1.    #1  
    I don't think this would be easy, but it would be super cool

say you are looking at a website that you want to come back to a little later and finish reading or something. You could save it as a bookmrk or page icon in launcher, but that isn't going to remind you to go back to it, and maybe you want something more simple that you can get off your phone quickly once your done with it.

here is the patch idea. What if you could swipe the card down to close the card, but at the same time, the url for the site ur looking at becomes a notification. If it is fast enough, it would look like your card became a notification. Maybe the patch works like if your card is touching the bottom of the screen and you let go, it then does that. This way, the card isn't sitting there eating ram (I sometimes get real bad ram problems), the notification will remind you to go back to it, and when you tap the notification, the notification goes away and it opens the url back up in a card. This keeps your bookmarks clean and free of things that you only need to look at once again.

this would make the phone that much more entertaining too

I figured if the reset options can be changed, notifications shouldn't be that hard to make
    I like the concept here, this is the sort of lateral thinking that will make WebOS even greater. But I don't think the developers have enough API access to code something like that. It would be cool to extend this concept to any card - say you were writing a draft email or making a flylist you could just swipe the card down and it would close the app but set a notification/reminder so you remember to go back to it later - when you select the notification it simply opens the relevant app back up. Shame you're not working for Palm
  3.    #3  
    I don't think they hire idea people
    +1

In my opinion it's not needed that the app closes downwards
    but a swipe down sets the notification and (like now) the card jumps back in the middle when you release it.. then you can swipe up to delete.
    Maybe just an easier way to access the last page in the browser history... Now a patch could handle that -- with a button on the browser screen.
    this patch would be awesome if it's possible. I save urls all the time then never get back to them!
  7.    #7  
    I don't remember if I've asked for this before, but a browser history icon in the launcher would be great too, along with other shortcut icons I have in mind
    i like the original idea, but i just have one quest......

what would happen to this thread???
  9.    #9  
    hahaha. well i was thinking of doing this different thing with swipe down because right now, swipe down is really the same as tapping on the card to but it to full screen. other then that, all the other fondling would be the same.
    swipe down is really the same as tapping on the card to but it to full screen.
    not really... it just opens to fullscreen by sliding down, when you touch the gesture area. if you stop before you touch the gesture area, it jumps back up

But this is the same for every direction, swipe to the side, still holding and sliding on the edge down to the gesture and releasing on the gesture area causes the same.
    I think the gesture area is the thing behind opening back to fullscreen.
  11.    #11  
    ya that's what I mean, swipe all the way down

Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    What if you could swipe the card down to close the card, but at the same time, the url for the site ur looking at becomes a notification.... Maybe the patch works like if your card is touching the bottom of the screen and you let go, it then does that.
  12.    #12  
    for an easier alternative, and with the current api, could there be a "set url as natification" option in the drop menu of the browser?