Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 294
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    heh, im getting the non-patch, but a readout of forum text as well... from both links.
    Are you guys trying to download this patch via wget or curl or something? If I download it with my browser, it's fine. But if I use wget, my download ends up being the source of this page plus a message telling me to log in.
    l.m.orchard
    {web,mad,computer} scientist
    http://decafbad.com/
  2. YeOj#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #22  
    The patch isn't working for me... It works fine if I use free tether to enable IP forwarding, but if i reboot and try to use mobile hotspot with the patch installed it doesn't work. My laptop gets local access only, it won't hit the internet. Doesn't seem to be getting an ip address. Any ideas? I installed the patch using the latest version of quick install.
  3. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #23  
    I think the main thread of the app is gone. =\
  4. Nine O Nine's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #24  
    works for me, sometimes it wont get an IP but if I refresh and wait about 30 seconds it loads
  5. TexMexSol's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #25  
    Very cool!! Thanks for getting this up so quickly!
  6. #26  
    the main thread for the app. and everything that was said earlier today is gone. Also it's labeled for the Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus in preware Mobile Hotspot
  7. #27  
    i installed the App in preware, and installed freetether and got a pop up message from Sprint basically saying you don't have the plan for this please contact your service provider.

    EDIT:!!!! now in preware it says this app is not available for your carrier..... 15 min ago it let me download and install it


    i honestly think Sprint is getting smarter with this .... glad i still have Mytether

    EDIT2: even the link for Mobile Hotspot on the front page of precentral doesn't work anymore
    Last edited by honda07si; 01/24/2010 at 01:52 AM.
  8. woody88's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i installed the App in preware, and installed freetether and got a pop up message from Sprint basically saying you don't have the plan for this please contact your service provider.

    EDIT:!!!! now in preware it says this app is not available for your carrier..... 15 min ago it let me download and install it


    i honestly think Sprint is getting smarter with this .... glad i still have Mytether
    all along, you don't really have a lot of positive things to say in the many pages of the original thread. So yes, on behalf of many of us, I would like to say that we are all still glad that you have mytether, and are happy with it.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    all along, you don't really have a lot of positive things to say in the many pages of the original thread. So yes, on behalf of many of us, I would like to say that we are all still glad that you have mytether, and are happy with it.
    well sorry for being optimistic about a official App. for the Palm Pre Plus on verizon when in use on Sprint thinking Sprint will catch on and stop it from happening.

    I also tried to install everything when i got home from work like is said.... just doesn't work no harm done
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i installed the App in preware, and installed freetether and got a pop up message from Sprint basically saying you don't have the plan for this please contact your service provider.

    EDIT:!!!! now in preware it says this app is not available for your carrier..... 15 min ago it let me download and install it


    i honestly think Sprint is getting smarter with this .... glad i still have Mytether

    EDIT2: even the link for Mobile Hotspot on the front page of precentral doesn't work anymore
    I already had freetether installed and installed Hotspot today....it is no longer working for me either yet I received no popup message from sprint....

    My laptop could connect to my Pre yet no web pages would load.....Im guessin Sprint axed it as well
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by roger69504 View Post
    I already had freetether installed and installed Hotspot today....it is no longer working for me either yet I received no popup message from sprint....

    My laptop could connect to my Pre yet no web pages would load.....Im guessin Sprint axed it as well
    who knows anymore i give up on Mobile Hotspot i just dont like the idea of using a official tethering App. for tethering on Sprints network .... just seem like it'd be easier for sprint to track you down and say you've been tethering blah blah blah
  12. #32  
    good point
  13. #33  
    First Two Posts

    EDIT: Apparently, the "Link is Broken"...

    Jason Robitaille also has a thread on this @here

    More or less:


    I followed this order & it worked perfectly =]

    EDIT: New IPK link.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 01/24/2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Correcting Link
  14. #34  
    OMG, the entire original thread went "poof"!
    I tested MHS at 9am and it is still working, though.
    Last edited by crxssi; 01/24/2010 at 08:08 AM.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  15. #35  
    That is weird I notice the whole thread gone as well. I notice a 1.06 mobile hot spot up but I guess we won't be getting that one.
  16. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That is weird I notice the whole thread gone as well. I notice a 1.06 mobile hot spot up but I guess we won't be getting that one.
    That is the Verizon version only. When it was in the App Catalog via Preware feeds, I tried to install it. But it resetted my phone and the app went poof. Just like the original thread. I wonder what happened and if we'll ever get an explanation.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    That is the Verizon version only. When it was in the App Catalog via Preware feeds, I tried to install it. But it resetted my phone and the app went poof. Just like the original thread. I wonder what happened and if we'll ever get an explanation.
    Thanks for that info. They must have noticed it being used on the wrong device and somehow modified the code to be Verizon phone only. Which leads to the next issue... it is quite possible they will release the next version of WebOS for Sprint with something that will mung the older hotspot code. Since they have updated the new one to be locked to Verizon phones, the project will quickly end.

    And, as I pointed out in the original thread that is now gone, there is nothing to prevent Palm from adding code to the OS tethering service that hotspot uses, to "phone home", giving them instant feedback that someone is tethering.... no more guessing, no more packet analysis.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NineONine View Post
    works for me, sometimes it wont get an IP but if I refresh and wait about 30 seconds it loads
    k



    Here's an updated patch that should handle a LOT better and avoid the some issues a few people were reporting. Highly recommend people use this version over the earlier patch


    And for the record, I'm using the Sprint App Catalog and I'm not seeing any available update for Mobile Hotspot 1.0.3.

    It's possible that it was a Preware issue, with Preware showing the 1.0.6 update even theough it's not available for your device.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/24/2010 at 09:16 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #39  
    Worked for me right out of the box. Installed the freetether ipk, the mobile hotspot ipk, then the hotspot patch in that order. No problems.
  20. #40  
    thanks for this patch, works great!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions