1.    #1  
    I was messing around with patches in WebOS Quick Install today, and I'm not sure what happened, but now there's a big dark gray button in every single one of my text messages, both sent and received. The button has no text on it, and does nothing when pressed. It's just a big eye sore. Any idea what it is and how to remove it?
    try restarting the phone. that fixed it for me in the past...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    try restarting the phone. that fixed it for me in the past...
    Just tried restarting it, and the black button is still there. You had this exact problem in the past? Do you know what caused it?
    I don't know what caused it... Maybe remove all messaging patches. Restart luna to confirm that got rid of the problem. Then, re-install the patches. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    I don't know what caused it... Maybe remove all messaging patches. Restart luna to confirm that got rid of the problem. Then, re-install the patches. Good luck.
    I ran the Emergency Patch Recovery tool, restarted it and still nothing. It looks like I may have to webos doctor it...
    might help with diagnosis if you posted a screenshot (orange+sym+p) of said black button.
  7.    #7  
    I attached a screenshot of a text message
    Attached Images Attached Images
    oh, yeah, looks like a half-installed patch or something. can you try running webos repair utility to restore the messaging app to default factory files?
  9.    #9  
    I forgot that utility existed! It fixed it right up... two stylesheets were restored. Thanks!