahoo and wikipedia. They loaded as expected.

Great work, guys!!! And muchos gracias to Jason!
    im not sure if im doing something wrong but i cant get it on my phone anyone can help??
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhottie View Post
    im not sure if im doing something wrong but i cant get it on my phone anyone can help??
    what have you tried?
    Ive download the three links and i have my Mobile Hotspot icon already. When I swipe to turn on the Hotspot it just says " Turning on Mobile HotSpot" at the bottom of the screen.. it stays like that until i swipe away the app. Ive alreay restarted, reinstalled the patches, mnually switched off wifi and bluetooth. Same results. Any Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Anyone had success with this on Verizon?
    Just for those that try like I did, this patch seems to conflict with using MyTether. There has been a new version of MyTether released that does Wifi without the need of a camera breaking patch now, but it won't work with this patch installed.
    Is there a step by step list of instructions for complete idiots? I have preware and use several patches but aside from that I have a tough time understanding what seem to be basic instructions to most of you. I'd love to try mobile hot spot with my Sprint Pre.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast