Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I use Winscp
    I'm in the directory. How do I find the file? I am using novacom but I dont know the "dir" command
    Winscp is like french to me, lol, dont understand how to use it...cant delete it thru internalz, any other ideas or easier ways?
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services
    Actually, more than just that. Files MyTether's Service installs:
    /etc/event.d/net.aonic.tether
    /usr/lib/luna/java/TetherService.jar
    /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/net.aonic.tether

That said, the best way to remove it is via Linux commandline:
    Code:
    /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    /usr/bin/ipkg remove net.aonic.tether
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /
    MyTether is purposefully difficult for people to install, probably as the paid version includes the desktop installer (which installs it to root partition causing more issues). Being difficult to uninstall is just a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Winscp is like french to me, lol, dont understand how to use it...cant delete it thru internalz, any other ideas or easier ways?
    Try the above code in WebOS Quick Install's Linux Commandline tool
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    okay I found "ls" list the directories.

I see "net.aonic.tether" is that the file? It won't let me remove bc its "read-only"
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    okay I found "ls" list the directories.

I see "net.aonic.tether" is that the file? It won't let me remove bc its "read-only"
    deleting the files the service installs won't get rid of it completely, the ipkg entry will still be there. try the above commands I mentioned

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason posted the easiest method above. I would suggest using that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    If I get a surprise on my next bill Sprint is going to be surprised when I call them from a Verizon line to let them know I am not paying it. I have 5 simply everything lines with them.
    Idle threat.

You are most likely, like most people, tied into a service contract. If you think we believe you will pay early termination fees on all those lines, and drop the LOWEST PRICE phone service (Sprint), and buy all new phones, just because you broke your agreement AND abused tethering, you are wrong!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I'm in the directory. How do I find the file? I am using novacom but I dont know the "dir" command
    It is basic Linux/Unix shell.

ls list
    rm remove
    vi visual edit
    cp copy
    mv move/rename

It doesn't get any better than this But remember, you can't change anything on / unless you remount the root file system as read-write first.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    I had my free tether installed and was able to get this working perfectly on the first try. This was very easy and i did not uninstall my free tether before hand. maybe this helps somebody, idk.

Here are my wifi speed on my laptop which took a whole 5 minutes to get it working! I love precentral!

Will try this right now Jason...and I saw Conans show last night...great show, COco will be missed!
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    FINALLY!!!! at least for a while. this is great!! thank you thank you!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    still having issues with mine connecting, everything works up until the point when I turn on my wifi hotspot. From there the rotating circle that says turning on wifi hotspot keeps spinning. I followed all the steps on my wifes phone and hers works fine, mine however does not want to create a connection.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    I feel slow...How the heck do I install the ipk files in WOQI
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    MyTether is purposefully difficult for people to install, probably as the paid version includes the desktop installer (which installs it to root partition causing more issues). Being difficult to uninstall is just a side effect.
    Since you like aonic so much, can I submit a feature request for WebOS Quick Install 2.97 to add a big flashing "Remove MyTether" button on the main screen as a community service?????
    root@palm-webos-device: /bin/mount -o remount,rw //usr/bin/ipkg remove net.aonic.tether
    Removing package net.aonic.tether from root...
    root@palm-webos-device: /bin/mount -o remount,ro /
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    root@palm-webos-device:
    I dont know what that fail means but I will rebbot and try to see if mobile hotspot works.
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    root@palm-webos-device: /bin/mount -o remount,rw //usr/bin/ipkg remove net.aonic.tether
    Removing package net.aonic.tether from root...
    root@palm-webos-device:
    a device reboot will fix that. By default on boot it's mounted readonly

works great along side with my paid version of mytether (with no wifi patch)
    yes i do
    i havent been reading lately about the freetether release, but why doesnt freetether work on its own and require a piggyback with hotspot?