Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lmayes69 View Post
    I did but i think it was because of myther .. my patch was disabled but still could not get it to work .. so i doctored my phone and just installed the hotspot and freetether.. hate that i have 2 programs but its so much better than the patching and constant resetting. hopefully this will be fixed in future versions
    That sucks!!I don't want to doctor the phone, let me try just erasing mytether and see if this works. I hate being the only one left out, lol.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    Solution for two problems:

1) "spelling" error in WebOS Quick Install: Upgrade to version 2.96 - the "error" comes when the package needs to run a script, which older versions seem to be getting cranking about.

2) "No Sharing" alert: Wait. I got it, waited a few seconds for my EvDO icon to come back, and voila, I'm posting via Mobile HotSpot on my Sprint Pre right now.

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Jason, how come you dislike mytether? Just curious.
    Check out my Light Blue theme and if you like please hit the thanks button or even better, donate.
    works great for me, easy to setup too
    Just erasing mytether did not work...crap!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Just erasing mytether did not work...crap!
    Did you remove the mytether service ?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Did you remove the mytether service ?
    Cant find out how to remove that one, if you know id appreciate it, . I went to device management on quick install and it doesnt show up.
    /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services
    Was this for me and what do i do with this? : /
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    This works great. Thanks to all involved in making this work. This is much better than using mytether, no patching and no having to dr. the phone to get 3D apps to work. I have one question though, can sprint tell if you are using mobilehotspot or does it also look like your useing your phone still? Has anyone confirmed this? Thank you again.
    just don't get mad when you see ur next bill
    Cant find out how to remove that one, if you know id appreciate it, . I went to device management on quick install and it doesnt show up.
    Was this for me and what do i do with this? : /
    You asked how to remove the service this is the location for it. Navigate to it on your Pre and delete it.
    Whats up with this dont be mad when you get your next bill warning? is the simply everything plan unlimited or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You asked how to remove the service this is the location for it. Navigate to it on your Pre and delete it.
    will i need internalz?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    There's no such thing as an unlimited plan in the world of cell phone data. Plans they call unlimited are capped at 5GB. None of these data-phone unlimited plans allow tethering in the terms of the contract. It's also fairly obvious to a carrier when a person starts tethering because of the massive increase in bandwidth used.
    If I get a surprise on my next bill Sprint is going to be surprised when I call them from a Verizon line to let them know I am not paying it. I have 5 simply everything lines with them.
    will i need internalz?
    I use Winscp
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Whats up with this dont be mad when you get your next bill warning? is the simply everything plan unlimited or not?
    Yes, it is unlimited but it's a violation of your user agreement to tether. If Sprint finds out you are tethering they can charge you for the data used while tethering or terminate your service. As long as you keep your data usage at a reasonable level, you probably don't have anything to worry about. In other words, don't use tethering as your main internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    If I get a surprise on my next bill Sprint is going to be surprised when I call them from a Verizon line to let them know I am not paying it. I have 5 simply everything lines with them.
    That's fine but you can also expect the same surprise on your Verizon bill.
    Im just ***king around. I have been with sprint for over 6 years and I have WiFi at home and at my office so I should be fine.
    ive been tethering for the last year on sprint, with different phones(windows mobile which ill never use again). No issues ever, just like everyone says stay under the 5 and nothing will get said. I use between 3 and 4 gigs a month. No issues ever.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I love this forum
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/24/2010 at 12:10 AM.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast