Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    Totally awesome...

Works perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Jason, Here is the error message I received when following the instructions you gave:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

can't find file to patch at input line 8
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    ---------------------------
    |Name: Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot
    |Version: 1.3.5.1-1
    |Author: Jason Robitaille
    |Description: Will automatically toggle IP forwarding when using Mobile Hotspot. Note: requires freeTetherD. (MIT license)
    |
    |--- .orig/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.app.mobilehotspot/app/controllers/microap-assistant.jsjsjs
    |+++/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.app.mobilehotspot/app/controllers/microap-assistant.jsjsjs
    ---------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    OK, so that's saying I didn't install the mobile hotspot app first. Will do that now and try again.

EDIT: Yep, installing the hotspot app first avoids the above error.

EDIT2: Verified internet connection through phone is working. (I don't plan to use often or at all.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/23/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I had MyTether 2.0.4 installed originally and it worked pretty good with Snow Leopard using a Bluetooth Pan connection. When I say pretty good, I mean when it connected the signal was great but it did take some finagling to get the connection up and running.

I installed Free Tether and Mobile Hot Spot without problems and it connects flawlessly over wifi in Snow Leopard. I did eventually uninstall MyTether ( Thank you Jason R. for the instructions - You are the MAN, by the way) and I have noticed dramatically increased speeds. I believe there is a conflict when you have both installed even if you are only using one.

As for users saying that their signal was being dropped to 1X, I too had the same issue but since I uninstalled MyTether I do not have that issue anymore. I would suggest removing MyTether and only using the Mobile Hot Spot app for greater speed and stability.
    I got this working perfectly ( just for any users having issues ) by installing:

• freeTetherd Service
    • the HotSpot Application
    • Jason's Patch

Hope this helps some users out.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Wow this is AMAZING.

Between this and all the things to come with the 1.4 update and 3d gaming the Pre has become such an amazing phone. I'm just so impressed with everything I am and will be able to do with my Pre in the next month. Wow lol loving WebOS more and more every single day.
    I'm loving my Pre more & more each day because of the Hombrew Community. Although the 1.4 update has me excited, i still look forward to opening PreWare every day to see what's new .
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice that it's in the official Palm app store again? You can get to it through preware.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Don't see it in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Don't see it in the App Catalog.
    It's in preware under the PALM feed.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Yup Yup. Just found it. And it's a new version too. I'm wearing of DLing it. Will make the splash now though.

EDIT: It says it's for the Palm Pre/Pixi Plus.

EDIT: I downloaded it and launched it. It said it had to reset my phone. Waiting on that now.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718