Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    ok, I have it, thx
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    ok, I have it, thx
    do you think the patch can be made to work for sprint pre's?
  3.    #83  
    Well, your file seems to be the same as mine. Could you tell me with some screenshots how you manually switch between 2G and 3G on CDMA?
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Well, your file seems to be the same as mine. Could you tell me with some screenshots how you manually switch between 2G and 3G on CDMA?
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for. But first you dial ##3836# (pic 1)and the menu shows up (pic 2). Then change from Hybrid Rev A (which is auto between 2G an 3G) to 'EVDO Only'. Then when you hit save (pic 3), the phone resets (pic 4) and the phone data connection is locked to 3G.

On sprint this means that there is no text messages received or network time zone available. But when you need to prevent it from going to 2G, that's the trade off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (118.8 KB, 13 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (40.5 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (22.8 KB, 15 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (35.2 KB, 16 views)
  5.    #85  
    Oh, then I don't see how to do it with the patch. Sorry.
    I tried to install this new U.S. version and still get an error. This time the error is....

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    15 35914 15 5467 0 0 8055 0 0:00:04 --:--:-- 0:00:04 16667
    100 35914 100 35914 0 0 30322 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 43062
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only (1.4.1-15) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only (1.4.1-15) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Any ideas?
  7.    #87  
    There seems to be a conflict with another device-menu patch, don't know which.
    Hi there :-)

I installed the patch some time ago on my german device set in french language (OS 1.4.1).
    The patch never worked, and now I have the following error trying to remove it.
    Any idea? I would just be happy to remove it at this stage.
    Thanks in advance for your ideas!
    Cheers

prerm
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu.prerm: line 24: /var/usr/bin/lsdiff: not found
    ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/patch
    lock
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    There seems to be a conflict with another device-menu patch, don't know which.
    I thought I had removed them all. I'll take a look again and see if I missed one. Is there something in the error log that stands out that makes you think it is another device menu patch?

Sorry, for being so dumb about this. But I have no idea what I'm looking at in the error log. I don't have much Linux (or any command line) experience.

Thanks,
  10.    #90  
    Pichenette: seems you miss some apps like lsdiff. Try to reinstall them from Preware. And, it didn't worked for you, because you need the french localization. I guess I need to make a all-language patch.

charmon1605: Look here
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu-english-only.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Looks like the file isn't as expected. Either it's not 1.4.0 or 1.4.1 or another patch is installed.
    Thanks, I just did install lsdiff (not sure I ever did before), but now have anorther error message while trying to uninstall the patch.
    Any idea?
    Thanks again for your help,
    Franck

------------------------------------------------------

prerm
    ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/patch
    lock
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution
    -----------------------------------------------
    Palm Vx > Palm Tungsten > Palm Lifedrive > Palm Pre
    Paris > Barcelona > Amsterdam > Rome
  12.    #92  
    Maybe it's looking for some tool called "patch"?
    Oh, then I don't see how to do it with the patch. Sorry.
    hi,
    i'm having the same issue as cdjh (sprint pre, cdma, 1.4.1.1 and patch doesn't function (the first time i opened the device menu after luna restart there were three question marks "???" beside network type, like it couldn't poll the device to determine the network)- i do have the english version installed.
    does this mean it will never work with our phones? i/we really want this patch as you can see what we have to go through to change networks.
    how do you change your network type, if not by the method pictured by cdjh?
    thanks
    Ev
  14.    #94  
    On GSM there is a dedicated option in "phone settings" to switch between 2G, 3G and Auto.
    Ok found it :-)
    It was GNU Patch which was required... to let me uninstall. So quiet weird: I could first install without any problem, but then to be able to uninstall I need to first install lsdiff and GNU Patch!
    Strange days!
    Thanks anyway!
    Cheers
    -----------------------------------------------
    Palm Vx > Palm Tungsten > Palm Lifedrive > Palm Pre
    Paris > Barcelona > Amsterdam > Rome
    charmon1605: Look here
    Quote:
    Looks like the file isn't as expected. Either it's not 1.4.0 or 1.4.1 or another patch is installed.

Sorry for being so dense. But do you mean to actually go look at that file (devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$)? $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $even$ $get$ $to$ $that$ $file$ $and$ $open$ $it$.

I'm going to take another look and see if there are any patches that I missed. And make sure everything else is uninstalled.

In the meantime, I've been using the manual way of setting the pre to 3g only, that you mentioned in a earlier post. Thanks for that tip!

UPDATE:

I used Internalz to browse for that file. I didn't find a .rej file, all I found was devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Last edited by charmon1605; 05/17/2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for. But first you dial ##3836# (pic 1)and the menu shows up (pic 2). Then change from Hybrid Rev A (which is auto between 2G an 3G) to 'EVDO Only'. Then when you hit save (pic 3), the phone resets (pic 4) and the phone data connection is locked to 3G.

On sprint this means that there is no text messages received or network time zone available. But when you need to prevent it from going to 2G, that's the trade off.
    Tanks for this tip!!

Im curious though. What do the other settings do?

Like Hybrid Rev 0, 1xRTT, EVDO Rev 0 Only?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charmon1605 View Post
    Tanks for this tip!!

Im curious though. What do the other settings do?

Like Hybrid Rev 0, 1xRTT, EVDO Rev 0 Only?

Thanks.

EVDO Rev A and Rev 0 are the two types of Sprint Broadband (if you don't count the new 4G WIMAX). So you can lock the phone to either. EVDO Rev A is around 25% faster downloading and a lot faster uploading. Hybrid will let the phone switch between 3G and 2G network types.

Switching it to EVDO only will let use either Rev 0 or A I think, but it will prevent switching to 1xRTT which is the old, slow 2G network (max around 150 kb/s download).
    Help!
    I am unable to install this patch, here is the webos-patches.log:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Jun 8 16:18:22 IDT 2010
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu/top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 78.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 130.
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 191 (offset -2 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1106 (offset 17 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 106 with fuzz 1 (offset 9 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu:
    package_list
    top-bar-toggle-3g-in-device-menu.patch
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    Help!
    I am unable to install this patch, here is the webos-patches.log:
    P.S. - I am using an english speaking spanish device
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast