Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Great job! It works!

Now comes a huge request.

I love this but I want to be able to pick my laucher background like I can pick my background in music player remix. Jason also has some patches that adds options in the menus. The Launcher does not have a Preferences option in the main menu but this would be the place I think.

Then we could have a bunch of different wallpapers stored and could just pick the ones we want. Any time, on the fly!

Here are a bunch of solid dark colors background wallpapers if anyone is interested plus the washed-out gray launcher scrim that Palm likes best (ick!):

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2162639

Here are a bunch of really dark backgrounds with some fancy texture from remix2000:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1984082

Plus that thread is just loaded with dark wallpapers.

What do you think? Could we select a background from the Launcher App?

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/images
    Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    i dont know if this happened to anyone else, but i like it. when i installed the patch, when i bring up the launcher, the bg is transparent, so the bg to my launcher is whatever i have my bg set to. and that is awesome. is it possible to make the text for the icons in the launcher black?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    i dont know if this happened to anyone else, but i like it. when i installed the patch, when i bring up the launcher, the bg is transparent, so the bg to my launcher is whatever i have my bg set to. and that is awesome. is it possible to make the text for the icons in the launcher black?
    Yeah thats kind of the Idea! lol

ill look into the black font thing!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

G_E_N_I_O_U_S
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    G_E_N_I_O_U_S
    I agree j/k lol

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Is the code for the fade on the SMS, email etc. apps the same as the launcher? Like is it possible to just get rid of the upper and lower faded areas within apps and not touch the launcher backdrop itself?
    As I'm sure adding scrims is not that complicated, it's still a bit out of my technical reach. I like the top and bottom fades gone but a clear launcher is confusing with wallpapers showing through.

Great work by the way.
  8.    #28  
    just put this in the scrims folder

name it launcher-scrim.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    just put this in the scrims folder

name it launcher-scrim.png
    Where is this folder located?
    I created a new one in USB mode but nothing..?
    Now I want to learn
  10.    #30  
    yeah create one called scrims (lowercase) on the root of the usb on the Pre, then name the pic above launcher-scrim.png (exactly as it is, lowercase)and put in the scrims folder.

Thats it, well obviously you have to have the patch installed!

BTW this is in PreWare now!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Uh-Oh. You said the "R" word. Do you mean I have to access the Root of the Pre?
    What I did is just plugged it in, hit USB drive, open folder to view files, and next to the 'Downloads', 'DCIM', 'Messaging' folders etc. I created a new folder exactly as you said and still nothing. I think I'm in over my head here...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    oh. i must of read the original description wrong.
    2sslow---great patch. I want to edit the remaining buttons for email (envelope and + sign) in main window, and same envelope and + and refresh buttons inside email account.

still searching usr directory stock files, but a lot to search through. Would you happen to know what their names are?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Uh-Oh. You said the "R" word. Do you mean I have to access the Root of the Pre?
    What I did is just plugged it in, hit USB drive, open folder to view files, and next to the 'Downloads', 'DCIM', 'Messaging' folders etc. I created a new folder exactly as you said and still nothing. I think I'm in over my head here...
    You are doing it correctly, just follow instructions word for word....you have to be precise w/ your typing the files must be named exactly...no additional spaces and must be lowercase.

Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    oh. i must of read the original description wrong.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    2sslow---great patch. I want to edit the remaining buttons for email (envelope and + sign) in main window, and same envelope and + and refresh buttons inside email account.

still searching usr directory stock files, but a lot to search through. Would you happen to know what their names are?
    not a clue...Sorry! lol

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    what i meant was, the original post says that it gets rid of the fade at the top and bottom of the screen. i didnt see anywhere that said it makes the launcher bg transparent. or......maybe im an *****. probably the latter.
  16.    #36  
    There are 2 diff patches! One is just menu fade the other is both the launcher and menu fade!

Follow the link below.

I love getting rid of the menu fade! But I like my black bg on my launcher and the patch in Preware (there's only one re fade scrim) makes my launcher transparent. Is the menu fade only scrim in Preware or do I have to use wosqi to install the one in the first post? Thanks for the scrim patches btw - I use all of them. lol
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I love getting rid of the menu fade! But I like my black bg on my launcher and the patch in Preware (there's only one re fade scrim) makes my launcher transparent. Is the menu fade only scrim in Preware or do I have to use wosqi to install the one in the first post? Thanks for the scrim patches btw - I use all of them. lol
    Post #28.... Just put the pic in the scrims folder and call it launcher-scrim.png
    and your launcher is back to normal.

See sig for further details on creating the scrims folder.

Follow the link below.

There are 2 diff patches! One is just menu fade the other is both the launcher and menu fade!
    IMO, this isn't clear in the OP. I only realzied this after installing and removing the one that removes the launcher background, reading and re-reading and re-reading your OP, and finally reading this one. Thanks for clarifying and for the nice work on the patch.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    is there a way to change the fade to a blue tint or something like that instead of gray tint

@onepalmaddict ---- i told 22slow the same thing i saw the patch on preware and it did not explain what it was removing and then all of a sudden all fade was gone in all parts of the phone lol, it kind of freaked me out ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast