Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    The folder is to be named scrims (plural) and if the patch installed w/ no errors then you have something misspelled or misnamed.

A common problem is when you name your files w/ the .png suffix some people dont notice the previous extension was saved.

eg. xxxxx-xxxxx.png is correct
    if you have extensions hidden in windows it will show up as xxxx-xxxx.jpg.png, This wont work.

Make sure all files and folders are named correctly and in lower case w/ the correct extension.

Again: if the patch installed w/ no errors then you have something misspelled or misnamed.
    i tried that and i renamed red-4g-connected to eg.red-4g-connected.png and nothing still happened
  2.    #22  
    the files must be named

network-evdo-connected.png
    network-evdo-dormant.png
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ive noticed with my experience doing this,you have to make sure that you uncheck (hide file extensions )in folder options before you rename the icons.before i unchecked it it was "network-evdo-connected.png.png"even after i changed it.after renaming installing and uninstalling countless times,i finally figured it out,sounds like others are having this problem too.
    hope this helps.
    were you able to get the icons to work?
    Awesome worked like a charm. I am using the 3G icons that are embedded in 1.4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Can someone make just the regular white color 4g signs, same color as evdo

Here you go...

network-evdo-dormant.png
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Here's a couple I attempted to make let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 4G icons:

network-evdo-dormant.png

network-evdo-dormant.png
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/09/2010 at 10:40 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  9.    #29  
    If you want access to my dropbox so others can share these pm me w/ your email address and Ill send you an invite!

demetry14 ill go ahead and create another folder for these icons!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

its weird....ive added a folder called scrims and renamed the pictures...and installed the patch thru qi and it still doesnt show up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

If you want access to my dropbox so others can share these pm me w/ your email address and Ill send you an invite!

demetry14 ill go ahead and create another folder for these icons!
    I have already put them in my folder. I would like to keep my folder with my icons so if you make a folder for the masses just copy mine out don't move them.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    its weird....ive added a folder called scrims and renamed the pictures...and installed the patch thru qi and it still doesnt show up
    make sure your pics are 320x480 and are .png images. Also make sure the patch you have installed is the multi one otherwise if it is one of the single scrim patches you will only get that one replaced and not the masses.

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    make sure your pics are 320x480 and are .png images. Also make sure the patch you have installed is the multi one otherwise if it is one of the single scrim patches you will only get that one replaced and not the masses.
    I think he was talking about the 3g/4g icons

Follow the link below.

I think he was talking about the 3g/4g icons
    oh, my bad... I jumped the gun on that.

Oh and by the way i added my Ev icon scrims to the 3g 4g folder you made in the dropbox. I will be making and adding more too.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ^^^
    off topic but do you own an evo?

Are you on SoCalEvo.net ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    ^^^
    off topic but do you own an evo?

Are you on SoCalEvo.net ?
    yes I do and yes I am... The one on my phone is not mine though... That is gates911.

I'm under the same name on there too.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    ^
    Nice, i'm on there aswell.... 90AWDSM is my old sn on SCE Andrew9RS is my New one. Glad to see a fellow Evo/Pre Owner LOL

Back on topic, Still can't get this to work.

I installed the scrims folder, installed the patch no problem, My file extension names are named correctly and I still don't get anything other then the EVDO icon.

But for some reason after i installed the patch, my phone is continuously going into phone offline and switching back and forth, I uninstalled the patch and it doesnt seem to have that problem anymore.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    ^
    Nice, i'm on there aswell.... 90AWDSM is my old sn on SCE Andrew9RS is my New one. Glad to see a fellow Evo/Pre Owner LOL

Back on topic, Still can't get this to work.

I installed the scrims folder, installed the patch no problem, My file extension names are named correctly and I still don't get anything other then the EVDO icon.

But for some reason after i installed the patch, my phone is continuously going into phone offline and switching back and forth, I uninstalled the patch and it doesnt seem to have that problem anymore.
    Read post #23 in this post

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    im still having trouble with this
    1. i downloaded and installed the patch via wosqi
    2. i went into usb created a folder tittled "Scrims"
    3. i put the two different .png files into the folder they were spelled correctly because i used the ones from the icon list you supplied
    4. then i did a luna restart and its still not working
    can anyone help me
  20.    #40  
    WOSQI is not functioning tonight! Install via PreWare

Also the files i supplied are not named correctly! you must rename them correctly!
    For me to have them named correctly they would have to be in multiple folders as you cant have two same named files in the same folder.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 03/10/2010 at 10:13 PM.

Follow the link below.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast