Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Hello guys, I just got a Pre, obviously.. I'm looking to download better vibrations to my phone.. I tried to download the patch to my phone but it doesn't download automatically? I really have no idea how to download stuff into Pre, as this would be my first time.. Any help would be appreciated!
    You must use webOS Quick Install or Preware (which must be initially loaded via webOS Quick Install). There are stickies posted in the forum for both of these. Read them thoroughly and follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be able to download this and any other patch you desire, as well as all official and homebrew apps.

BTW, how did you "[try] to download the patch to my phone?"

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I'm not sure how to use the webOS Quick Install or Preware? I got a link to Preware but like I said, I do not know how to download stuff into Pre.. I tried to use usb to download it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I'm not sure how to use the webOS Quick Install or Preware? I got a link to Preware but like I said, I do not know how to download stuff into Pre.. I tried to use usb to download it?
    As far as I know you CANNOT load apps via USB unless you have root access to your Pre. If you have no idea what that means then you DO NOT want to even go there. If you do know what this means and you want to go there, do so at your own risk.

Below are links and instructions for the two applications I mentioned (one is for your Windows PC and the other is for your Pre). You will need the Windows app to initially load the webOS app onto your Pre. After that you can use either (your preference) to load and remove all other apps and patches onto and off of your Pre.

Be sure to read the instructions carefuly and follow them to the letter. They are not difficult nor are the apps dangerous to your PC or Pre; however, by bypassing steps or misunderstanding what you're doing, you could end up with some headaches and frustrations that will need to be fixed.

webOS Quick Install - PC app; allows you to load selected apps and patches from web-hosted "feeds"; also allows you to load most all regular apps by downloading the individual app file to your computer, selecting it in webOS QI, and uploading it to your Pre

Preware - webOS app that reads multiple "homebrew" feeds as well as Palm's official App Catalog feed; with Preware you can load pretty much every official and unofficial app, as well as patches (i.e., "hacks" or enhancements to your device and to native apps) over the air onto your Pre

Hope this helps...

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I'm sorry to be an annoying, but.. I downloaded WebOS Quick Install, and then I tried to download Preware by using the quick install.. When I click on arrow button to display the list, the program said that the device (phone) isn't connected, when it already is? I tried to uninstall it once then reinstall, but same thing?
    Is your Pre in Developer Mode (it should be and this is often the important step that get overlooked)? Also, be sure all the other requirements are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v3.01

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
      • If you want to manually download it on your own, see this page for direct download links and copy that downloaded .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.
    HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    I already turned DeveloperMode on, reinstall WebOS quick install, but it keeps saying that the device cannot be found.. Even after I repeated trying to re-download Novacom by following the steps from this link: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes but the program still cannot find the device?

Edit: Never mind!! I finally got it working! Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help! And I thanked you
    Last edited by GridIron21; 02/06/2010 at 01:34 AM.
    Glad you're up and running, GridIron21. BTW, welcome to Pre|Central!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    I am trying to install the 2 second patch but I keep getting an error. I had installed the 1 sec patch, then uninstalled it but when I try to install the 1 1/2 or 2 second patch i get:

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution.

i can install the 1 sec patch again fine. Any ideas? TIA

EDIT: tried with preware and webos install...both with the error
    Last edited by friguy3; 02/13/2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Abyssul,
    Your notification patches are extraordinarily helpful and greatly appreciated! I was wondering if you might be able to apply the same treatment to the calendar notifications. Having a longer vibrate combined with the repeat patch might enable me to actually notice my calendar reminders!
    Is there a patch so when I have the ringer switch on the text message vibrate?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is there a patch so when I have the ringer switch on the text message vibrate?
    I don't think you need a patch for that. Can't you just go into Sounds & Ringtones and set it for "sound & vibrate"?
    sometimes I just don't want a text sound and want vibrate only
    you cud make a blank sound file and change the sound to that?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    you cud make a blank sound file and change the sound to that?
    I didn't think of that I wonder would it work
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    I am trying to install the 2 second patch but I keep getting an error. I had installed the 1 sec patch, then uninstalled it but when I try to install the 1 1/2 or 2 second patch i get:

ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution.

i can install the 1 sec patch again fine. Any ideas? TIA

EDIT: tried with preware and webos install...both with the error
    Bump...anyone have this problem?
    Last edited by friguy3; 02/21/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    thanks!
    Can we get a 2 second email vibration notification patch for 1.4? Thanks in advance,
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just installed the 1.5 sec patch on top of a clean webOS 1.4 and it killed my vibrations all together. Removing didn't seem to fix it. Ack. Ideas?
    I loved this patch, but OS 1.4 killed it and now I can't update it, remove it, or reinstall it. I just get the dreaded IPKG error. This is one of a number of patches that I am having this problem with. Anyone else having the same experience? Anything to be tried?
    Can any patchers/developers make this work again? Please...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast