Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    This is the best invention since sliced bread. hahaha
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Has this patch and thread been abandoned by Jason?
    Possibly since the patch works.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Also, since there is a MHS 1.0.14 with auto-enable IP fwd patch built in. This patch is pretty much obsolete.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Also, since there is a MHS 1.0.14 with auto-enable IP fwd patch built in. This patch is pretty much obsolete.
    Thanks saves me from wasting my time trying to figure out the problems I was having with installing/updating this patch.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Thank you! This is what got me on the net.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    MHS has been updated to ver 1.1.4 .
    The older version of the patch no longer works with MHS 1.1.4
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    MHS has been updated to ver 1.1.4 .
    The older version of the patch no longer works with MHS 1.1.4
    Yup, but enabling ip forwarding manually, then launching MHS works great with 1.1.4. I use Freetether to accomplish that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Hm, do you mean MHS v1.1.4? I did just update to that at the end of last week on my Sprint Pre...

Might the fact that I'd had the auto-IP-forwarding patch installed prior to and during the update mess anything up with regard to the updated and now installed v1.1.4?

I tried connecting via MHS v1.1.4 over the weekend, and was unable to pull down any data to my laptop. MHS did show the laptop as connected...

Is MHS v1.1.4 supposed to have auto-enable-IP-forwarding built-in? Should I see any reference to IP forwarding in the app itself (I searched in its preferences and didn't find anything)?

What should I look at next to get MHS v1.1.4 work with my Pre (on webOS v1.4.5, of course) in the seamless manner it was working before (i.e., IP forwarding auto-enabled when appropriate with MHS running and turned off, then disabled when no longer necessary?

Maybe remove the auto-enable-IP-forwarding patch? or remove the freetether daemon?

This comment above seems like it's related:
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    Yup, but enabling ip forwarding manually, then launching MHS works great with 1.1.4. I use Freetether to accomplish that.
    Not sure if this helps Shadow, but I double-checked and it appeared that I somehow had 3 loadings of the new patch loaded. I was checking because the newly updated MHS and new patch were not passing data. So, using OSQI, I uninstalled all 3 loadings and then the phone rebooted. Just for kicks I went ahead and connected to the phone via BT when it came back up, turned on the MHS and lo' and behold, the darn thing is working like a gem! Funny thing is, the MHS screen is BLANK!
    Last edited by crosbo; 10/18/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: mispelling
    will this patch work on Pre3?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    im getting an error message when im trying to install the pathch something like 1 out of e hunks failed i have no idea what that means
    Hi.
    I'm using Palm Pixi Plus. I stay in India and my carrier is Vodafone IN. When I contacted HP Support, they told mobile hotspot is not available in the app catalog. But my carrier supports it. Can anyone help in getting the hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manubn View Post
    Hi.
    I'm using Palm Pixi Plus. I stay in India and my carrier is Vodafone IN. When I contacted HP Support, they told mobile hotspot is not available in the app catalog. But my carrier supports it. Can anyone help in getting the hotspot?
    Just use 'FreeTether'. You can install it via 'Preware' or 'WOSQI'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415