Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    no, you install only the freetetherd (demon). It has no GUI. That is OK and works for me.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    What is a daemon
    a daemon is a computer program that runs in the background, rather than under the direct control of a user
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    Installed the proper files, turned on the Hot Spot, connected with my Macbook, verified I have an IP address, but not internet. Anyone else having this problem?
    I had this problem. I went into network preferences on my macbook, turned off Airport, waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Then I reconnected it to my webOS hotspot and it worked!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Does anyone have the link to download Mobile HotSpot It was taken down of the website from yesterday.
    can someone point out where i can find the freetether app in preware...thanks
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith1983 View Post
    Does anyone have the link to download Mobile HotSpot It was taken down of the website from yesterday.
    i rar'd up all 3 files required to make it work.

http://s4mb4.homeip.net:8081/MHS.rar
    Nube here LoL Can any one do me a Huge Favor and post a step by step? Thank you all keep up the good work. I love my pre More and More EVERY DAY!
    Just download the .patch file and install it using WebOS Quick Install. Works great!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Are you talking about Jason ip forwarding patch, because I have that installed already, sorry I didn't mention earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by vman77 View Post
    Are you talking about Jason ip forwarding patch, because I have that installed already, sorry I didn't mention earlier.
    Sorry, I was posting the "step-by-step tutorial" requested in the post right before yours.
    Witch one is the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    Witch one is the patch?
    The file attached to post #38.
  13.    #93  
    just a heads-up, this is a patch release thread. If you're going to discuss how to use Mobile Horpot, it's best to create a separate thread
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i rar'd up all 3 files required to make it work.

http://s4mb4.homeip.net:8081/MHS.rar
    n00b here,

Do I install the rar files via quick install or do I drag and drop them into my Pre via USB mode?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    n00b here,

Do I install the rar files via quick install or do I drag and drop them into my Pre via USB mode?
    quick install
    I just installed all the patches and it is working but the problem is its going extremely slow. Ive got a great evdo signal and when i use the internet on my pre its great but on my ipod touch its so slow. speed test for the ipod clocked it at .01 mbps with a ping of 1429 ms. what could be causing this?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i had a clean install of 1.3.5.1, entered dev mode and via quick install installed the 3 files in order. my results are pretty decent. 178 kbps down and 126 kbps up.
    What do I do I tried installing it Via QI and I got an error but after I pressed "OK" it said that it installed but I don't see anything am I supposed to do something after I install it? if not what can cause the Error and what am I supposed to look for?
    What do I do I tried installing it Via QI and I got an error but after I pressed "OK" it said that it installed but I don't see anything am I supposed to do something after I install it? if not what can cause the Error and what am I supposed to look for?
    This has been covered over and over and over again. Update your QI, update all the feeds and try installing freetetherd again. Otherwise, just install it using preware instead.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I installed them 1 at a time. maybe that will help.
    i installed in this order;
    us.ryanhope.....
    com.palm.app...
    auto-enable-ip........

all via QI.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast