Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Tried. Failed.

I lost all my apps with the 1.4 update, and took me an hour and a half and 4 phone techs to get them back.
    Just installed freeTetherD, Mobile HotSpot, and the auto-enable... patch.

Not working. Won't switch to "on" in MHS.
    And, am I supposed to be able to see freeTetherD? Or is it a back-end application like, say, Package Manager Service?
    freeTetherD is a back-end service. You won't see it in your launcher.

We need a coder to really get into the MHS app and see how it works. And to also look at the 1.4 update and see what it did to MHS. Like what file impacted it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Any word on MHS being fix... I believe there is something in 1.4 preventing the toggle from working. I was digging thru last night but couldn't find anything so far. Will keep on digging.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I loved it when MHS worked! Hopefully the gifted people on here can get it running again!!!!

waiting patiently!!!!
    I don't know if this will be of any help but I opened the webOSDoctor for Verizon users and pulled out the hotspot ipk. I'm not at home right now otherwise I would test it. Does someone want to just remove the hotspot and install the new one and see if it works?

The new version of mobile hot spot doesn't appear to work. I will leave the link up for a little while if people want to play with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PhantomPhreak53; 03/01/2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: people testing... not working :(
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I don't know if this will be of any help but I opened the webOSDoctor for Verizon users and pulled out the hotspot ipk. I'm not at home right now otherwise I would test it. Does someone want to just remove the hotspot and install the new one and see if it works?
    It does appear that it is a new version of the mobile hotspot. Does anyone know, can you install .patch files from Filecoaster?
    Play Cricket Wars, Dungeon Quest, m:Mafia, m:Racing, m:Vampire or m:Zombies? Share your codes at MMORPG ID Exchange
    Never mind Filecoaster doesn't seem to be working anyways on 1.4
    Didn't work over here.

webOS Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    Didn't work over here.
    Bummer. I thought it would be worth a try. Someone who actually knows how to code will have run with it.
    It does appear that it is a new version of the mobile hotspot. Does anyone know, can you install .patch files from Filecoaster?

I don't see why this wouldn't work... you can install both via WOSQI, I'll give it a shot late tonight.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I am installing it now.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    I am installing it now.
    Installed via WOSQI. The install completed but the application doesn't show up on the launcher. Any suggestions?

K
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I don't see why this wouldn't work... you can install both via WOSQI, I'll give it a shot late tonight.
    I thought it may work because it was a new version of the mobile hotspot app. Something changed in 1.4 that broke it for Sprint users so it should have for Verizon users as well. So in theory if they got a new version that fixes it for 1.4 then it should work for Sprint as well but I guess not.

It was just a shot in the dark. I was hoping it would be an easy fix.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The problem is not with MHS, the files from 1.0.3 should still work. But webOS 1.4 broke this and the only way to get this back up is to remove the code preventing the service from running. If we start digging thru we sure will find it. It's just a matter of time.
    Crap, just when I thought I was so smart, lol, 1.4 screws up my day.. I would rather have the mobile hot spot functions than the updates that 1.4 provides. so, for now I want to go back to 1.3.5.1 can someone point me to the right direction on how to doctor it and make it so the pre wont accept new updates? For some reason I havent been able to find what I need, but my day has been hell. thanks guys for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by newuser1 View Post
    Crap, just when I thought I was so smart, lol, 1.4 screws up my day.. I would rather have the mobile hot spot functions than the updates that 1.4 provides. so, for now I want to go back to 1.3.5.1 can someone point me to the right direction on how to doctor it and make it so the pre wont accept new updates? For some reason I havent been able to find what I need, but my day has been hell. thanks guys for the help
    You need to get the webOSDoctor for what ever version you want to go back to.
    You need to get the webOSDoctor for what ever version you want to go back to.
    where exactly can someone get the older version of Doctor? I didn't keep the old files. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    where exactly can someone get the older version of Doctor? I didn't keep the old files. Thanks
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Oh sorry. You beat me to the punch. LOL
    One more question. What command do put in the inux command line to stop sprint from auto updating my phone? thanks again guys..