Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

If you receive messages from Twitter via SMS and frequently use the Messaging app to reply to and/or retweet them, you may be interested in this patch.

It adds "Retweet", "Reply", and "Leave" items to the context menu that shows up when you click on a message. None of these commands send your message right away; this allows you to check and edit the message before sending it.

For this patch to work, your contact must be named "Twitter" and/or be shortcode 40404 (yeah, yeah, United-States-ism, I know).

All limitations of using Twitter via SMS still apply.

What's New

2010-07-27 - You can now reply with a DM from a public post.

2010-04-04 - The menu now includes any mentioned usernames. Selecting one brings up their Twitter page in a browser.
    Last edited by dsevil; 07/27/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Bumpity bumpity bump.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

very nice patch. I would have to say I would love to see a patch or something that I could assign my contacts with their twitter handles and it would put the tweets from those handles into the contacts message stream under messaging.

That would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    New in Poor Man's Twitter Client:

The menu now includes any mentioned usernames. Selecting one brings up their Twitter page in a browser.

this is cool
    looks really cool.

what about some options to integrate it with already existing twitter clients?
    for example: clicking on the usernames would bring them up in designated twitter client instead of the web browser (the guy who codes the foursquare app is putting together a common protocol for doing this kind of thing)

also it would be cool to pick whether to tweet reply via DM or via @
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nulall View Post
    what about some options to integrate it with already existing twitter clients?
    for example: clicking on the usernames would bring them up in designated twitter client instead of the web browser (the guy who codes the foursquare app is putting together a common protocol for doing this kind of thing
    You have a link?

also it would be cool to pick whether to tweet reply via DM or via @
    That's going in the next version.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    The latest version of Poor Man's Twitter Client is now available via Preware and the other usual channels.

It only adds one feature: the ability to reply with a DM from a public post.
    Last edited by dsevil; 07/27/2010 at 09:25 AM.

dsevil -- I just started using this patch, and i have to say, IT'S AWESOME! However, I have one complaint that I was hoping you might be able to help me out with. I was coming off using the "Add Select All and New Message" patch (at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...messaging.html ) and I really miss the "select all" meta-tap with Gesture + A. is there any way that you can incorporate that patch into yours, or come up with a patch for the patch to allow it?

PLEASE?!?!?!

Thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Audemars, I haven't forgotten about this one, trust me.

This will require me to refactor the menus a bit from what I was doing, which is fine, except I can't figure out how to get checkEnabled to work in a menu created using popupSubmenu(). I'll noodle on that some more later and/or ask for help.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    i'm getting an install error. are there any known conflicts?

I just installed the SMS character counter patch so that's the most likely culprit
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ok, i also have these sms patches that could be the issue
    - search sms in google & open link in browser
    - add select all & new message
    - audio/video attachments
    - history chat balloon color
    - timestamps clean

plus
    - sms char counter

I guess I'll have to try uninstalling / reinstalling stuff. it's prob select all or search since they both add things to the menu like this patch
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I had to uninstall these 2 patches
    - search sms in google & open link in browser
    - add select all & new message

it's working now. thanks
    Can this be updated to work on 2.2.4?

Thanks.

webOS Developer