Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Great work, I will download and apply in due course!

Any chance of a very similar patch but applicable to other system vibrate scenarios? i.e. when receiving a call? A patch for that (though for that I guess we just need a STRONGER vibrate) + this patch would be awesome.
    Guess this patch not as easy as it should be. By just adding a longer vibrate to the vibrate that's already there. I had to delete this patch for now because it still vibrated with everything on mute. Wish Palm open it up!!!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post

Any chance of a very similar patch but applicable to other system vibrate scenarios? i.e. when receiving a call? A patch for that (though for that I guess we just need a STRONGER vibrate) + this patch would be awesome.
    I can't control the strength of the vibrate and the call function already has a decent vibrate function. What are you requesting?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    so it kills any sound previously set and stops the notification in lock screen....

Could you update the description in Preware to note those two things?
  5.    #25  
    You're the only report of issues like that. Plus I know for a fact that those are not affected by my patch.
    Abyssul,

What different about the latest version (1.3.5-16)?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    FYI - I did some testing (using v1.3.5-13) and discovered the following:

• Pre powered ON and slider OPEN, with Messaging app in focus: Additional 2-second vibrate DOES NOT occur; only shorter stock vibration.
    • Pre powered ON and slider CLOSED, with Messaging app in focus: Additional 2-second vibrate DOES NOT occur; only shorter stock vibration.
    • Pre powered ON and slider OPEN or CLOSED, with Messaging app CLOSED or NOT in focus: Additional 2-second vibrate DOES occur followed by shorter stock vibration.
    • Pre powered OFF and slider OPEN or CLOSED: Additional 2-second vibrate DOES occur followed by shorter stock vibration.
    • If you use the Messaging Notification Repeat patch: The reminder notification vibration is not extended; only the shorter stock notification vibrates.

To summarize, the extra 2-second vibration only occurs when the Pre is off and/or the Messaging app is not in focus. If the messagng app is in focus, you only get the stock vibration. Not sure why this is--and I do wish it worked under all conditions--but maybe this will be helpful to Abyssul and other developers. I am also hoping that others can replicate and verify this behavior.

I am downloading the most recent version now (see date stamp on update to OP above), but will not be able to re-test until later on 1/22.

ME
    Last edited by OnePalmAddict; 01/23/2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Yes I, too, have noticed that the vibrate for both this and Email vibrates regardless of whether the ringer switch is set to mute or vibrate. So if the phone is muted, it will still do the extended vibrate.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Abyssul,

ME
    Nothing that I know of.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I can't control the strength of the vibrate and the call function already has a decent vibrate function. What are you requesting?
    I guess I wwas getting at how it would be useful if the vibrate function when receiving a call was stronger too. Understand that the length cannot be altered (as this is down to how long you are being called for) but making that stronger somehow would've been nice. Now I see from your reply that it's not possible .

Does this patch affect SMS notifications only (as per thread title) or does it apply to ALL notifications and alerts? If the latter, that is great stuff...
    can it handle 3 secods, 4 seconds, etc? just wondering
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by flam253 View Post
    can it handle 3 secods, 4 seconds, etc? just wondering
    Any designated time interval.

Does this patch affect SMS notifications only (as per thread title) or does it apply to ALL notifications and alerts?
    Only SMS/IM notifications. I can add it to any alert if I can find the right spot.

Abyssul,

ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Nothing that I know of.
    Duhhh...I just checked again and I was looking at the EMAIL vibrate notification. I didn't realize you had created email versions too. Oops!
    Mark A. Einersen
    FYI - I did some testing (using v1.3.5-13) and discovered the following:

<clip>

• If you use the Messaging Notification Repeat patch: The reminder notification vibration is not extended; only the shorter stock notification vibrates.

<clip>
    Is it possible to make the two-second vibrate work with this reminder patch?

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Possibly what OnePalmAddict was asking, but do you know if this or another patch works for Calendar reminders? I use my calendar to remind me of everything, and the tiny little vibrate just isn't working for me :-S. I have the repeat patch so it does it every two minutes, which helps, but even then it's a little light for me to sense. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreakin View Post
    Possibly what OnePalmAddict was asking, but do you know if this or another patch works for Calendar reminders? I use my calendar to remind me of everything, and the tiny little vibrate just isn't working for me :-S. I have the repeat patch so it does it every two minutes, which helps, but even then it's a little light for me to sense. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    +1
    Mark A. Einersen
    Thanks for the patch. I am still learning the webos. I downloaded the file to phone, but want to install. It says cannot find application to open file.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    @Abyssul

I know programming takes time, but if you know of a way to let us select the way the vibrate/tones work for each notification (email, SMS, calendar notification), that would be amazing! I use Datebk for my Treo (which I still carry around) and I LOVE the alarm function they have for calendar reminders which is customizable. I have it set to vibrate 10 times in a row with 3 audible notifications. This repeats 5 times or until I snooze it. I know that's probably asking a lot but just thought I'd throw that out there :-P. Any repeat of any sort would be better than nothing!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappi View Post
    Thanks for the patch. I am still learning the webos. I downloaded the file to phone, but want to install. It says cannot find application to open file.
    Use Preware

I know programming takes time, but if you know of a way to let us select the way the vibrate/tones work for each notification (email, SMS, calendar notification), that would be amazing! I use Datebk for my Treo (which I still carry around) and I LOVE the alarm function they have for calendar reminders which is customizable. I have it set to vibrate 10 times in a row with 3 audible notifications. This repeats 5 times or until I snooze it. I know that's probably asking a lot but just thought I'd throw that out there :-P. Any repeat of any sort would be better than nothing!
    You can try the Notification Repeat patch, but the vibrate service isn't open enough to allow that kind of functionality sadly.

Hello guys, I just got a Pre, obviously.. I'm looking to download better vibrations to my phone.. I tried to download the patch to my phone but it doesn't download automatically? I really have no idea how to download stuff into Pre, as this would be my first time.. Any help would be appreciated!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast