Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Any chance of this patch in 1.4?
  2.    #42  
    Yes, working on it.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Ok cheers
    an update of the 3G TOGGLE just show on preware but still doesn't work with 1.4 :-(
    it says error installing: see IPKG LOG

GSM PRE here
    I had the dummy patch installed since the 1.4 update and saw it being updated this morning. Update worked and the patch is full functioning again for me, German GSM Pre with 1.4.

Thank you very much MetaView, highly appreciated, for me this is one of the most useful patches in daily life
  6.    #46  
    @cecemf: do you have any other device menu patch installed? Do you have an EFIGS OS (means one where you can switch between: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)?
    could someone help me by sending the original files for a german pre with WebOS 1.4?

i tried to install the patch via preware, installation completed without error, but now my device menu stays on the screen once it's opened. the only way to close it is pressing the centerbutton :-(

tried EPR but that just killed the menu...
    will this work with other menu mega mix patches?
    i would love this. can someone write a toggle program to switch between 2G and 3G?
    or 2G 3G and OFF

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ta-toggle.html
  9.    #49  
    habasch: the device menu closes here automatically: German GSM Pre OS 1.4
    habasch: the device menu closes here automatically: German GSM Pre OS 1.4
    i know that id should, but i somehow messed up the files while trying to install the patch via preware...
    thats why i'd like to get the original files to copy them on my pre and see if that helps
  11.    #51  
    ok, send me an email
    Since updating to WebOS version 1.4, I have been able to have my phone set to EVDO-Only, and I am still getting text messages. Now I'm just getting that stupid Time-Zone error, and the patch to fix that won't install from Preware

I though that if we set our phones to EVDO-Only; we wouldn't get text messages? Did the software update change something? And can I manually disable that Time-Zone error forever?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have menu patch installed and this 3G Toggle patch cant be installed! it gives IPK Erorr.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I have menu patch installed and this 3G Toggle patch cant be installed! it gives IPK Erorr.
    I am always running into this problem with all different types of patches. I can install the patch at one time, but then can't install it at a later date. Or I will install a patch, then can't remove it. I have just been using the trick the other users here told me about; where you enter ##3836# on the dial pad. You might get a Time-Zone error after resets, but it does work.

You can also clear all the patches, then reinstall them again. That often times fixes the errors. I wish we had a way to report the errors to Preware and then be sent an automatic list of helpful hints;dealing with that type of error.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I am always running into this problem with all different types of patches. I can install the patch at one time, but then can't install it at a later date. Or I will install a patch, then can't remove it. I have just been using the trick the other users here told me about; where you enter ##3836# on the dial pad. You might get a Time-Zone error after resets, but it does work.

You can also clear all the patches, then reinstall them again. That often times fixes the errors. I wish we had a way to report the errors to Preware and then be sent an automatic list of helpful hints;dealing with that type of error.
    i tried the ##3836# and it gives error (Network failure) ...
    i tried to uninstall the Device menu megamix patch, then the 3G patch installed and works perfectly, but i like the Device menu megamix to be installed and i wish if the 3G patch could be merged into the Megamix patch ...
    Hi, I have this done for en_us and es_es...

[QUOTE=deCorvett;2291338]Hi, I have this done for en_us and es_es...

[IMG]

Will this work on a Sprint Pre? I really want that feature!
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Will this work on a Sprint Pre? I really want that feature!
    Well, I could do a cdma version of this, if I find the network type identifiers for cdma... It's time to download sprint webos doctor...
    I just installed this patch on my Spanish Palm Pre and it does not work. The 2G/3G Toogle Menu is not in my Devic Menu, besides after the patch the WIFI menu is bugged
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2159595

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2296519

Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    rather easily.
    download the .patch file and examine it
    with an app like notepad++ you can see what files it changes and where.
    if it changes any .html file, it only does so for english.
    the spanish files are in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es_es

get the file you need from webOS doctor, change it and push it to your device and you're done.
    or, if you don't know what to do, copy the file he changes to the correspoding es_es subdirectory on your pre. that makes the file you change to be in English, but it works. did that for my german pre and the devicemenu and poweroff alert
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @cecemf: do you have any other device menu patch installed? Do you have an EFIGS OS (means one where you can switch between: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Hi, I have this done for en_us and es_es...
    "Saludos" from Valencia "en Fallas" in Spain.
    Many european users with a EFIGS OS has begin to translate and adapt some of the fantastic preware patches to their Pre, because some of them (may be the one of them with text labels?) only work in the US.
    It is possible to do something like dummy patches to adapt actual US patches to a EFIGS patches?
    It is posible to write in the patch after code lines:
    "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html"
    other code lines with the same English labels but for all the other EFIGS languajes like:
    "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/de_de/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html"
    "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/resources/es_es/views/devicemenu/devicemenu-scene.html"
    ...?
    So It becomes easy to translate and If you donīt want to translate I think that this US-EFIGS patches could work, with labels in English, but work for all European users.

It`s a silly idea? What do you think?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast