Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The new update works perfectly on 1.4 here. Thanks a lot for the updated patch!
    I get a black space too.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    It usually take a couple of days before a patch is updated. The WebOS Internals guys have to manually look through it and approve or deny it.

In the meantime you can install the patch in the first post using WebOS Quick Install.
    Apparently the WebOS guys are mega busy - I had the black space problem -downloaded the most excellent patch from first post - deleted the old version using WOSQI, and installed the latest, and it's fixed!! Thanks very much !!

All patches susccesfully updated after 1.4 except the non compatible ones! and free nfsu!!! - happy days!!
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
  4.    #64  
    The updated patch is in Preware now!

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    After installing the updated patch I encounter the following "strange" behaviour (Luna restart has been done): I cannot hear the ringtone audio when beeing called nor do I hear the ringtones when trying to select a new ringtone (or changing the volume) in the phone app preferences.

Additional remark: the switch is off on the phone.

Could anybody please check this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Stero; 02/28/2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Added remark.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stero View Post
    After installing the updated patch I encounter the following "strange" behaviour (Luna restart has been done): I cannot hear the ringtone audio when beeing called nor do I hear the ringtones when trying to select a new ringtone (or changing the volume) in the phone app preferences.

Additional remark: the switch is off on the phone.

Could anybody please check this. Thanks.

It works as intended for me: Sound when switch is off, both in ringtone preview and on incoming call. No sound when switch is on.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Sorry for the little confusion from my side. The patch works as intended (many thanks for it).

Problem was the Luna restart, which in my case simply has not been enough. After restarting the phone everything worked.
  8.    #68  
    I just updated the patch in the first post.

There was a bug which prevented the Really Silent Ringer Switch patch to work. So if you are using that patch you will want to update.

As usual, it will take a little while before the new version is in Preware.

Works fine for me. German o2 Pre. This patch should be integrated into the default firmware! (Like the LED notifications did...)

Thank you!
    Downloaded new patch from Preware. Installed it and it works great. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Just got the updated patch... works great... thanks once again for all the work!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I just updated the patch in the first post.

There was a bug which prevented the Really Silent Ringer Switch patch to work. So if you are using that patch you will want to update.

As usual, it will take a little while before the new version is in Preware.
    Updated thru preware. Patch works as desired. Many thanks!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    thanks for this great patch!

I took the freedom to create a new icon that fits a bit better with the other default top bar icons. with webos quick install, send to

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/images
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    thanks for this great patch!

I took the freedom to create a new icon that fits a bit better with the other default top bar icons.
    Nice!

Even better, use this patch instead and save the icon as "/media/internal/.icons/ringer-mute.png" ("/.icons/ringer-mute.png" on your USB-partition).

This way avoids overwriting stock WebOS files on your device and keeps the icons in sounds and alert settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice!

Even better, use this patch instead and save the icon as "/media/internal/.icons/ringer-mute.png" ("/.icons/ringer-mute.png" on your USB-partition).

This way avoids overwriting stock WebOS files on your device and keeps the icons in sounds and alert settings.
    Installed this, get blank space, no icon, It does not appear in Preware or WEBOSQI so I can't delete it, cannot install the stodk version.
    Laissez Faire
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Installed this, get blank space, no icon, It does not appear in Preware or WEBOSQI so I can't delete it, cannot install the stodk version.
    That shouldn't happen...
    Did you have the other ringer switch patch installed when you installed this one?
    What version of WOSQI did you use?
    Any error messages?
    Is the blank space always there or only when the switch is set to mute?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Nice!

thanks, great!

if you want, you can include my icon with the patch. would be an honor
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    thanks, great!

if you want, you can include my icon with the patch. would be an honor
    I'll gladly make a zip with the patch and your icon. I'm not sure you can have a patch that adds a graphics file in Preware...
    Could you perhaps make one without the red line? (just the speaker) There was someone who wanted the icon to always be there.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    sure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That shouldn't happen...
    Did you have the other ringer switch patch installed when you installed this one?

I had deleted it, but maybe had not done a luna restart

What version of WOSQI did you use?

Most recent

Any error messages? No

Is the blank space always there or only when the switch is set to mute?
    Only when set to mute
    Laissez Faire
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast