Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    P.S. - I am using an english speaking spanish device
    So, I investigated this... the files are pretty readable so I made my own patch. It seems that the original patch conflicts with the "no airplane mode" patch which is pretty common". I tried to keep my changes (copied from the original patch) pretty close to the wifi/bluetooth lines so that the patch would be as cross platform as possible.
    One question/issue: until the functionality it first accessed, the menu lists "???" as the current network. This is not a biggie, but how about getting the state and putting it there ?

Attaced.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #102  
    unreversed patch detected: you have another device menü patch which conflicts.
    I know for a fact that the GPS in device menu patch conflicts with this patch (not sure if that's the problem here...

I have just started a thread (before I saw this had emerged in this one) to ask whether it would be possible for one of them to be modified so that they do not conflict?
  4.    #104  
    urig: if you want to implement the status request, just do it. I don't really need the status in the menu, the network display shows me if 2G or 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    urig: if you want to implement the status request, just do it. I don't really need the status in the menu, the network display shows me if 2G or 3G.
    does the data icon change when u switch from 3G to 2G?
  6.    #106  
    What's the data icon? The small bars indicate what mode is used, but when in Auto it will use the mode which is available. the patch is nothing more than a shortcut for the option in the phone settings, a bit hard to reach if you need it often, like I do.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Philda2nd View Post
    it works, but only if I install it with the .zip-files via webOS-Quick-Install. The .patch-file failed and also the patch i tried to install via Preware. But it works, so thank you for that patch, I waited so lang for such a patch!

Für Deutsche: Die Installation klappte nur mit den .zip-Dateien, die .patch-Datei konnte ich nicht installieren. Auch der Preware-Patch funktionierte nicht (Error: 1 of 5 Hunks failed). Trotzdem vielen Dank! auf solch einen Patch hab ich ewig gewartet.
    the data icon on the sprint palm pre is the EV-DO icon "Ev" as it displays on the top bar. Ev is 3G and 1x is 2G
    its not letting me install it though. i uninstalled all my top bar patches and nothing
  9.    #109  
    It will not work on a CDMA device. And on US GSM devices only the "only english" patch will work.
    Is it possible to make this compatible with CDMA versions?
  11.    #111  
    It's not possible, the phone API has no such a call.
    I think you should have added the fact that it doesn't work on CDMA devices. I installed it once but it didn't work so I just installed the data toggle patch
    What is "Preware"?
    (newbie here)
  14.    #114  
    "Preware" is an homebrew app to access the catalog of homebrew apps and patches. You should find installing instruction here on this site.
    Please add to the patch description in Preware that this patch is for GSM devices only; I spent half an hour or so tonight trying to get it to work on my Sprint Pre. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Please add to the patch description in Preware that this patch is for GSM devices only; I spent half an hour or so tonight trying to get it to work on my Sprint Pre. Thanks!

Quick question here - as I live in GSM-only-land: Does the indicator (with the bars) show "3G" and "G" or "E" on CDMA devices, too?
    - DerSarek

Paranoia is just reality at a higher resolution.
    can not instal via preware on uk o2. Any help please?
    This patch does not work on a Sprint Palm Pre.....
  19.    #119  
    There is a new patch: Toggle 3G, GPS and Brightness for device menu, and language independent. 3G only exists with GSM.
    German localization of this patch (tested on HP Veer)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456