Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    quick question for you guys.

This MHS does it also allow bluetooth and USB like mytether?
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    Installed the proper files, turned on the Hot Spot, connected with my Macbook, verified I have an IP address, but not internet. Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes, and it was answered over and over and over in a zillion places in multiple threads.

You need to reinstall freetetherd again using preware or an updated webOS quickinstaller
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    quick question for you guys.

This MHS does it also allow bluetooth and USB like mytether?
    no, but freetether does, i believe
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you Jason.

Does it also allow the Pre to use the data while sharing it as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    no, but freetether does, i believe
    Ironically, the question has been asked multiple times, and it does look like it supports it, but I don't think I have found a single post verifying that it actually works

Personally, I have no interest in USB/BT tether, because I would never use it (plus it is harder to do in Linux, and I don't want to have to have a cable available).
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Thank you Jason.
    Does it also allow the Pre to use the data while sharing it as well?
    Yes. The Pre, itself, is on the "shared" network, even while tethering (regardless of method)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I follwed the directions perfectly, but when I try to connect my ps3, my pre radio keeps resetting, and on my ps3 it says, ip address timed out..... ??????????????
    Thank you crxssi

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Ironically, the question has been asked multiple times, and it does look like it supports it, but I don't think I have found a single post verifying that it actually works

Personally, I have no interest in USB/BT tether, because I would never use it (plus it is harder to do in Linux, and I don't want to have to have a cable available).

I would also agree, but being that it drains the battery fairly quickly and then you need to plug your phone into something, then usb becomes an easy alternative. (well if youve set everything up. lol)
    alright it installed perfectly now
    so jason with this patch....we dont need freetether but we need freetetherd?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so jason with this patch....we dont need freetether but we need freetetherd?
    That is correct... Read Jason's first post
    And just to be sure - the ipk files are good to remain on the PRE when the next OS update needs to be installed but the patch (is it a patch to the OS or to the app) will need to be removed?

ALSO --- THANKS for the code - really GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, and it was answered over and over and over in a zillion places in multiple threads.

You need to reinstall freetetherd again using preware or an updated webOS quickinstaller
    I've used the LATEST Quickinstaller. I've used the latest patches. I've got the latest (IPK release, not Verizons version) Hotspot. Used QI to put it all on.

PC (win7) sees Pre. Pre sees (through hotspot) and NO INTERNET.

So, I'm gonna check the zillion places again and see if I can figure it out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by srhummer View Post
    And just to be sure - the ipk files are good to remain on the PRE when the next OS update needs to be installed but the patch (is it a patch to the OS or to the app) will need to be removed?
    It is just a patch to one of the files in the application, not the OS. So it will not have to be removed before updating the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I've used the LATEST Quickinstaller. I've used the latest patches. I've got the latest (IPK release, not Verizons version) Hotspot. Used QI to put it all on.

PC (win7) sees Pre. Pre sees (through hotspot) and NO INTERNET.

So, I'm gonna check the zillion places again and see if I can figure it out again.
    If you have no IP address showing in freetether in WAN INFORMATION, then freetetherd is not installed properly. Reinstall using *Preware* to be sure. If that still doesn't work, you will have to reload the whole phone (Dr.)
    I have a possibly stupid question. Someone please clarify for me, If i already have mytether donor version, will this be of any use to me? Does this remove the need to apply the tethering patch each time before tethering? any downsides to having this rather than MyTether.
    Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    jw before I use this
    will this end up costing any extra money on my bill or doing this makes it free?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    jw before I use this
    will this end up costing any extra money on my bill or doing this makes it free?
    As long as you stay under 5 GB a month data, you wont be charged. If you do go over 5 GB, Sprint will usually warn you one month, then cancel your account if you fail to heed the warning (or maybe charge but I dunno if that has ever happened?)

I dunno if there is a strict guideline on what kind of data usage will get you the warning, but to play it safe don't abuse the tethering. I know some people have bragged about using 20+ gb per month but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get their account canceled, or Sprint may go all out to stop any tethering if too many people use up alot of data (most likely scenario since way too many people abuse things without considering future consequences ;p).
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    I have a possibly stupid question. Someone please clarify for me, If i already have mytether donor version, will this be of any use to me? Does this remove the need to apply the tethering patch each time before tethering? any downsides to having this rather than MyTether.
    Thanks in advance.
    http://www.precentral.net/verizon-mo...vices#comments
    If you have no IP address showing in freetether in WAN INFORMATION, then freetetherd is not installed properly. Reinstall using *Preware* to be sure. If that still doesn't work, you will have to reload the whole phone (Dr.)
    I was under the impression that the patch prevented us from needing just the tether?

I believe I screwed my phone and need to see doc. I accidentally installed the patch before daemon(tether) and I couldn't get rid of it. Eventually, I got quickinstall to remove the patch (with errors of course)... But unable to reinstall it again.. iim going to doc it up and just start from scratch...
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast