Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I almost got this thing ready

can someone test this for me to make sure whenever there is a tap it would vibrate. .please and thank you
    oh and also i think that if u have any other haptic feedback or vibrate patches it would just add on to that vibe, so u may want to remove those

To those of you who want haptic feed back on gesture slides and taps as well please install the Haptic-Feedback-Manager+Gesture.patch

*Patch Seems to work on some apps other then stock as well
    *Patch seems to be working (vibe) everywhere a tap is made except in the quicklaunchbar
    *patch could be made a bit longer but sometimes might lagg so kept at the maximum of 75.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fritos1406; 02/27/2010 at 08:49 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    what does this patch exactly do?
  3.    #3  
    adds the vibrating feature everywhere a tap is made

excellent! just what i didnt know i was missing! haha samsung instinct users before-their-pre rejoice!

just throwing out there what i can tell so far, did a quick diagnostic hope this is helpful

Tested in Emulator first (yes i know my computer won't vibe haha) for bugs then the handheld...

Everything that gives Haptic OK:

ALL Icons in Launcher open with haptic click... as far as i can tell ive got just about every damn app available save for the few lame stragglers haha

Clock: haptic on touches for both alarms and clock view tabs
    also, top left menu haptic

Calendar: switching between day, week, month view all haptic
    layer selection haptic OK
    calendar menu haptic OK

Email: all good in the 'hood, y0

Device Menu: haptic for wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode and brightness all OK
    also, clicking anywhere on screen to exit device menu is haptic

Launcher Menu: All haptic OK

IMPORTANT!!
    Calculator: All button presses result in haptic OK, making the pre-existing calculator haptic patch app null and void, except for the fact that keyboard presses dont result in haptic... then again whats the point of that even really lol

Photos: haptic OK for selection of albums and photos all screen presses result in vibe, as well as photo's menu selections

Video: ditto

Camera: Flash on/off/auto haptic OK
    Also, take picture haptic OK
    Open to photo roll haptic OK

Screen n lock, Sounds and Ringtones, Wifi, Bluetooth, Date and Time, Device Info, location services contacts, Backup, Regional Settings, Luna Manager all good to go

even updates 'show updates' haptic A.O.K.

PHONE DIALER:

well it seems ok, without the dialer silenced patch ive got the DTMF tone playing on top of the haptic vibe. Only complaint is that the haptic vibe for the dialer seems shorter and less strong than the disable dialpad tones/enable haptic

maybe try and incorporate a way to increase haptic vibe on the dialer/add switch in menu for dtmf tones on/off

This is coming along friggin awesome, i guess the ultimate goal would be to consolidate all haptic patches into one with accompanying small modifications?

like you said not sure how this will work in combination with other haptic patches but a test is definitely in order today
    morning fritos, installs and works great. Is there a way to increase the intensity of the feedback?
  6.    #6  
    yeahhh just change the 75 to a greater number...i didnt want to make it alot more because it might lag at times i think

7.    #7  
    i hope someone like jason can create a toggle for enabling and disabling this feature whenever we want

so basically the process would be to use all of JRCanuck's device menu toggle patches as templates

something like calling the /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs

addEventListener Mojo.Event.Tap and creating a toggleHaptic?

throw in some if/else statements and badda bing? haha

this is definitely something to implement. so uh get on it haha jk
  9.    #9  
    not as easy as it sounds for me lol. ill just leave it to somebody who can do it

haha word

wish my java wasnt so rusty, getting into these patches is motivating me to get back into coding

its awesome how far we've come since the release, and things are definitely headed in an awesome direction for the near future. one patch leads to 4 other patches/ideas

i dunno how you guys keep up but awesome work dudes. looking forward to seeing where this one goes in particular!
    Neat!...There's no need to have the dialpad vibration patch with this one.

If you do, it doubles the haptic feedback.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Neat!...There's no need to have the dialpad vibration patch with this one.

If you do, it doubles the haptic feedback.
    yeah no need for any vibrate tap patches anymore

it just seems to add onto the vibrate if there already is haptic feedback

so i should remove...the calculator vibrate and the dialpad feedback huh? if i remove the dialpad feedback, will the dialpad press tones come back?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by flam253 View Post
    so i should remove...the calculator vibrate and the dialpad feedback huh? if i remove the dialpad feedback, will the dialpad press tones come back?
    yeahhh it adds the vibe function all around on any tap. so remove those patches then apply this one unless u want more vibrate added atop of those patches

great work btw though, i really appreciate you taking your own time to help us all!
    will this patch not make the battery drain v fast? hehe whats the main use?
    i like the patch. just a note it does not vibrate if you touch screen background, use wave bar, launcher bar, or with in apps .
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    i like the patch. just a note it does not vibrate if you touch screen background, use wave bar, launcher bar, or with in apps .
    actually it does work within apps..but only those by palm i am guessing
    i am not sure as to whyy it doesnt work in the launchbar or wavebar

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    actually it does work within apps..but only those by palm i am guessing
    i am not sure as to whyy it doesnt work in the launchbar or wavebar
    True...I tried almost every single Palm/stock app and it worked.

I also found that a handful of my other apps picked it up also...

...like Pandora, Agenda, Quick Event, and preStop to name a few.
    Thanks mate, I trust that at some point this will make it into Preware via webos patches feed?
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast