Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Thank you Jason for all your work! It seems almost daily I'm installing either one of your patches, apps or services on my phone. You rock!
    This is the bomb!! thanks!
    Folks, when I try to download the hotspot patch the message that I get is:
    "Unable to Open File"
    This file format is not supported...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldss View Post
    Installed the proper files, turned on the Hot Spot, connected with my Macbook, verified I have an IP address, but not internet. Anyone else having this problem?
    i have the same problem but with my windows7. installed two first ipk than patch. connect to my tel thou pc is ok, but it shows in pc connection manager that there is no internet connection and funny thing same time going to browser on my pre i get same message "no internet connection" but after while (2min) browser on my pre is ok. :????
    anyway REALLY THANKS FOR THIS APP!!! i was waiting for this long time. my tether does not work on my pre, also it does not like to connect to my O2 router (i think Thompson) i am bit frustrated with wifi on pre be coz that...
    its probably hardware coz they would fix this long time ago in updates! and there is many ppl complaining about this issue.
    oooo nice sorry looks like it takes bit more time to run...
    try to live this on for 5-10 min :P thanks a lot =
    where i can donate some money for ur effort my hero??? - this app is f.... amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by 8454832 View Post
    Folks, when I try to download the hotspot patch the message that I get is:
    "Unable to Open File"
    This file format is not supported...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    do it over WebOSQuickInstall from ur pc !!! it should work. i mean all of them
    every time i try to down load the hot shot app i keep getting a error msg return value 22 ipkg: (1).ipk: No such file or directory what am i doing wrong?!?!?!?!?!
    I just successfully downloaded the app and it works great if any one has any questions ill do my best to help wish i had help aside from these forums never get a response...but thank you jason for all of ur hard work make things easier for people like me thanks a million:D
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    sweet thanks
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Do you have to install the items in a particular order for them to work?
    Kaneadsha
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    use WebOS quick install to install the items you will get that message because they are files not familiar to your PC, they are for your phone not PC. This is how I downloaded them to my phone thru the WebOS quick install you should already have that downloaded to your PC if you are a Homebrew user.
    Kaneadsha
    This is not working for me, can anyone help?
    i'm hoping this thread is still looked at. I am also have the same problem. I downloaded and installed the pathes just as described. first the tether path, then the mobile hotspot then the ip forwarding. however I still can not get connectivity to the internet. I've tried restarting phone and doing a repair to reset IP but still no luck.

can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks72 View Post
    i'm hoping this thread is still looked at. I am also have the same problem. I downloaded and installed the pathes just as described. first the tether path, then the mobile hotspot then the ip forwarding. however I still can not get connectivity to the internet. I've tried restarting phone and doing a repair to reset IP but still no luck.

can anyone help?
    I had the problem at first as well. Then I un-installed all 3 items, reinstalled the 2 ipk's, did a reset. Then I went to the App Catalog as according to the instructions. The update option didn't pop up at first but it did shortly after. The upgrade was from version 1.0.3 to 1.0.14. Then I installed the patch, did a full reset and voila. Now it works.
    IP Forwarding!!

I installed mobile hotspot patched 1.0.14 along with the freetetherD hack. With Bell Mobility they have private IP to all phones and the IP address is constant on my palm pre. Whenever i use MHS the IP address is different when accessed through my computer. I believe this way i'm limited to the 500 meg option i have on my device for tethering and not the unlimited data that i have on my plan.

I installed the forward IP patch however i don't think it's doing what i think it should be doing
    I currently have version 1.4.2-1 installed and for the last few days, Preware now shows an update to version 1.4.2-2 is now available for this patch under Package Updates. The problem is when I try to update, it seemingly starts and then just gets stuck at "Downloading/Updating". After waiting a while for it to update I have to end up closing preware.
    Any ideas what the problem might be?

PS: I have had no issues updating the other few 'Package Updates' that have been avaialble over the past few days.
    Jason, you're awesome! Keep up the good work! Your patches for webOS are nothing short of amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I currently have version 1.4.2-1 installed and for the last few days, Preware now shows an update to version 1.4.2-2 is now available for this patch under Package Updates. The problem is when I try to update, it seemingly starts and then just gets stuck at "Downloading/Updating". After waiting a while for it to update I have to end up closing preware.
    Any ideas what the problem might be?

PS: I have had no issues updating the other few 'Package Updates' that have been avaialble over the past few days.
    Further to this, I decided to uninstall this and then install the new version directly incase the problem was with updating this. But even after uninstalling when I tried to install the new version, it would still get stuck at the same place.

Now after a couple of days again when I thought of retrying to install this, it is now no longer showing up in 'Preware'. What's going on with this? Would appreciate it if someone could provide some information.
    I have mobile hotspot installed on Sprint 1.4.5

It works but I get the Sprint Auth Error. Your service does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help.

Should it still show that message?
    Seems like it does not say it all the time either.

Thanks

Michael
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so i had this installed on my old pre worked great. Tried using it this weekend on my new one and it would connect hten drop right away?? Any ideas on what's wrong????
    Has this thread been abondoned? Also, the page number '15' link in this thread is also not working, ti just redirects back to page '14'.