1.    #1  
    How do I remove old patches? I did a full erase and I still have the date (blue) and the battery as a percentage. How can I get these off so I can install new patches? When I load preware back on the phone...it doesn't show the patches installed. It errors out when I try to install again.
    try turning off the back up app... but first save your contacts ... after that d a full erase and voila ... clean!
    you can backup again once you are done removing your patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    you can backup again once you are done removing your patch.
    yeap!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    But what about you r paid apps and all the other data. It says they will be erased if you turn off backup and then turn it back on
    thats right , u need to install them again.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    You don't have to re-pay for your apps, they will be free to reinstall.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Are you sure. I have heard Palm has given people fits about this
    we sure...i cleaned my phone turning off the back up app and after that i reinstall my paid apps for free without a problem!
    Did it automatically reload them upon login or did you have to individually remember each app you downloaded
    if you turn off the back up app everything in the cloud get erased, so you need to reinstall them one by one!.. i know is a pain in the .... but thats the price we pay for hack our phones!
  9.    #9  
    How do I save my contacts so I don't have to manual enter them again?
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods1977 View Post
    How do I save my contacts so I don't have to manual enter them again?
    http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...PreCentral.net
  11.    #11  
    Sorry...kinda dumd when it comes to this... I turned saved my contacts. Turned off the back up. Then did a full erase...When the phone came back on the icons were still UK theme and the top bar was still blue. Anything else I can try?

When I try to load the contacts I saved to my computer... I get a error 5 message

Command put file:///var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Reply: file open failed

THANKS!!
    Last edited by tigerwoods1977; 01/20/2010 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods1977 View Post
    How do I remove old patches? I did a full erase and I still have the date (blue) and the battery as a percentage. How can I get these off so I can install new patches? When I load preware back on the phone...it doesn't show the patches installed. It errors out when I try to install again.
    check the link in my signature.
    I had this same problem, I even took my phone to sprint and had them do a full reset and that still didn't work, I finally decided to do the webosdoctor on my phone and when it was fully complete my phone went back to default and I still had all my contacts.
  14.    #14  
    How do I do the webosdoctor? How do I get the file data file back on my phone that I saved to my computer...for my contacts?
    I had the same problem, but you do NOT need to disable the Back Up Utility. That has nothing to do with Homebrew ( patches included ). Assuming you have already tried running the EPR in PreWare, you'r best bet is to do a 'Partial Erase' & then use the webOS Doctor to restore you're phone, which is what i did to get my phone back to stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I had the same problem, but you do NOT need to disable the Back Up Utility. That has nothing to do with Homebrew ( patches included ). Assuming you have already tried running the EPR in PreWare, you'r best bet is to do a 'Partial Erase' & then use the webOS Doctor to restore you're phone, which is what i did to get my phone back to stock.
    well disabling the back up utiliy work for me , after doctoring my phone didnt erase some of my patches , so i have to do a full erase and turn off the back up app to clean the stuck patches
    The 'Full Erase' is what removed the stuck patches. Backup Utility only saves the list of installed apps ( which is why they had to be redownloaded pre-1.3.5 ) as well as the Palm Profile, etc. If you look at the /media/cryptofs directory you will see org.webosinternals.patches folders which is why there are errors if they are not removed before an update or ( since the directory was moved ) a restore with the webOS Doctor.

Obviously your way worked, i just wanted to post that disabling the Backup Utility isn't necessary, since it's possible some users will lose content from their phone & may not know they can get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    The 'Full Erase' is what removed the stuck patches. Backup Utility only saves the list of installed apps ( which is why they had to be redownloaded pre-1.3.5 ) as well as the Palm Profile, etc. If you look at the /media/cryptofs directory you will see org.webosinternals.patches folders which is why there are errors if they are not removed before an update or ( since the directory was moved ) a restore with the webOS Doctor.

Obviously your way worked, i just wanted to post that disabling the Backup Utility isn't necessary, since it's possible some users will lose content from their phone & may not know they can get it back.
    ok good point