Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ringer Switch Icon Now included in sconix's Advanced System Menus 2.0 patches in Preware

This patch adds an icon between the battery icon and signal bars when the ringer switch is set to silent.

2010-11-19: Updated for WebOS 2.0
    2010-04-08: Removed some leftover code that produced errors in the logs
    2010-02-28: Fixed bug which made Really Silent Ringer Switch not work.
    2010-02-27: Updated for WebOS 1.4.

Ringer Switch Icon+
    Kanzlr made a nice icon to go with this patch.
    To use it:
    Download the Ringer Switch Icon+ zip-file.
    Use WebOS Quick Install to;
    Install the .ipk.
    Install ONE of the patches.

The nohide variant toggles between two icons. The other one works just as the normal Ringer Switch Icon patch but, of course, with kanzlrs icon.

2010-11-19: Updated for WebOS 2.0
    2010-04-08: Added new icon to distinguish between "mute with vibrate" and "mute"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frause; 12/03/2010 at 09:49 AM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    That is a nice subtle reminder. Are you going to upload the patch?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    That is a nice subtle reminder. Are you going to upload the patch?
    errr. I forgot the patch... It's there now.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Works great, I just need to find a blue copy of that icon.

ahh: Photoshop is great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 01/17/2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Marion--how did you get your launcher pages to have titles or categories? Nice Icons too. Damn..
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Marion--how did you get your launcher pages to have titles or categories? Nice Icons too. Damn..
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html

Here you go
    Marion-- what black scrim did u use for your launcher pages? And how did you make the icon names blue?
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 01/17/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    if i wanted to, how would i change the color of that ringer switch icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by flam253 View Post
    if i wanted to, how would i change the color of that ringer switch icon?
    i think it is usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/prefs-mute.png.
    Get it out of your phone using webosqi, edit it with photoshop and change color, and send back to the phone with the same name and to same directory.
    interesting..im assuming this file would only be available after adding this patch from the thread?
    interesting..im assuming this file would only be available after adding this patch from the thread?
    no, it is always in there. The patch simply puts it at the top bar.
    oh okay nice ill give it a try, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    i think it is usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/prefs-mute.png.
    Get it out of your phone using webosqi, edit it with photoshop and change color, and send back to the phone with the same name and to same directory.
    nabril, would you happen to know the files i would need to alter if i wanted to change the color of the network status, wifi, battery, EVDO? is there a place on this forum that references to all this that i do not know about? thanks
    nabril, would you happen to know the files i would need to alter if i wanted to change the color of the network status, wifi, battery, EVDO? is there a place on this forum that references to all this that i do not know about? thanks

doing that right now, matter of fact. Check out
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...sizes-etc.html

as a starting point. The service icons (battery, network, 1x, evdo) live at \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\images. Just switch the \ to /.
    Edit them, and copy them back.

If you are going to dive into the work of editing files, I would suggest you use webos doctor to create folders in your PC with ALL the files that come stock in your Pre. You will be able to surf folders and directories just like they are in your Pre. So you can search using windows search for file names of things that you might want to change (battery icons, for ex).

The easier method is to root your pre. That will allow you to browse your pre's directories like you do in Windows. I started to do that and got sidetracked. That would be super easy since you can just drag and drop into your pre.

GOod luck.
    way awesome! i started off just applying patches via preware and wqi, but now am looking to customize it my pre more personally.

sorry to be asking so much, but how do i root my pre?
    no problem. Once you discover where files are, your mind will go nuts trying to change colors of everything, the icons, etc.

1) Rooting, check out http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...20#post2147420

2) Guide to files, knowledge, etc, look at all of http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-icons-17.html

That gives you locations, sample files, etc.

GO nuts customizing, just be careful.
    LOL okay ill give it a shot. i was suppose to study for midterms this weekend, but this stuff definitely sidetracked me...completely.
    LOL okay ill give it a shot. i was suppose to study for midterms this weekend, but this stuff definitely sidetracked me...completely.
    you have no idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Works great, I just need to find a blue copy of that icon.

ahh: Photoshop is great.
    any chance you can send me a copy of your file? i tried to photoshop it and change it to that blue color (my 1st time with photoshop), and the icon comes out looking deformed. i dont know why but it doesnt look right!!!!
    will send via priv msg tomorrow. Comp off for today
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast