Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I wish I could thank you 100 times.
    No problem demetry14, I am also thinking of doing the battery icons as well if you are interested let me know.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    No problem demetry14, I am also thinking of doing the battery icons as well if you are interested let me know.
    I personally use the percentage patch... But everything you can scrim makes this phone more personalizable "if that's a word". I was actually thinking of asking about scriming the dropdown menu that shows date, time, wifi etc. If it is able. My current theme is all black and I would love to make a small background with my late daughters name in Purple for that space.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    This patch doesn't seem to work for Verizon phones. I already have a 3g logo instead of a EVDO. I have made sure the images are named correctly but it still isn't showing the 4g pics.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfms View Post
    This patch doesn't seem to work for Verizon phones. I already have a 3g logo instead of a EVDO. I have made sure the images are named correctly but it still isn't showing the 4g pics.
    It's not setup for Verizon phones because they are using the 3G image set named, network-3G-[WHATEVER].png.

This patch changes the file location for the network-EVDO-[WHATEVER].png.

This is NOT for palm-pre then? I have installed it on Palm Pre and it doesnt work.
    1) installed patch
    2) created scrims folder in root
    3) copied the two files, correctly named and with correct extension to scrims

I also have following installed (do they interfere)?:
    Battery icon as percentage
    ad date dd-mmm-yy on top bar
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    This is NOT for palm-pre then? I have installed it on Palm Pre and it doesnt work.
    1) installed patch
    2) created scrims folder in root
    3) copied the two files, correctly named and with correct extension to scrims

I also have following installed (do they interfere)?:
    Battery icon as percentage
    ad date dd-mmm-yy on top bar
    I have those as well no problems here! Have you checked to make sure the images are .png not .jpeg

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I have those as well no problems here! Have you checked to make sure the images are .png not .jpeg
    OK - Mine is still not working. FIle names (after unchecking 'hide file extensions' option) are: network-evdo-connected.png
    network-evdo-dormant.png. These are exactly as in the 'scrims' folder in root on the Palm Pre as I attempted to do a 'rename' of the file and then a CtrlC to copy the name. I did NOT go through with the rename (that was just to copy the names)
    BTW - Im in the UK; on O2. Does it work on the O2 Palm Pre?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    BTW - Im in the UK; on O2. Does it work on the O2 Palm Pre?
    Good question? I dont have an O2 pre so I dont have any way of knowing if there is a difference. I do know it doesnt work w/ verizon.

Follow the link below.

Good question? I dont have an O2 pre so I dont have any way of knowing if there is a difference. I do know it doesnt work w/ verizon.
    is there anyway we can get it for verizon?

EDIT: or tell me how to get into the filesystem of the phone so i can actually help those people who want this on their phones?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    amazing =] i love it!! lol, smart idea =], and the blue works perfectly with the theme i use! and u thought that it wouldn't be popular enough to be preware :P
    thanks, i was about to say the same thing but then i realized i named the file wrong.
    Excellent. Followed the directions and created a folder named "Scrims", dropped in the two icons I liked, copied and pasted the names suggested in the original post to the respective files, disconnected the phone then rebooted...and all is GREAT!

I'm now teasing my son that I now have 4G on my phone, just like his new EVO droid! 8-)
    Would it be possible to get the png files for the rssi and other patch?
    Hey Tks this works great!
  16. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I don't think this will work for me, there is no 4g coverage in my area yet .
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I don't think this will work for me, there is no 4g coverage in my area yet .
    lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Could use some advice, I have a first gen pre, have installed with preware the patch and placed a folder named scrims in the usb folder 'not in any particular place' and dragged in two pngs from the first set in this form. one of each connected and dormant, I have check to see if I have the 3g patch, I do have the device menu mega mix and the date as carrier string with time while locked patches installed, I have reinstalled the patch several times and checked extentions and spelling. cannot get it to work. any other ideas
    ^ reboot your phone. I don't mean luna reboot either.
    I did the hard reboot each time and luna a few times. I do ge the 1x when the signal is weak and the wifi symbol moves over and dims and leaves a space as if the patch is doing something ????
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast