Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119
  1.    #1  
    Edit: Updated 1.4.1

    Update: 1.4

    If you just want to get rid of the fade, just install the patch, if you want a custom scrim just place it in the scrims folder used for my other patches.
    This will also remove the top fade in the messaging app!

    If you are not using one of my scrims patches (shame on you lol)then just create a folder on the usb drive of your Pre called scrims and put the .pngs in there.

    All 4 patches affect these files
    The affected files are:
    command-menu-gradient.png Fade at the bottom of most apps.
    view-menu-gradient.png Fade at the top of the messaging app.

    The launcher-scrim-menu-fade patches add the ability to either make your launcher clear or add a background to the launcher by adding it to the scrims folder on the usb drive.
    If you use the Launcher-scrim-menu-fade patch
    The file is called
    launcher-scrim.png


    I shouldnt have to say this but apparently I do so here it goes, The patches labled 1.4 are only compatible w/ 1.4!
    The other 2 are for 1.3.5!





    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/03/2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  2. #2  
    2slow you do great work!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    2slow you do great work!!
    If you like that I will be posting an updated version that allows you to change your launcher scrim as well!

    Thanks for the kind words.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4.    #4  
    Thanks Craig for the name change!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  5. #5  
    its really great.. but Im right now not able to set a scrim image for the launcher. the file is in PNG format its called launcher-scrim.png I have a folder scrim in the root which is used for the messaging and email scrims. If I put the launcher-scrim.png in this folder nothing happens. still no scrim at all.. if I create a folder called scrims and put the file inside.. the same result. still no scrim. just icons... Is there a certain format how the scrim image should look?

    I have tried it with two diferent images and still no luck...

    the two files I was trying to use are here

    http://rapidshare.com/files/337708771/scrims.rar

    the second has a _in front of the name
  6. #6  
    2sslow---nothing slow about you at all. Great work man.

    Marion--I was just pming you about this right?

    I want to fade out the bar at the bottom of my email pages. Which of these 2 patches do I use?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    2sslow---nothing slow about you at all. Great work man.

    Marion--I was just pming you about this right?

    I want to fade out the bar at the bottom of my email pages. Which of these 2 patches do I use?
    The menu scrim just does the bottom and top, the launcher does the launcher as well as the menus.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  8. #8  
    I am trying the Launcher-scrim-menu-fade patch and all it does is makes the scrim go to transparent as another post noted above.
  9. #9  
    awesome patch, thanks!.
    Last edited by SISGO; 01/19/2010 at 03:46 PM.
  10. #10  
    Nice patch. 2sslow, I don't know if you know this or not, but as this patch changes a file currently in the ../200.72/images folder, once an update comes out with patch most likely won't work. That folder number (200.72) will be different for each webos version. Maybe you have incorporated that into your patch, but if not, it is something you may want to look at.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    its really great.. but Im right now not able to set a scrim image for the launcher. the file is in PNG format its called launcher-scrim.png I have a folder scrim in the root which is used for the messaging and email scrims. If I put the launcher-scrim.png in this folder nothing happens. still no scrim at all.. if I create a folder called scrims and put the file inside.. the same result. still no scrim. just icons... Is there a certain format how the scrim image should look?

    I have tried it with two diferent images and still no luck...

    the two files I was trying to use are here

    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

    the second has a _in front of the name
    2 2slow - any advice on this one?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    Nice patch. 2sslow, I don't know if you know this or not, but as this patch changes a file currently in the ../200.72/images folder, once an update comes out with patch most likely won't work. That folder number (200.72) will be different for each webos version. Maybe you have incorporated that into your patch, but if not, it is something you may want to look at.
    Yeah I know that! Ill have to rodo it after an OTA till i can figure a better way!

    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    2 2slow - any advice on this one?
    Just got home Ill check tonight!

    Edit: fixed issue walhalla2k was having:
    Remove patch and reinstall the ones currently in the first post, Sorry for the problem.

    Works perfect now!

    If you are happy w/ the clear launcher and dont intend to scrim the files then the previous one is fine!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 01/19/2010 at 04:35 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. #13  
    my theme created a "scrims" folder in my photo app, will this patch for me since i already have all the scrims in the phone???
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  14. #14  
    sick patch, launcher scrim was exactly what i was looking for, good stuff, keep up the good work!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    my theme created a "scrims" folder in my photo app, will this patch for me since i already have all the scrims in the phone???

    Plug in go to usb mode and look for a folder called scrims (spelled exactly, lower case and no . prefix) If so then Yes!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  16. #16  
    2slow - its really working now! thank you.. btw: where is the donate button?
  17. #17  
    The affected files are:
    command-menu-gradient.png Fade at the bottom of mast apps.
    view-menu-gradient.png Fade at the top of the messaging app.
    Sorry to bother you with this, but do you have the exact directories for these files? I want to edit some of my themes so that i can get rid of those fades ( the email app looks horrid in my Token Icon Theme ).

    Thanks for some more great patches 2sslow!
  18. #18  
    How ever did you get rid of that awful fade?

    Cheers mate!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    2slow - its really working now! thank you.. btw: where is the donate button?
    No donate button guys! this is just because i like tinkering!


    Just hit the thanks button for me!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Sorry to bother you with this, but do you have the exact directories for these files? I want to edit some of my themes so that i can get rid of those fades ( the email app looks horrid in my Token Icon Theme ).

    Thanks for some more great patches 2sslow!
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/images
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions