Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I had deleted it, but maybe had not done a luna restart
    That doesn't matter.

Only when set to mute
    This indicates the patch works but can't find the icon. Did you put an icon called ringer-mute.png in /.icons/ on your usb-partition?
    This indicates the patch works but can't find the icon. Did you put an icon called ringer-mute.png in /.icons/ on your usb-partition?[/QUOTE]

No. Where do I get the icon? Where do I put it exactly. Not familiar with USB partition. Usually set to "just charge"

Thanks.
    Laissez Faire
  3.    #83  
    This indicates the patch works but can't find the icon. Did you put an icon called ringer-mute.png in /.icons/ on your usb-partition?
    No. Where do I get the icon? Where do I put it exactly. Not familiar with USB partition. Usually set to "just charge"

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Then there are two separate issues.

Were you aiming at using the icon kanzlr made? If so, you have to put that icon on your Pre yourself.
    Attach the Pre to a computer in USB-mode. Make a directory called ".icons" on the USB drive.
    Then right-click the image in kanzlrs post and choose "save as". Save it as "ringer-mute.png" in that directory.

The other problem is that you can't uninstall the patch. I've sent you a PM.
    Were you aiming at using the icon kanzlr made? If so, you have to put that icon on your Pre yourself.
    Attach the Pre to a computer in USB-mode. Make a directory called ".icons" on the USB drive.
    Then right-click the image in kanzlrs post and choose "save as". Save it as "ringer-mute.png" in that directory.

Well, none of that worked for me. Could not create a "directory", just a file. Could not find the right icon. Just wish I could go back to the original.
    Laissez Faire
    This is one of my favorite patches. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    patch works great! thanks
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    thanks, great!

if you want, you can include my icon with the patch. would be an honor
    I played around a bit in Ares and the result is in the first post. Hope you are OK with that.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    consider the icons yours, do however you please
    I still have the original patch from preware and just overwrote the prefs-mute.png in the palm settings app
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    hm, i doctored to 1.4 and now none of your patches work.
    not even the original one.
    I don't get any icon in the topbar.
    Would be nice if this could be modified to show ringer volume when it is turned on.
    Laissez Faire
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    hm, i doctored to 1.4 and now none of your patches work.
    not even the original one.
    I don't get any icon in the topbar.
    No icon or blank space?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    no nothing.

well, seems that webOS QI doesn't install stuff properly anymore after doctoring.
    I uninstalled it, reinstalled with preware, and it works now.
    weird. and I have it twice in prewares installed list. just can't remove the disfunctional one. it hangs at "removing" eternally.
    OK .....so, regular patch DOES work with 1.4 and IS removable??

Just want the patch and don't really mind which icon displays.
    Last edited by T0F3R; 03/06/2010 at 12:33 AM.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by T0F3R View Post
    OK .....so, regular patch DOES work with 1.4 and IS removable??

Just want the patch and don't really mind which icon displays.
    I have not had any problems installing or removing any of the patches, and I have done it a bunch of times. At least two people have, however. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the patch itself, though, and could happen with any patch.

The install tools (Preware or WOSQI) does a dry run before actually applying the patch to test if it applies cleanly. Either it applies cleanly and installs or it fails and doesn't. Sometimes it seems it applies the patch but fails to install it as a package. Or the other way around.
    I'm no AUPT expert. This could be all wrong, but it is what I'm thinking is happening.

The patches works on 1.4, I'm using a GSM Pre doctored to 1.4. If you have Preware installed, that would be the easiest way to go.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    @kanzlr Is there any way you can make the icons blue
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    sure, will give it a shot on monday.
    what blue? RGB value?
    Last edited by warlord9159; 03/09/2010 at 06:17 AM.
    Sir, is it too much to ask additional icon for vibrate state in silent mode, next to ringer icon. Sometimes I need to turn of vibration in silent mode, and sometimes I'm using it so I must go to sound settings at least 5 times per day to check vibration state.
    Thank you for your work.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Sir, is it too much to ask additional icon for vibrate state in silent mode, next to ringer icon. Sometimes I need to turn of vibration in silent mode, and sometimes I'm using it so I must go to sound settings at least 5 times per day to check vibration state.
    Thank you for your work.
    Good idea! I am messing around with a version that has two different ringer icons. One for vibration and one without. I need a little help with the graphics, though...

a crossed ringer, and two vertical wave lines beside it? a crossed ringer between two vertical wave lines?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast