Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch combines several of fritos1406 patches together most patches were requested by chrislo:
    Enable/Disable gesture scroll in browser
    Fullscreen Browser mode
    Browser shortcut keys
    No Icons in Browser show while loading hide when loaded

Any of the above referenced patches must be uninstalled before installing this patch. It creates a great user experience for web browsing.

It has already been submitted to Preware.

Edit: A couple of people have emailed saying this patch conflicts with the Browser Mega-Mix patch. I have included the send to Relego, Sparetime, and Bad Kitty support (inspired by Darrin Holst and benuk). Once I receive feedback I will submit update to Preware.

Added neato support

Patch updated for 2.xx
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/06/2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Added: Relego, Sparetime, and Bad Kitty Support and Shorten URL
    next thing to look at will be zoom in and zoom out keys. currently i combined with other browser multi mod patch so that space bar and symb and . are page up and page down keys.

maybe to combile gesture keys with these keys to zoom in and out. what do you think? useful?
    i am talking about a very small margin for zooming in and zooming out. with the pintch gesture it's hard to have accruate small step zoom in and out.
    i wanna give it a shot on the zoom in zoom out but umm with what keys?

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Saw this on Preware last night and have to say this is one of my absolute favorite patches.
    NM I fixed
    Installation is failing at Hunk #2-4. Really want to try this out. I don't have any other browser Patches installed.
    kudos, thanks to you both, makes the browser much easier to use
    for zoom maybe something with opt ./sym/bkspace/enter. Same as the page natvigation keys now
    I'm having some difficulty with this patch, which I removed shortly after it was initially installed.

When checking for compatibility with the AUPT-3 via the EFV tool, it shows this as installed with aupt-1, but I cannot remove the patch, via Preware or WOSQI. (It doesn't show up as installed.)

Any ideas/suggestions? Anyone else having this difficulty?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KellanC View Post
    When checking for compatibility with the AUPT-3 via the EFV tool, it shows this as installed with aupt-1, but I cannot remove the patch, via Preware or WOSQI. (It doesn't show up as installed.)
    !
    Okay, I've solved my own problem... and I'll describe my solution in case anyone has this difficulty!

I removed all other browser related patches (via Preware). After restarting Luna, I was then able to successfully re-install this patch (browser mega-mix). After another Luna restart, I could then remove it successfully, with no error message from the EFV log.

I believe what caused the problem initially was that I first installed this patch, then decided I didn't like all the options. I then removed the patch, and installed one or two of the "bundled patches" individually... but I did it at the same time, without a Luna or Java restart in between.

Ideally, this thread's initial post should be updated to include the additional individual patches that may conflict. (The "No Auto Refresh After Idle" patch is not listed, and I believe that may have been causing my problem.)
    Last edited by KellanC; 02/24/2010 at 02:19 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Updated for 1.4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 02/28/2010 at 08:29 AM.
    the one on preware is this one updated for preware too?
  13.    #13  
    I just submitted it about 5 minutes ago so I don't know how long it takes to get updated in preware.
    Thanks, thanks thanks thanks!!!

This really should be a standard-issue patch for everyone with a Pre. This is the way the pre browser -should- work. So much more screen real-estate, better navigation, no buttons or other garbage cluttering up the screen. If there's anyone out there that hasn't installed this patch yet, DO IT!

I was having withdrawals trying to use the pre web browser without it. Thanks a million for getting this back up and running for 1.4!
    the old one won't work?
  16.    #16  
    haven't tried it I figured with the many changes to the os there would be problems and the lines referenced in 1.4 are different I didn't want to get swamped with emails so I was proactive
  17.    #17  
    Updated Browser Megamix in post #1 to include the send to Relego, Sparetime, and Bad Kitty functions. This patch and benuk's patches were conflicting. (additions inspired by Darrin Holst and benuk)
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/07/2010 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Updated Browser Megamix in post #1 to include the send to Relego, Sparetime, and Bad Kitty functions. This patch and benuk's patches were conflicting. (additions inspired by Darrin Holst and benuk)
    Thanks Mamouton!
    But the thing is that, i dont use bad kitty. I use Twee and Tweed...Hopefully there can be a different version..
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Thanks Mamouton!
    But the thing is that, i dont use bad kitty. I use Twee and Tweed...Hopefully there can be a different version..
    Attached is a version that uses twee instead of Bad Kitty. Please note I have not tested but it should work

Cheers,
    Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Dude, you're just awesome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast