Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. bkbailey's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #41  
    also my evdo keeps flashing in and out do i need to doctor it
  2.    #42  
    Not likely! Like I said WOSQI not working tonight, Remove via WOSQI and install via PreWare or wait until WOSQI is working again and remove and reinstall.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. bkbailey's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #43  
    i checked preware i didnt see the patch is their another way to install it via preware...sorry im a noob and i will be hitting the thank you button after this
  4. bkbailey's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #44  
    nvm i got it working thank you very much!!!
  5.    #45  
    np
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    im still having trouble with this
    1. i downloaded and installed the patch via wosqi
    2. i went into usb created a folder tittled "Scrims"
    3. i put the two different .png files into the folder they were spelled correctly because i used the ones from the icon list you supplied
    4. then i did a luna restart and its still not working
    can anyone help me
    I am not sure if the folder name is case sensitive or not but if it is then you need to rename your Scrims folder to scrims.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  7. #47  
    2sslow would you mind adding the 1x and all available wifi icons to your patch so we can scrim those too. I have a difficult time reading your script but get the general idea of where the files are that need to be scrim'ed. I just don't know how to add it to the patch file.

    Maybe you can explain to me your script a little so i know what the structure is and modify it myself. I can then send it back to you for final approval and then you can upload it. "We are all here to help each other anyway, right."
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/14/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    2sslow would you mind adding the 1x and all available wifi icons to your patch so we can scrim those too. I have a difficult time reading your script but get the general idea of where the files are that need to be scrim'ed. I just don't know how to add it to the patch file.

    Maybe you can explain to me your script a little so i know what the structure is and modify it myself. I can then send it back to you for final approval and then you can upload it. "We are all here to help each other anyway, right."
    EDIT: Hello?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  9.    #49  
    Sorry guys Im a little behind due to my real job..lol I will get to this this wknd, I promise.

    I have no problem giving up the way Ive been doing this, Its just hard to explain in writing ya know.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  10. #50  
    I have two questions on this as I can't get it to work after creating the scrims folder and after checking the name and extensions requirements.

    1. Does the scrims folder go in the root directory of the USB drive? (This is where I placed it.)

    2. I have the patch installed that puts the 3G icon set in place. Do I need to remove it for this to work?

    What I have done, so far, is this:

    1. Created scrims folder in the root directory of the USB drive.
    2. Name the files: network-evdo-connected.png and network-evdo-dormant.png and placed them in the scrims folder.
    3. Installed the Evdo to 4G patch.
    4. Luna Restart.

    I did not however, remove, the 3G Icon patch and have not tried this yet. The 4G patch installed without errors with the 3G Icon patch still in place. What I get is still the 3G icon from the other patch.

    If there is anything I missed here, please let me know.

    This patch was a great idea!

    Thanks!

    Update: I eveidently answered my own question. After I posted this, I decided to try removing the other patch. It works after the 3G Icon patch is removed, so if you have this patch installed, remove it and the 4G icons will then appear if everything else was done correctly. If you try to install the 4G patch with the 3G patch installed it will install without an error so you have to make sure to also remove the 3G patch as the 4G patch will not override it.
    Last edited by Suzannesstud; 03/28/2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Update:
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    I have two questions on this as I can't get it to work after creating the scrims folder and after checking the name and extensions requirements.

    1. Does the scrims folder go in the root directory of the USB drive? (This is where I placed it.)

    2. I have the patch installed that puts the 3G icon set in place. Do I need to remove it for this to work?

    What I have done, so far, is this:

    1. Created scrims folder in the root directory of the USB drive.
    2. Name the files: network-evdo-connected.png and network-evdo-dormant.png and placed them in the scrims folder.
    3. Installed the Evdo to 4G patch.
    4. Luna Restart.

    I did not however, remove, the 3G Icon patch and have not tried this yet. The 4G patch installed without errors with the 3G Icon patch still in place. What I get is still the 3G icon from the other patch.

    If there is anything I missed here, please let me know.

    This patch was a great idea!

    Thanks!

    Update: I eveidently answered my own question. After I posted this, I decided to try removing the other patch. It works after the 3G Icon patch is removed, so if you have this patch installed, remove it and the 4G icons will then appear if everything else was done correctly. If you try to install the 4G patch with the 3G patch installed it will install without an error so you have to make sure to also remove the 3G patch as the 4G patch will not override it.
    Yes! you cannot have two patches that do a similar operation.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  12. #52  
    Just to clarify why the 2 patches don't work together...

    If you install the Change EVDO icon to 3G patch, then you're telling WebOS to look for the icons named, network-3G-[WHATEVER].png.

    The patch 2sslow has created here to allow a user to change the images is dependent on WebOS looking for icons named, network-EVDO-[WHATEVER].png.

    .
  13. #53  
    Is this not working in 1.4.1.1?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Is this not working in 1.4.1.1?
    Works for me!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  15. #55  
    I had the patch mentioned above installed but even after uninstall & reboot I'm getting nothing....

    Edit: so I reinstalled the patch and everything's great! Thanks!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  16. #56  
    Is it possible to call a file extension other than a *.png? Can that be done in the patch where if it see's the png extension it will replace it with something else?

    thx
  17. #57  
    Why would you want to change from the systems native recommended image extension? Making a png file from any other image file is as easy as opening it in an image edit program and saving as png.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Can you add scrim for the 1x and all available wifi icons to your patch so we can scrim those also.
    PLEASE scrim this if you can so we can change all the "internet icon" options.

    I would like to change my wifi to be:
    dot + 1st line + 2nd line = Green
    dot + 1st line = Yellow
    dot = RED

    "It would be more visually appealing & I know how to do this dynamically with css."
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  19.    #59  
    Ok.. lol I will get this done for you, Just give me a day or two.

    Ive been meaning to get to this just havnt had much time lately and actually no one else has asked for this so I didnt think there was much demand for it..It wont take me long to do it I just have to find the time ya know.


    Edit: Here ya go!

    There are 2 patches here, the first is signal/rssi scrim and the second is the wifi scrim patch.

    The pics are as follows signal/rssi:

    rssi-0.png
    rssi-1.png
    rssi-2.png
    rssi-3.png
    rssi-4.png
    rssi-5.png

    wifi:


    wifi-connecting.png
    wifi-0.png
    wifi-1.png
    wifi-2.png
    wifi-3.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/20/2010 at 12:37 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Ok.. lol I will get this done for you, Just give me a day or two.

    Ive been meaning to get to this just havnt had much time lately and actually no one else has asked for this so I didnt think there was much demand for it..It wont take me long to do it I just have to find the time ya know.


    Edit: Here ya go!

    There are 2 patches here, the first is signal/rssi scrim and the second is the wifi scrim patch.

    The pics are as follows signal/rssi:

    rssi-0.png
    rssi-1.png
    rssi-2.png
    rssi-3.png
    rssi-4.png
    rssi-5.png

    wifi:


    wifi-connecting.png
    wifi-0.png
    wifi-1.png
    wifi-2.png
    wifi-3.png
    I wish I could thank you 100 times.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions