Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Trying to open WebOs internal Pre feed and get "error reading package list" I can open every other feed and patches/apps, anyone know how to fix this?

All the other feeds open, where do I find your patch?

Not sure, whats up but if cant figure out, will unistall webOSQI and reinstall and hopefully this will be in preware soon...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Trying to open WebOs internal Pre feed and get "error reading package list" I can open every other feed and patches/apps, anyone know how to fix this?

All the other feeds open, where do I find your patch?
    Currently my patch is only available from the forum post. I have submitted it to be added to preware but it hasn't been approved yet. As far as the feeds updating on your phone, I'm not sure whats going on. I've had issues with feeds not updating correctly, and I usually restart preware. If that doesn't fix it I wait a while, assuming its an issue on the server side where the phone fetches the lists from.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    thanks, got it.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Nice job on the patch; I wish I could add this to the program as a feature... for anyone that has questions about the app, I don't really keep up with this thread, only the BU one, so let me know there if you are having problems. About the assassin's creed thing.. is that only happening for people that have the patch installed? I haven't tried any of the new 3d games in the app store, so I haven't seen any issues.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    About the assassin's creed thing.. is that only happening for people that have the patch installed?
    yes, I uninstalled the patch and the notification does not come up when playing. So even tho the patch only makes changes to call BU at startup, webos must be doing something to keep calling it up
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Nice job on the patch; I wish I could add this to the program as a feature...
    Why are you unable to integrate the patch into BU via a toggle maybe? That would be totally AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Why are you unable to integrate the patch into BU via a toggle maybe? That would be totally AWESOME!
    The patch edits what is basically a WebOS system file. There isn't any good way to access the file from within an app, which is why a patch is required.
    Darn!
    Heard back from the preware folks yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    yes, I uninstalled the patch and the notification does not come up when playing. So even tho the patch only makes changes to call BU at startup, webos must be doing something to keep calling it up
    yep i agree. that's the only reason i uninstalled the patch coz of the notifications. sometimes i change the brightness in bright areas, but as the application rerun, it changes my brightness again which is also annoying.

chris
    I seem to be the only one where the patch does not work. It installed fine via preware, but BU is not started after reboot or reset, my keyboard stays dark (i set it to 100% in BU). Starting BU manually works fine as expected. The patch installed without error messages and shows up in the "installed patches" section of Preware. Running a german GSM Pre with _english_ language. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Stefan
    Installed the patch via Preware last night and it's working great. Thanx for this!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    I seem to be the only one where the patch does not work. It installed fine via preware, but BU is not started after reboot or reset, my keyboard stays dark (i set it to 100% in BU). Starting BU manually works fine as expected. The patch installed without error messages and shows up in the "installed patches" section of Preware. Running a german GSM Pre with _english_ language. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Stefan
    Which version of webos are you on, and do you have terminal access to your phone?
    Last edited by xenoph0be; 02/08/2010 at 05:34 PM.
  14.    #34  
    For those who do not read through the entire (2 page) tread... This patch is now available through the Preware feed.

You will find it under the "Misc" patches called Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot.
    one thing i have realized when using my pre (i do have persistent installed) some ppl including me have seen the notification of brightness unlinked running randomly when playing a game...for me i c it randomly when viewing an email or texting or even on a browser....problem is....when i c it...out of no where my phone is slow as hell and i get the card error....the only way to go back to normal is open jstop and do the garbage clean up thing (if u have it) or reboot...problem is...if u do the gargabe cleanup...in a couple more minutes same thing happens and ive done the gargabe thing maybe 4 or 5 times in a span of 30 minutes...then out of no where...i c my pre rebooting by itself...weird huh
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    Which version of webos are you on, and do you have terminal access to your phone?
    Hi!

Upon testing again today, i realized that it works indeed, but the keyboard will not light up upon boot when it is already opened. I have to close the slider and open it again to lighten it up. So BU is running indeed, but i expected to see its effect immediately after the reboot, with the keyboard being open. In normal usage, the slider is closed, and the keyboard will lighten up when opened, so everything is perfect.

We are running 1.3.5.2 over here in Europe, and just in case there would be some other problems, i have full access to my phone...

Sorry for my erronous first posting.

Greetings,
    Stefan
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    one thing i have realized when using my pre (i do have persistent installed) some ppl including me have seen the notification of brightness unlinked running randomly when playing a game...for me i c it randomly when viewing an email or texting or even on a browser....problem is....when i c it...out of no where my phone is slow as hell and i get the card error....the only way to go back to normal is open jstop and do the garbage clean up thing (if u have it) or reboot...problem is...if u do the gargabe cleanup...in a couple more minutes same thing happens and ive done the gargabe thing maybe 4 or 5 times in a span of 30 minutes...then out of no where...i c my pre rebooting by itself...weird huh
    I am experiencing the same things!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I am experiencing the same things!
    at least im not alone...hopefully the maintainer can c wuts happening...if theres some kind of memory leak causing this or wut
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

aargrl, constant reboot after installing this patch on 1.3.5.2 German Pre.
    Even after battery remove: it boots, PALM logo pumps then it enters my startscreen, but the launcher only shows the launchpad logo in the middle and after aome seconds it tries to start luna again(PALM logo pumping)

While connected to USB it's nearly the same, but instead of showing startsscreen for seconds it shows USB-option for 2 seconds, then reboots again.

how can i uninstall it without beeing able to boot completly???
    I love the idea of this patch, but eventually it consumes so many resources I have to restart Luna. I removed it because I became frustrated with not being able to open additional cards. BU should have the option of starting up on boot through a cron job or init.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast