Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I think this would be cool with meta-tap + slider, or anything, to view the topbar. Because I need it once in a wile for bookmarks and history, but not enough to see the top bar everytime I'm at the top of a webpage
    If you install the browser multi mod from Preware, BACKSPACE is a hotkey to go to the top of the page which should show the top bar with the patch in Preware.

Also, Fritos has a patch in Preware which offers a few other shortcuts for bookmarks & history.

thanks, I didn't think of that. should work fine if I can get the shortcuts to install. Am getting errors both on preware and quickinstall
    I just tried to install this patch from preware and it gives me an error while installing (failure during install operation). any ideas? thanks

fyi i just got my pre 2 days ago so i am very new to all this. thanks in advance.
    Jon
    Never mind i noticed the updates for the preware was not turned to on to check everytime. it worked now.
    thanks, this one is cool!
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
    anybody got the fullscreen ALWAYS on working?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    anybody got the fullscreen ALWAYS on working?
    Yes. My "full screen browser" patch is working.

But I also had "hide back and reload buttons" and those are not -- I had thought they might be the same patch, but I guess not. I haven't even looked to see if that is a different pacth and if so, if it has been updated.

Update: Just realized that the Megamix patch from mamouton DOES have these (and more) features combined under one patch (see reference above to thread discussing whether this is a good / not so good idea). I just tried the 3/1 verson of mamouton's megamix patch and it also supports a working full-screen browser.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 03/02/2010 at 08:53 AM.
    I know the mega mix patch works but that shows the fullscreen when not scrolled to the top of a webpage. I want to know is the patch for the full screen always on even when to the top works
    Ooops. Didn't realize there was a patch for that. I had installed the regular "Full Screen" and the "Megamix" but both (as you point out) show the titlebar when at the top of a page. Sorry for the confusion -- you clearly had ALWAYS in caps for a reason. I saw that, but it meant nothing to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    But I also had "hide back and reload buttons" and those are not -- I had thought they might be the same patch, but I guess not. I haven't even looked to see if that is a different pacth and if so, if it has been updated.
    FWIW...The patch specifically for having no buttons in the browser is updating and available through Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    here u go fullscreen mode at all times
    I kno I'm the only one who cares, but it would be nice to have this in preware with updates for the lastest os version
    Great patch! I'm going to be donating later today. I was wondering if this patch can also stop the feature where when you goto enter text into a Text-Entry field of a web site, but instead of the text going into that field; it ends up going into the browsers Top-Bar instead.

I'm really tired; so I hope I have explained this well enough.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

great patch!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    here is what I'm talking about.
    Was there ever a resolution to this? I am seeing the same thing using the 'persistent' fullscreen patch posted in this thread.

Checkerboarding seems to only happen when scrolling up a long page. Scrolling down is fine.

For example, digg:

I also have the hide icons, no refresh and add shortcuts patches installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Was there ever a resolution to this? I am seeing the same thing using the 'persistent' fullscreen patch posted in this thread.

Checkerboarding seems to only happen when scrolling up a long page. Scrolling down is fine.

For example, digg:

...img removed from quote...

I also have the hide icons, no refresh and add shortcuts patches installed.
    Try this one...I moved the fullscreen activation into the setup which worked for the Gmaps patch I made.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Try this one...I moved the fullscreen activation into the setup which worked for the Gmaps patch I made.
    That seems to have fixed it, thanks!!!
    is this patch unique to the browser or is the code related to any app that can rotate?

I recently noticed twee in 180 degrees goes fullscreen as does email & messaging when patched to landscape...would love to see those apps in fullscreen with a patch when in normal orientation.
    I really like this patch on my pre-. Will it be compatible with the touchpad in the future?
    I'd love to see this available for the Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    would be great to see this on my Pre 3 as well as hidden icons patch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast