Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    one question: i installed the patch in preware , but i dont like the text field transparent in the messaging app , can i put some file png in the scrim folder to change to the default color?
    same.
  2.    #62  
    The patch has been updated it no longer has a transparent text field in the messaging app!

Its in PreWare now
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

hmm, i have "menu fade scrim" from preware, version 1.4.0-30 and in my messaging app the bar is gone from on top of the text field and it now has a fade, idk if thats the problem the guy above me posted, it's from this patch(the only flaw from any of your patches im using ) am i using an old version of the patch?

btw thanks for all your work.

**edit**
    heres a SS
  4.    #64  
    It should have been an update.....just remove it and reinstall it via PreWare.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

im a little lost, sorry.
    where it says "enter message here..." i don't it to have a fade, i want it to be default. i reinstalled the patch and it's the same.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    one of my favs
    well, i hope you don't mind, but i downloaded the patch from here, opened it with wordpad and took out
    --- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    +++ /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    @@ -327,7 +327,7 @@
    .textfield-group.focused {
    margin-top: -1px;
    border-width: 15px;
    - -webkit-border-image: url(../images/group-textfield-shadow-52.png) 15 15 15 15 stretch stretch;
    + -webkit-border-image: url(/media/internal/scrims/group-textfield-shadow-52.png) 15 15 15 15 stretch stretch;
    }
    .palm-row-wrapper > .textfield-group.focused {
    padding-top: 1px;
    from the patch and installed.
    the fade is now gone, hope i didn't f myself over lol, i love your work, using many of your scrims, thanks for all the hard work.
  8.    #68  
    All Patches are mit licensed which means they can be used,modified,redistributed, etc by anyone!

Ill have to check it out but I submitted a revision a couple of weeks ago that fixed that!
    Not sure why it wasnt working for you!

Follow the link below.

Where can we get scrims, is that dropbox you mentioned up yet?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Any chance of a version of these patches for 1.4.1.1?
    +1
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  12.    #72  
    Updates in 1st post!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Muchas Gracias!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    just made my day!!
    Im a bit of a rookie but if I use woqi to put the patch on how do I remove the patch. I dont see it show up anywhere.
    you can remove via PreWare or through webOS QuickInstall: Tools > Device Management
    thanks for your help. I didnt know preware would recognize it since its not a preware installed patch. That is to cool.
  18.    #78  
    All patches are AUPT compliant so are viewed w/ either PreWare or WOSQI

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've been a regular user of both "Scrim E-Mail" and "Menu Fade Scrim" since their release. After the Sprint 1.4.1.1 update, "Scrim E-Mail" worked fine. However, "Menu Fade Scrim" would not update properly, even with the "place holder patch". Once the new 1.4.1.1 compatible version came along, I hoped my troubles would be over. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

At this point "Menu Fade Scrim" version 1.4.0-30 is "stuck" in my Pre. I can not remove it with Preware or WebOS QI. Of course, I can not "Update" it to the new version either. Today, I put my Pre through the WebOS Repair Utility and gave the uninstall another try. No dice! I also tried uninstalling the "Scrim E-Mail" patch, thinking that might be creating a conflict. Again, no dice. So, I am now at an impasse. Not only can I no longer use the "Menu Fade Scrim" patch, but I can not get into the "Tweaks" section of WebOS QI, because it continually wants to update my patches... only to fail on "Menu Fade Scrim".

Please note I have no other patch problems or issues at this time. Any and all help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

The following is the Error Msg I receive from WebOS QI after the failed uninstall...

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 of 3 hunks ignored --- see webos-patches.log for more details

Sorry for the lengthy text, especially because I have no idea if it will be of any use/help in solving this problem... but here's the additional info from the webos-patches.log...

PATCH REMOVAL Fri Apr 23 18:15:33 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim/app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 3f5f4dc6d54c896422d254132f801409
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-applauncher
    md5sum: 3f5f4dc6d54c896422d254132f801409
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    Remove backup
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    Remove backup

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    can't find file to patch at input line 36
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |index 3c55c3d..59995dc 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    can't find file to patch at input line 58
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    |index 19b7919..b8a7f2e 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim:
    app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim.patch
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    I've been a regular user of both "Scrim E-Mail" and "Menu Fade Scrim" since their release. After the Sprint 1.4.1.1 update, "Scrim E-Mail" worked fine. However, "Menu Fade Scrim" would not update properly, even with the "place holder patch". Once the new 1.4.1.1 compatible version came along, I hoped my troubles would be over. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

At this point "Menu Fade Scrim" version 1.4.0-30 is "stuck" in my Pre. I can not remove it with Preware or WebOS QI. Of course, I can not "Update" it to the new version either. Today, I put my Pre through the WebOS Repair Utility and gave the uninstall another try. No dice! I also tried uninstalling the "Scrim E-Mail" patch, thinking that might be creating a conflict. Again, no dice. So, I am now at an impasse. Not only can I no longer use the "Menu Fade Scrim" patch, but I can not get into the "Tweaks" section of WebOS QI, because it continually wants to update my patches... only to fail on "Menu Fade Scrim".

Please note I have no other patch problems or issues at this time. Any and all help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

The following is the Error Msg I receive from WebOS QI after the failed uninstall...

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Apply anyway? [n]
    3 of 3 hunks ignored --- see webos-patches.log for more details

Sorry for the lengthy text, especially because I have no idea if it will be of any use/help in solving this problem... but here's the additional info from the webos-patches.log...

PATCH REMOVAL Fri Apr 23 18:15:33 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim/app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim.patch

Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 3f5f4dc6d54c896422d254132f801409
    md5sum: 3f5f4dc6d54c896422d254132f801409
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    Remove backup
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-textfields.css
    Remove backup

Dry run patch attempt...
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

Removal FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim:
    app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim.patch
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Let me start by saying Im sorry you are having the problem.

first the email scrim patch is not mine so I cant give you any help w/ that.
    I can only think that the email scrim patch is causing issues w/ the menu-scrim patch.

I can only recommend running EPR to remove all patches then reinstall all the patches new.

What version of WOSQI are you using? 3.12 is the latest version and should allow you to remove the individual patches.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-12-a.html

I would like to apologize for the issues you are having, I can extract the email portion of my multi-scrim patch for you to use instead of the other one you have if you would like to try it once you get this issue figured out.
    I use my multi-scrim and the menu-fade together w/o issue.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/23/2010 at 10:32 PM.

Follow the link below.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast