Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I was wondering if we would ever be able to use a drag and drop feature on webOSquickinstall to make our own mega-mix patches.

I was reading something about ROMs today and it made me think how great it would be if I could add every one of my patches to one file, then keep that file on my computer. This way I can run EPR to remove all my patches before an update. Then, run my unique mega-mix patch and bam...I have all my patches.

I have had to replace my phone 4 times now...Going through refurbs like hotcakes. It gets extremely time-consuming repatching each time. It would be nice to make it a little more simple.

I hope this doesnt come off as unappreciative. I LOVE my patches and they are the #1 best thing about webOS for me. Thanks to everyone that makes them. We all really appreciate it.
    I like the idea. Like ares for patches
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I was wondering if we would ever be able to use a drag and drop feature on webOSquickinstall to make our own mega-mix patches.

I was reading something about ROMs today and it made me think how great it would be if I could add every one of my patches to one file, then keep that file on my computer. This way I can run EPR to remove all my patches before an update. Then, run my unique mega-mix patch and bam...I have all my patches.

I have had to replace my phone 4 times now...Going through refurbs like hotcakes. It gets extremely time-consuming repatching each time. It would be nice to make it a little more simple.

I hope this doesnt come off as unappreciative. I LOVE my patches and they are the #1 best thing about webOS for me. Thanks to everyone that makes them. We all really appreciate it.
    The feature you speak up pretty much exists already. Except, instead of keeping a singular file with all your patches, you could just keep a folder.

For a "one time everything patch" you could simply keep a folder with all your desired patches. Then when you need to patch your Pre, just drag all the files into QI and hit install. As long patches don't interfere with each other and are up-to-date, it should be a one shot deal. It really helps if you use the patch index to make sure everything current.(Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5)

I've done this a few times already without any hassle.
    I've done this as well, although recently on my wifes Pixi or my Pre (I cant remember) it TOTALLY screwed things up and I had to doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    The feature you speak up pretty much exists already. Except, instead of keeping a singular file with all your patches, you could just keep a folder.

For a "one time everything patch" you could simply keep a folder with all your desired patches. Then when you need to patch your Pre, just drag all the files into QI and hit install. As long patches don't interfere with each other and are up-to-date, it should be a one shot deal. It really helps if you use the patch index to make sure everything current.(Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.3.5)

I've done this a few times already without any hassle.
    Only problem that I find with this method is that you're gonna have to individually download each patch you have from the WebOS patch index. This could take a while.... Unless you know another way to do this?
    i was wondering about this. when i was first learning about quickinstall, the guy from youtube said only do one patch at a time. however, a few days ago i opened two files and loaded them both into quickinstall and installed them both onto my pre at the same time..and i think it worked fine? i dont kno my phone is jacked up again with patches that i cant uninstall that i left on when i did a partial erase on my phone. but you are able to open as many patches as you want into quickinstall and install them all at the same time. when you open, you can select all that are in a file, some with shift, or patches here and there with control, you know what i mean? but weather its a good idea for the pre or not im not really sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    Only problem that I find with this method is that you're gonna have to individually download each patch you have from the WebOS patch index. This could take a while.... Unless you know another way to do this?
    You can make it much simpler by adding the patch index as a custom feed in WOSQI. This makes downloading the desired patches as easy as checking boxes.

This is the link to patch feed...
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...3.5.1/Packages

And if you want to keep that list of downloaded patches, DON'T click install right away. Instead, close WOSQI. Then navigate your computer to the folder where WOSQI is installed. Inside, you should have a folder called ""Install." QI should have saved all the downloaded patches into that folder. If you rename the "Install" folder, QI will not overwrite the files, and you have a backup of all the patches- simply drag the patches into QI and install!

From my understanding, mega patches that cross into different areas of the phone are highly discouraged. I'm not sure, but I believe this is the reason why we don't have a mega patch that hides the multiple stock apps (nascar, nfl, sprint tv, etc.).