Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Did you enable IP forwarding? And do you have freetetherdaemon service?
    I can't get this installed. Error message:
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/24/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew6132 View Post
    Ah, my IP forwarding disabled itself, didn't realize I had to keep the freetether tab open.

I still cannot connect to the internet though.
    When I try to install the FTdaemon service an error message pops up in QI, it says install failed, check the spelling or you may have to update the ipkg service.
    Yep, I had the exact same problem that many of you are complaining about (local network only) when I tried to install the freetetherd ipk service by hand with novacom. I got an error during the install, even though it installed it. What it was not doing was running the necessary script in the package.

WebOS QI is supposed to be able to run scripts. If you read back through the posts, it might be related to a problem in WebOS quick installer.

I don't use WebOS QI, I just use the command line and Preware. My suggestion is to look at my previous posting- add the webos internals testing feed and use PREWARE to install freetetherd, instead of WebOS QI. I bet that will fix it!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew6132 View Post
    Ah, my IP forwarding disabled itself, didn't realize I had to keep the freetether tab open.
    That is incorrect. You do NOT have to leave the freetether tab open. The ipforwarding setting is sticky and will remain set until you reset the phone.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Yep, I had the exact same problem that many of you are complaining about (local network only) when I tried to install the freetetherd ipk service by hand with novacom. I got an error during the install, even though it installed it. What it was not doing was running the necessary script in the package.

WebOS QI is supposed to be able to run scripts. If you read back through the posts, it might be related to a problem in WebOS quick installer.

I don't use WebOS QI, I just use the command line and Preware. My suggestion is to look at my previous posting- add the webos internals testing feed and use PREWARE to install freetetherd, instead of WebOS QI. I bet that will fix it!
    Dude, that is waaaay too complex
    There's got to be a way to just startup ip forwarding in the freetetherd /event.d without having to run the freetether app. Anyone figure this out yet?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I did all the steps but mobile hotspot is stuck at turning on mobile hotspot. Please help me
    Have you restarted your phone? When you enable IP forwarding and close freetether, is the IP forwarding checkbox still enabled when you reopen it?
    No it is not. This must be my problem but, how do I fix it?
    In other words, without the deamon service installed, there is no way this will work? Well why are some people able to install the service using wosqi and others cant if there is a script problem with wosqi?
    Those of you having problems with local network only, I don't know why, but I just tried again and was able to connect fully... so there is hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    That is your issue. Jason said that installing the package manager service should solve the error message

Make sure you are running WebOS 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.x
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    It looks like it isn't working because of not having this "freetetherd". My freeTether doesn't see an ip address when I go to the WIFI tab.

Whats the easiest way to get freetetherd installed? Will this fix the problem?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

ugh.. same here.. :/ help?
    That is your issue. Jason said that installing the package manager service should solve the error message

Make sure you are running WebOS 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.x
    Running 1.3.5.1
    Just installed and tried with ipod touch. Working great.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    this is what i do step by step

Install one by one with WebOS QI
    us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7
    us.ryanhope.freetether_0.0.1_all
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.3_all

Open freeTether
    Check that both options (IP Forwarding and NAT) are ENABLED

Open Mobile HotSpot
    If first time
    Set SSID
    Set Encryption Type
    Set PassPhrase
    Turn it ON

now I check with my laptop for my PRE's SSID and connect to it
    Mobile HotSpot will say that my laptop is connected to my pre
    after a few seconds... maybe 30... internet starts working on my laptop

Then I close freeTether and Mobile HotSpot....

Ditto, one of the easiest "hacks/homebrew" Iv'e done since acquiring the phone on launch.
    SUCCESS following these directions. now needs to be stickied. Was very easy!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Running 1.3.5.1
    hey I got it to work, just update your web OS quick install

here's the download link

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ickInstall.jar
    Works great.. Even with my macbook. I could never get mytether to work via wifi with the macbook.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Everything installs. I do all the steps flawlessly. But I get a DNS error when trying to connect.
    I also get the same QI error everyone else is getting. I am running 2.96.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    hey I got it to work, just update your web OS quick install

here's the download link

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ickInstall.jar
    Dude, you get crazy cool points for this! THANKS!!!
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast