Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    there is gotta be a way not have to set ip forwarding after each boot.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Something is funky with this setup now that I have it working solid I decided to test the speed which leaves much to be desired.

Kinda sad with the speed full 5 bars too Starting to understand why pandora never worked good around the house when not connected to wifi..

Edit: also the phone gets pretty hot using it as well....
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myculito View Post
    In the future, how can i uninstall these IPK files?
    You can remove 2 of the 3 direct from the app launcher (Orange+tap).

The other freeTether ipk is a service, so you wouldn't be able to uninstall that through the launcher.

But you can remove them all through WebOS Quick Install:

Tools > Device Management > Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Buddie go right ahead and tether over 70gb and watch what happens. Yes sprint says data is unlimited for data usage on the phone we know this. And we all know about 5GB limit for air cards.

This is why I said mythical limit. Because people have gone over a mythical limit and been contacted about it by sprint in the past.

But if you think burning up 10-20GB's a month and sprint will be fine with it go ahead. Don't come back here complaining if they charge you or end your contract. It has happened in the past.
    ha i just used 70GB because it was a god awful amount of data.... i had a sprint aircard ran 3 laptops,PS3, and a desktop that was mainly soo my roommate can play his WoW (which uses a lot of Data) but we used all of those everyday for a month and didn't even reach 5 GB soo i'm not too worried with just running my laptop off my phone.
    i cant turn mobile hotspot 'on'
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    When I try this setup nothing ever shows up in the Mobile Hotspot connected box although my macbook thinks its connected.
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    got it working. mytether is definitely quicker w/ wifi..
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    How did you fix it? I can't get it to finally turn on.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Got it working but I keep losing my WAN IP address. It goes to null and then gets another IP
    Marty
    Handspring Visor -> Handspring Treo 180 That stated it would have Wi-Fi -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650->Treo 700P ->Centro->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    I like the freetether application, it gives more info instead of just doing the ip forwarding. Also this is a PHONE with internet, and your connecting your PC to it to get internet on your PC. I could care less what kinda speeds I get. ITS internet, good enough for me.

If I want fast, ill get on my FiOS line.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Also this is a PHONE with internet, and your connecting your PC to it to get internet on your PC. I could care less what kinda speeds I get. ITS internet, good enough for me.

If I want fast, ill get on my FiOS line.
    Well then why tether if you can just use your Fios line... My issues with speed is that my 3-4 year old moto Q would get actual 3g speeds aka 1.5mb+ most of the time while tethering. I have yet to break over .5mb with the pre so ya 50x better phone rocking slower speed YA!

But it works so better than nothing....
    Well then why tether if you can just use your Fios line... My issues with speed is that my 3-4 year old moto Q would get actual 3g speeds aka 1.5mb+ most of the time while tethering. I have yet to break over .5mb with the pre so ya 50x better phone rocking slower speed YA!

But it works so better than nothing....
    i get speeds above 1.5 mb with mytether when wifi tethering i don't know about usb yet.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i get speeds above 1.5 mb with mytether when wifi tethering i don't know about usb yet.
    Haven't gotten free tether to enable usb to see if it actually is the mobile hotspot app just being slow or if the free tether service has it capped somehow...
    Haven't gotten free tether to enable usb to see if it actually is the mobile hotspot app just being slow or if the free tether service has it capped somehow...
    with these phones who knows..... i'm at work right now when i get home around midnight i'll get on and post what speeds i'm getting.
    So far I haven't been able to get a shared connection through the Hot Spot app... it's broadcasting, and I'm able to connect my laptop, and it even recognizes my laptop being connected, but it's not sharing the internet access. :\

Going to reboot my Pre and try again, just to see.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    yea i'm not using free tether..... i've bitten the bullet and am using Mytether 2.0.4 ....... it messes some things up but there are ways around it.... my usb tethering and wifi tethering works perfectly .... i hope the 1.4 updating thats hopefully coming out soon won't cause problems.... just incase i'm going to uninstall Mytether before i download Web OS 1.4 update
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    So far I haven't been able to get a shared connection through the Hot Spot app... it's broadcasting, and I'm able to connect my laptop, and it even recognizes my laptop being connected, but it's not sharing the internet access. :\

Going to reboot my Pre and try again, just to see.
    I had trouble at first too at first my EVDO connection would drop out about ever 15-30 seconds and it seems the radio would reboot. So then since people keep calling I ##EVDO# and turn it to EVDO only and I could never get it to work so reset back to Rev A hybrid.

Rebooted a few times in between all that and after the switch back to rev a hybrid and a reboot its been rock solid open free tether enable ip forwarding then fire up MHS and it just works.

Honda07si just tried usb tethering must be the area I'm in just doesn't get good EVDO speeds it got to 1mb once and then back down to .5.

Aww well until my ISP gets back online this will work. If I need to D/L something big I've got 6 different wifi networks that read default unsecured (i can't believe people still do this hahahah) available to pick from
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    anybody else have this problem?
    i get this error that keeps popping up that says No Sharing Service: Sharing anInternet connection reuires an additional service plan. Contact your carrier for help.
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Wow it works!!!! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just did exactly what figus said to do and then I did a reboot and hooked it up and it worked perfectly first time and wasn't too slow. I'll still have to do a speed check though.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast