Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Hi,
    Thanks for this patch, it is really a must-have.
    I've cheched through the thread and did not found anything on the subject.
    I have a question though, is it possible to have the "Ringer Off" Icon showing up when, volume has been turned down using volume keys.
    It happened to me quite a few times.
    If not, I'll get to change my habits but if possible it would be great.
    Many thanks in advance.
    there is a leftover from the non-hide patch which doesn't let me instal it again after OS update. Other patches work fine (installing and uninstalling). Howcan i "clean" this so i can use the non-hide patch again? Cuz i don't wanna do a doctor wipe :/
    okay so i found the solution for my own problem (in case anyone is interested):

1. Get lastest Doctor version (version in your phone)
    2. Open it with WinRar (or the like, something that works with .jar archives)
    3. Extract the WebOS.tar inside the "resources" folder from the webosdoctor.jar
    4. Open the WebOS.tar (again with winrar)
    5. Extract the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz from the WebOS.tar file
    6. Browse to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/ inside the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz file and extract the soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    7. Send the soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $your$ $phone$ $using$ $WebOSQuickInstall$.
    8. Restart!

This should clear any problems with installing the patch in case it doesnt let you to update, or install after a WebOS update.

EDIT: in 7. when sending the file to the phone, make sure you write this path as destination folder: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/
    Last edited by Church Punk; 08/04/2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: 7.
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Nice patch. Very useful to see the switch position. Thanks.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #125  
    First post updated with versions for WebOS 2

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    this is my first forum post so a quick "hello!" and thanks to all of the developers, contributors, et al.

ok, to the details...

my palm pre plus was replaced with a new device and whilst attempting to mod this device in the fashion of my former device, i have been successful in all steps save adding the Ringer Switch Icon that i previously had. i cannot locate it anywhere in PreWare. searched "Ringer Switch Icon" - and other combinations thereof - no dice.

i was almost certain i used the PreWare app to install this previously. is it still up there? any help would be appreciated.
  7.    #127  
    The Ringer Switch Icon patch is now incorporated into the Advanced System Menu Framework patch by sconix and removed from the Preware feeds as a separate patch.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    The Ringer Switch Icon patch is now incorporated into the Advanced System Menu Framework patch by sconix and removed from the Preware feeds as a separate patch.
    Is it configurable now? I have both patches installed and they didn't conflict when I updated the advanced patch
    the aforementioned sconix patch is not installable on 1.4.5 (per the patch notes).
    Hello. Since this patch left Preware, I cannot get it to install via Intenalz, no Top Bar patches installed & using WebOS 1.4.5... Any thougts? Many thanks, Brad
    Ringer Switch Icon Now included in sconix's Advanced System Menus 2.0 patches in Preware

This patch adds an icon between the battery icon and signal bars when the ringer switch is set to silent.

2010-11-19: Updated for WebOS 2.0
    2010-04-08: Removed some leftover code that produced errors in the logs
    2010-02-28: Fixed bug which made Really Silent Ringer Switch not work.
    2010-02-27: Updated for WebOS 1.4.

Ringer Switch Icon+
    Kanzlr made a nice icon to go with this patch.
    To use it:
    Download the Ringer Switch Icon+ zip-file.
    Use WebOS Quick Install to;
    Install the .ipk.
    Install ONE of the patches.

The nohide variant toggles between two icons. The other one works just as the normal Ringer Switch Icon patch but, of course, with kanzlrs icon.

2010-11-19: Updated for WebOS 2.0
    2010-04-08: Added new icon to distinguish between "mute with vibrate" and "mute"
    Can you please put this patch back in Preware? Those of us (which is MOST of us) who don't have 2.0 still want this patch. I had to doctor my phone and now I no longer have this patch and truly miss it.

I just combined this patch with the popular "Rotated Battery Icon + Percentage" patch, for those of us not using 2.x:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...70#post2784470

Also submitted to Preware...
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericco View Post
    Can you please put this patch back in Preware? Those of us (which is MOST of us) who don't have 2.0 still want this patch. I had to doctor my phone and now I no longer have this patch and truly miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by william.gregson View Post
    the aforementioned sconix patch is not installable on 1.4.5 (per the patch notes).
    Hmm... I assumed it was included in the 1.4.5 version of the advanced patch since the ringer switch icon patch was removed from that feed too. I'll look into it.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  14.    #134  
    It is back in the 1.4.5 Preware feed. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks so much! It's good to have it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    i think it is usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/prefs-mute.png.
    Get it out of your phone using webosqi, edit it with photoshop and change color, and send back to the phone with the same name and to same directory.
    I went into USB drive mode but can't seem to find this directory. I just want to switch the icon to red as it is transparent now when it is muted and not easy to see at a glance that the phone is muted Any easier Noob way of doing this?

Thanks.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsorkin View Post
    I went into USB drive mode but can't seem to find this directory. I just want to switch the icon to red as it is transparent now when it is muted and not easy to see at a glance that the phone is muted Any easier Noob way of doing this?

Thanks.

Jon
    I finally searched other threads and figured out how to do it using Internalz and was able to overwrite the existing prefs-mute.png using this directory-usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/prefs-mute.png but after either Lunar or Device restart, it is still the transparent icon vs. the red that I tried copying or moving. What am I missing?

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    this is great, very convenient to know if the ringer is off without having to check the side of the phone. thanks!
    Is there any chance of updating the "no hide" version? I got the normal patch working on my Veer, but i got used to the other version with my old Pre-.

EDIT: Never mind, found the line in the patch and changed it myself... Just had to make sure the phone had the images
    Last edited by Church Punk; 09/23/2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Got it working :P
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Hi, is this patch coming to preware for newer versions of webOS (pre 3)?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast