Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I would like to see the ability to "google" a missed call / incoming call that is unknown (not saved in the address book). Those 2 different abilities would be placed in 2 separate parts of the WebOS GUI.

1. Ability to Google a missed call number. This functionality would be within the call log interface. The placement of a button for this function would fit well next to the photo ID box in the call log. A button placed there that is the same size but made up of just the letter G in the google fashion. Clicking on this button would launch a new card with the results from a google search of the phone number is a basic xxx-xxx-xxxx format.

Code:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=xxx-xxx-xxxx
    2. Ability to Google an incoming call with the same functionality as mentioned above, mainly for numbers that are not already saved in the address book. On the pop-up for answer / reject call, again would be a button with the G. Clicking on this would open a new card with the Google search results. Testing would have to be done to see if the phone would be quick enough to open a new car, receive the data and render the page in time to actually switch back and answer the call after finding out who is calling. The other option / idea would be to automatically (with option to disable if the user wants) open a new card and perform the search without any user input, again, only if the number is not saved to the address book.

3. Another place for the "Google Missed Call" button would be in the notification bar at the bottom of the screen. Firstly, the notification that has two buttons, one for "Call Back" and one for "Dismiss". Secondly, add the "G" button in the notification bar on the right side. The "Missed Call Icon" is on the far left, have the G button on the far right.

I'm not sure if other users here would get as much satisfaction out of this as I would, but it sure would be neat. I am usually at my computer at work all day so the ability to open a new tab and search the number calling me is easy. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    self bump.... anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by e_town View Post
    2. Ability to Google an incoming call with the same functionality as mentioned above, mainly for numbers that are not already saved in the address book. On the pop-up for answer / reject call, again would be a button with the G. Clicking on this would open a new card with the Google search results. Testing would have to be done to see if the phone would be quick enough to open a new car, receive the data and render the page in time to actually switch back and answer the call after finding out who is calling. The other option / idea would be to automatically (with option to disable if the user wants) open a new card and perform the search without any user input, again, only if the number is not saved to the address book.
    The only problem with this is that the phone and data cannot function at the same time except for while on Wifi. I like the idea but I doubt it would be quick enough even if phone and data could be used at the same time.