Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think it might be better to move it into a separate thread: Here are the files for English and German to have a network type submenu in the device menu to switch easily between 2G only, 3G only and Automatic. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2159595

It's not a patch, I would need someone how teach me how to create a patch file which WebOSQuickInstall doesn't complain about.

Until then you need the latest WebOsQuickInstall to copy the files inside the zip into the following folders:

de_de/devicemenu-scene.html into /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/

devicemenu-scene.html into /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/
    devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs $into$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/

Edit: I've finally created a patch file. I send my original files back to the device and tried the patch file with the latest WebOSQuickinstall (use the + button and select the patch file) and it worked. If you haven't installed the changed files and could check the patch on your device, it would be cool. If it works, I would submit it to the webos-patches feed.

Thx
    Henk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 01/22/2010 at 04:45 AM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    does it truly switch over from 2g to 3g?
  3.    #3  
    yes, it's a short cut to the very hard to accessable setting in the phone app.
    so if i want to use this, how do i ?
  5.    #5  
    Ok I've added a small how-to.
  6.    #6  
    Created a real patch file, need your help for testing. See first post.
    Any chance you get this patch on to preware once its tested? Seeing Preware now works with auto update etc. it would be most welcome to have it installed that way. Especially in regards to new web os updates, it would be great to not having to remove this one manually before any os updates.
  8.    #8  
    Have you tried it? Does the patch file worked for you?
    No sorry I did not test it yet myself. Im always a bit reluctant to install stuff that does not come via preware. But I might give it a shot tonight, I really could use the easy toggle between 2g and 3g If I get around to testing it, Ill make sure to let you know if and how it runs!
  10.    #10  
    Look at the first post and make a backup of your existing files. You could also open the patch file in an editor and check which files are touched. Then you should be on the safe side.
  11.    #11  
    I submitted it to the Preware feed. Well, let's see.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I submitted it to the Preware feed. Well, let's see.
    Any word on this? I think there is a new portal for patch submission. Supposed to be faster to the feed with it.
  13.    #13  
    No reply yet. Which is the other link I should try?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Doesn't work quick install says patch failed!!!!
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
  15.    #15  
    Which device type? German GSM Pre with 1.3.5.2? That's what I have tested it against. What's the exact error message?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    No reply yet. Which is the other link I should try?
    See this post in the AUPT thread. It has a link to the new portal.

Edit:
    Actually looks like there is whole thread for it now. Stickied in ths forum.
    Last edited by cdjh; 01/30/2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my 2-part device menu patch. It worked OK before installing the newest WebOSQuickinstall and Preware and now the 2nd patch does not apply anymore. :-(
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Congrats, I see this in Preware now.

Unfortunately, it won't install for me. I have no other device menu patches applied either. The error looks like it deals with devicemenu-scene.html

Anyone else able to install this via Preware?
    I just installed it and it seems to be working just fine, very great patch! Switching between 2G and 3G works like a charme I so had hoped for this to happen, and finally here it is! Thank you, Metaview.

Tested on German GSM Palm Pre on O2.
    it works, but only if I install it with the .zip-files via webOS-Quick-Install. The .patch-file failed and also the patch i tried to install via Preware. But it works, so thank you for that patch, I waited so lang for such a patch!

Fr Deutsche: Die Installation klappte nur mit den .zip-Dateien, die .patch-Datei konnte ich nicht installieren. Auch der Preware-Patch funktionierte nicht (Error: 1 of 5 Hunks failed). Trotzdem vielen Dank! auf solch einen Patch hab ich ewig gewartet.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast