1.    #1  
    Can we get this app turned into a patch anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Why? Is the free app not good enough? Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious as to the logic.
  3.    #3  
    The free app is what it is....an app. I think that this in all honesty should be a patch instead. No reason to have it run as an app when it could be embedded in. Thats all im sayin and thinking. Im not one to like to keep apps open, so if this was a patch...i would grab it in a heart beat!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    The free app is what it is....an app. I think that this in all honesty should be a patch instead. No reason to have it run as an app when it could be embedded in. Thats all im sayin and thinking. Im not one to like to keep apps open, so if this was a patch...i would grab it in a heart beat!
    you don't need to keep it open. once you open and set it, then you can close it. on closing it asks do you want to keep running. that's it. once that's do forget about it! unless you reboot your phone, then you have to set it again :/
    yes,
    unless you reboot your phone, then you have to set it again :/
    that's why a patch would make it even better then an app.

(Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this app )
    But instead of starting the app after every reboot, you could have directly two sliders in the Screen&Lock Card to apply two different levels of brightness.

Then you don't need to change or start anything until you want it brighter or darker
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    yes,
    that's why a patch would make it even better then an app.

(Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this app )
    But instead of starting the app after every reboot, you could have directly two sliders in the Screen&Lock Card to apply two different levels of brightness.

Then you don't need to change or start anything until you want it brighter or darker
    Exactly my point Virox!!!...see, come with me on this guys. this would be SO MUCH BETTER as a patch then an app. Really, is there any reason to argue this point??? Any at all??? So...would someone mind picking this up and working it into a patch?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    This has been discussed several times and at this time it appears it is not possible.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-keyboard.html
  8.    #8  
    I see that it has been worked on but it looks like it was never completed. Jason must has had too much fun with his new Pre and forgot about this patch....

Anywho...I cant understand how someone could make an App for it but not be able to make a patch for it...but I am no developer or patcher....so...I wont try and understand. The main thing is...at the end of that thread there was no resolution. So...I can only assume that it has just been put aside and not deemed impossible.

In that case...I ask again, is there a way we can make a patch out of this to replace the app for all the reasons explained above?
    I've made a patch that automatically starts brightness unlinked. It can be found here. Its been submitted for addition to the preware feed. Hopefully it makes it.

[Patch] Persistent Brightness Unlinked