Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    So how did ya do it? Can you send me the link to the patch that does this? Or go through the steps on how to get the top bar to act this way?
    Is this an actual patch....or just a scrimmed background?
  3.    #23  
    also...i noticed that you have altered the information on the top bar...I like the set up....would you mind also telling me how to set up the top bar like yours???
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    also...i noticed that you have altered the information on the top bar...I like the set up....would you mind also telling me how to set up the top bar like yours???
    Check the patch index, or go on preware. There's a multitude of top bar altering patches.
  5.    #25  
    no no no I know that...but none that are formatted like his...I like his set up... he somehow got rid of the "Sprint" logo and moved everything over...that is sweet!
  6.    #26  
    ok thats fine...but where can i find the updated statusbar scrim?
  7.    #27  
    if you all feel you want to continue this project in an effort to figure out if this can be done without a scrim...I have no objections and actually I am interested to see if this is the case....but I understand if you want to drop this and settle with a scrim patch. I am going to try and see if it works. I thank you all for your help on this one...its good to know there are people out there willing to help make the Pre a great phone...
    this doesn't work if you have dynamically changing wallpapers though (dellboy's switcharoo). it looks like it's just replacing the black top bar with an image that matches the portion of the wallpaper that's usually covered by the black top bar.

also, with the changes you've made to the information in the top bar, what happens when you launch an app? the top-right corner is reserved for the app name and all the associated preferences/controls. how do you access that menu now?
  9.    #29  
    2sslow...where can I find your updated scrim?
  10.    #30  
    ok guys he is having issues with his patch....unfortunately. Still want to figure this puzzle out:??? I would be forever greatful if you all could work together and find a solution to this
    EDIT: Working Again....NOT compatible w/ battery patches!

Here we go
    1)install Patch
    2)create a folder named scrims (lower case) on the root of your Pre's usb drive.
    3)Use the same pic you are using for your wallpaper and place it in your scrims folder and name it statusbar-scrim.png

This will not change if you use switcharoo wallpaper changer.

You can save extras in the wallpapers folder in a folder named .scrims (dont forget the . or they will show up in the photos app) and change them whenever you want using internals.

You can use the battery patch if you only use a black background

The patch is located here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...bar-scrim.html
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

12.    #32  
    So this patch is not compatible with the battery icon as percent? Will you be working to fix that? I am rather fond of that patch. also...Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPload this to Preware as I am having problems with WOSQI ATM.

Thanks... Goodjob BTW....
    So this patch is not compatible with the battery icon as percent? Will you be working to fix that? I am rather fond of that patch. also...Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPload this to Preware as I am having problems with WOSQI ATM.

Thanks... Goodjob BTW....
    yes I am currently working on a fix for the battery% patch incompatibility.

I have already submitted to PreWare, Just waiting on dbsooner to respond.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

14.    #34  
    also i guess i should ask...does the wallpaper have to be a certain size for this to work?
    also i guess i should ask...does the wallpaper have to be a certain size for this to work?
    Standard wallpaper 320x480 and the scrim has to be the same size.

Just rename your wallpaper to statusbar-scrim.png and put it in the scrims folder.

Follow the link below.

Hi 2Sslow,
    Any joy with the battery percent icons, love the way this looks so far.

Also, is it possible to default back to the black background whilst in other apps ?

Cheers,

Stu.
    Last edited by stueybuk; 02/17/2010 at 06:19 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12