Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I also get the same QI error everyone else is getting. I am running 2.96.
    I thought I was too. just download this one and try it out.

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ickInstall.jar

when you install the service it'll ask you if it's ok for it to run a script. click yes
    and install the other 2 packages. it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    hey I got it to work, just update your web OS quick install

here's the download link

I have the latest version 2.96 which I used to install all 3 ipk's. Still no ip address listed in freetether. I know it has to do with a failed install of the deamon but, how on earth do I fix it? I gonna attempt reinstalling the ipk's again. Augh
    Does this mess up camera function or any other function for that matter?
    I thought I was too. just download this one and try it out.

when you install the service it'll ask you if it's ok for it to run a script. click yes
    and install the other 2 packages. it works.
    Still doesn't work for me.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Does this mess up camera function or any other function for that matter?
    Noup.. just 1 app more... and 0 apps less
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    also make sure your pre is running 1.3.5.x if it fails try to delete the packages either with preware or web os quick install. and reinstall again, then do a luna restart with luna manager. hope that works..
    Quote Originally Posted by scmastertech View Post
    Works great.. Even with my macbook. I could never get mytether to work via wifi with the macbook.
    That is because your laptop apparently didn't like connecting via Ad-Hoc, which was the only type of connection offered with Mytether. And that type of problem was not all that uncommon, since Ad-Hoc was never really meant to be used for an access point (it was for peer-to-peer networking). Now you are using a true access-point mode, so *everything* will connect with no problem.

I had similar issues with one of my Linux laptops not being able to connect (at all) to an Ad-Hoc network. And the other Linux laptop worked just fine. Now it will all just work. Yay!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    ugh.. same here.. :/ help?
    i was having the same problem then i reinstalled web os quick install and it installed but i still cant get it to work
    Two things I would suggest...
    1) Reboot your phone after installing all the files.
    2) Have patience, mine usually takes 30 to 60 seconds until trying to get on the net. Even though it says connected sometimes there is an inital lag.
    Is it OK to leave IP forwarding on in freeTether after you turn off tethering in hotspot app? Too lazy to do both steps each time. Lol! Any adverse effects like wifi problems, battery drain, etc...?
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwriter101 View Post
    i was having the same problem then i reinstalled web os quick install and it installed but i still cant get it to work
    Install newest version of WebOSQI
    Reinstall freetetherd
    Verify freetether is also installed, as well as mobilehotspot
    Reboot phone (just for good measure)
    Launch freetether (Note: You should see an IP address in WAN information)
    Turn on ip forwarding
    Launch mobilehotspot
    Set network name, encryption type/key
    You are done!
    After installing those 3 files via WEBOSQI do we need to delete them before any update from Palm?

This sounds almost too good to be true! Thanks for posting I will try this later.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Are you having connectivity errors? Or install errors? For the people still having issues.
    I'm having a DNS error, which is stopping me from connecting to the internet. I still get the connection in general though.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    Is it OK to leave IP forwarding on in freeTether after you turn off tethering in hotspot app? Too lazy to do both steps each time. Lol! Any adverse effects like wifi problems, battery drain, etc...?
    I have already answered that question.

Yes and No
    also make sure your pre is running 1.3.5.x if it fails try to delete the packages either with preware or web os quick install. and reinstall again, then do a luna restart with luna manager. hope that works..
    Well, let's just say I am not on 1.3.5.1........
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    After installing those 3 files via WEBOSQI do we need to delete them before any update from Palm?

This sounds almost too good to be true! Thanks for posting I will try this later.
    Theoretically, no. They are applications, not patches.

And yes, it is too good to be true, and yet... it is true!
    Well, let's just say I am not on 1.3.5.1........
    Is that a cryptic reference that you are running a version higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is that a cryptic reference that you are running a version higher?
    I am not at liberty to say.
    Developer of:

Sometimes not saying is just like saying.
    I am not at liberty to say.
    That could be bad news if this stuff doesn't work on the "not at liberty to say" version. Any reports of it working from anyone else on the "not at liberty to say" version?